Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have custom objects in your Sims 4 game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited November 2015
    Most of my CC is CAS items (skin, makeup, hair, clothes) but I have been getting more sets of objects CC in my game lately. Beds seem to be my obsession most right now. With the beds we have being so limited, I tend to use the same beds over and over. I have a bed that is frame and mattress separated and the rest is different beds.

If anyone knows more frame/mattress separates, let me know please! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited November 2015
    Yes I do. I have hanging chairs and porch swings, Christmas decorations (Temporarily, for the holidays), a go table, some pretty Chinese shelving units, and a mod that lets you do the pretty roofing you see on pagodas. It didn't work too great for my pagoda (It isn't mean to work on diagonal walls) But it still works beautifully on square buildings. I also designed my own counter tops for later in game.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I don't use it, because I like sharing my builds on the gallery - but it is very difficult to resist sometimes.

I found a site a few weeks ago that had such good build cc I wanted to cry lol :D (I'd share the bookmark, but the computer I bookmarked it on is out of commission at the moment.) I definitely use and love CAS cc.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I don't think I know what the Sims is without custom content... Lol I have custom content of all kinds of things.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I was using some CC buy/build for a while, but I pulled it all out to restart a fresh save. I'm planning to get the new EP, and probably Spooky Stuff as well, so we'll see how long I can go after that before I'm craving more buy/build options again. For me, it usually comes down to colors: I want darker carpets, more colors of non-super-grainy woods, and more bedding and curtain colors. And making them myself is slooooow.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I used to download cars all the time in The Sims 3, but otherwise I've been CC free since I started playing The Sims 2.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited November 2015
    I do, but all of the build/buy objects in my mods folder are edits of existing content. I find a good majority of CC unappealing with the look of the mesh and textures compared to the Maxis catalogue. Anything I add is maxis match in texture and object quality.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    I have all of Peacemakers things and some of @_orangemittens_ from Sims 4 Studio.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Hi,
    Yep, I use it all. Furniture, build stuff - like doors, windows, wall colors, carpet...the works. Why should it be any different than clothes, hair or skins?

If you're worried about it messing up your game, place anything new you try in a new folder named the date you put it in the mods folder. Then when you play your game, and if it messes up, you can just go right back to that folder and yank it out.

At least, that's what I do.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    I have tons of bedroom furniture, dressers, end tables, bed frames and mattresses... And baby cribs. I can't stand the bassinet that comes in basegame. :s

I also have a lot of custom paintings. I like my walls to be nicely decorated and I NEVER use the same painting twice in the house.
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I use to have CC, from CAS to build/buy stuff, but the last months I have been CC free and I noticed I really don't need it with sims 4.
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    An old fashioned wheelchair, a typewriter... that's it.

Don't get me started on CAS content...!
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png