Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Together is Coming!

I'm so excited for this EP, and I'm really happy to be a part of this community, since I'm kind of new to the whole forum thing. So I wanted to know a little bit about some of the people in the community. I want to know where everyone is from, what their favorite sims game is, who their favorite sim that they've created is, and what they are most excited about for get together. Here's my answers:

I'm from Louisiana, my favorite sims game is the sims 4, my all-time favorite sim I've created is hands down Stella O'Connell, my original legacy challenge sim. I'll try to post a pic of her and the whole family on this thread if I remember. Also, what I'm most excited for about get together is probably the new club system, because I feel like it adds a whole new layer of elements to the game play that are perfect for storytellers like me.

So please if you see this thread feel free to share a little bit about your sims experience because I'd love to learn a little more about some of the other simmers in the community.

Comments

• Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hello, this is a very neat Idea since I enjoy being around people who like this franchise (especially TS4) as much as I do. So it's just natural that I care more for you guys who are as enthusiastic as myself when it comes to this game and its addons...

I am from Poland (born there) but I live in Germany currently. I have been playing TS since day 1 and it has always been one of my favourite games of all time (each iteration). It's really hard to tell which iteration is the best in its series because they are so different and unique in its own ways. Right now TS4 is my game of choice and I really, really, really enjoy it (too much for my taste, but what can you do, I am addicted, it's too late now).
    Also, what I'm most excited for about get together is probably the new club system, because I feel like it adds a whole new layer of elements to the game play that are perfect for storytellers like me.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.
    Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm from the US. My favorite packs are outdoor retreat,spa day and spooky stuff though I have all the packs.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm from Canada and Sims 4 is my favorite of the bunch so far. I have so many favorite sims ( I play rotationally) so I can't really say which is my favorite because I really do love them all!

Glad you are enjoying the game and the forum OP :)
  • Options
    Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm from one of the south-eastern united states. The Sims Bustin' Out on console will probably always be my favorite sims game because it had one of the most enjoyable sandbox modes for me. In terms of pc sims games, I still favor(and play) the original. Because graphics aren't that important to me. The original is a lot of fun for me with all of its creative freedom and possibilities. I'm a rather imaginative person. For this reason, the sims 4 is becoming very addictive for me as well. I am hoping it will develop into my new favorite. :)

I can't pick a favorite sim. I don't really make "sims" in the traditional sense. I re-create characters from my personal stories using The Sims. So, it would be like picking your favorite child. And, I simply can't do that.

The new dance moves, food, and cafes are what I look forward to the most in Get Together.

Welcome to the forums!
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Hi @Kbgirlee :) I'm from Canada too, and I love Sims 4. I've been playing since shortly after The Sims launched. My favorite Sim is always the one I'm playing! I never used to play premades, but I played Amber for a while this fall and had a grand time with her. I'm really excited for this pack because the Clubs gameplay feels to me like it will revolutionize the gameplay. Sims 3's story progression didn't make the world feel "alive" to me, though I know it did for some other people; this seems like it will be the kind of "alive" that will work for me, personally. I'm also really excited to see the stories that people are already imagining for it! I use the Sims to tell myself stories but never shared any of that with other people until very recently.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Hi @Kbgirlee - I'm an Aussie and have loved simming since Sims 1. I've played 1,2,3 and 4 and have enjoyed them all for different reasons. I'm loving Sims 4 and play with so many different sims, my favourite changes all the time. I'm loving the look of Windenburg and can't wait to start exploring!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm from the south (y'all) and I started on day one with S1. My favorite is always the newest version because it just keeps getting better and better. I have a sim, Dante Crowe, that I always use to explore new games or worlds. I am looking forward to the club system. It looks promising. Thanks for this post and welcome to the family, a somewhat dysfunctional family, but, in the end, a family non the less.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    California born and raised. Been playing Sims since 2001; played the first three Sims games on the Mac system (we never did get the last two Sims 2 EPs or most of the SPs), just started playing on a Windows laptop when my Mac went into storage (long story). Can't really say I have a favorite Sim though I always liked playing the Brokes. The Sims 4 does have some flaws but the game has improved a lot in the last year; very interested in what the group dynamics in GT will do to my game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Hello and welcome. I'm from Mexico, I've been playing The Sims since 2000, my favorite game is The Sims 4 as of right now (or maybe The Sims 2, so many memories), my favorite expansion pack is Seasons and The Sims 1 Unleashed. One of my favorite Sims is the one on my avatar, along with a ginger that I'll include a picture later.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Hello! I too am very excited about the new expansion pack. I've taken two days off work and plan to do nothing but play my game.

I live in the US, Maryland, about 15 minutes north of Washington, DC. I've been playing for 15 years, since the very first version was introduced but I'd have to say this version is my favorite. I just adore these sims. <3 My favorite sims is one I played for the entirety of Sims 3 and then had her recreated for Sims 4. There is so much that excites me about Get Together. The clubs, the new town, the new objects, the new clothing, the cafes.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Welcome to the forums, OP! I hope you have fun here and well as in your game, and I hope you'll share more about your Stella O'Connell sim and her family. :)

I'm from So. California. I've been hooked on The Sims since it debuted in 2000, but before that I was already playing Maxis simulation games like SimCity, SimAnt, SimFarm, and so on. Simulation games are my favorite genre, although I love a good game of mahjong too! I am really enjoying Sims 4 and I'd say my favorite family I've made so far has been my adventurous Evermist household which consists of an alien male and his "wannabe alien" wife and their blue-skinned daughter. I'm very excited for Get Together! Windenburg looks beautiful and I'm eager to explore it and play with the new club features, build/buy stuff, and venues!
  • Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    Hi! My name is Ivy and I'm from Canada. I'm a newbie here on the forums as well, and a newbie at the Sims franchise. I've only played the Sims 4 (eek!), so it's my favourite. But I love the entire franchise because it's literally my childhood aspirations - interior designer, architect, stylist and more. For my favourite sim, it has to be Gisele Lancaster from my legacy challenge. She's part of the six gen, super sassy and divorced villain. There's never enough drama with her!
    I'm really excited for Get Together! All the detailed landscapes, items, interactions make me love the new expansion. But I think the new club system is the best part for me. And the arcade game. And the new diving rock. And the bluffs. I can't choose!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm from Rhode Island, USA. I enjoy Storytelling, Creative, Survival, Supernatural, Deviant, Action and Adventure.
    I'm partially new to the Sims I've been watching from afar, I started with the Sims Freeplay and Medieval mobile games, and The Sims 4 is the first game I have ever owned.

Mason King is my Simself, As I said I love Supernatural and I can't wait for that pack to return and he can be a Sorcerer. His Code name: Inferno. He possesses great power over Fire, Light, and Dark magic. His go to Spells are Fireballs, Lightning Strikes, and Ripping out Hearts. He's a Vigilante, after His Father who was/is a Detective was struck down, in the world He's from (I call it Briarwood in my Head). So he fights crime, solves mysteries against Mortal and Supernatural Creatures. He's Sincere, a bit of a Geek and Soccer Jock, Even though his Scarlet Cloak can shield him from any spell, he also Shields himself with Sarcasm.

I'm actually very Excited For Get Together, as well as Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, and Perfect Patio I plan to buy along side GT.

I'm excited For GT because DJ booths, Night Clubs can finally be complete.
    Windenburg, there is a Certain Island I plan on taking over and making it my own private Island. (I'm Kind of a Loner I don't like close nosey neighbors, Get yo life!

Club Trinity will be united soon!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Hi, Kbgirlee!

I'm from Singapore. It's this place with crazy greenery everywhere even on buildings. :P
    img15367_03072014081553.jpeg

This photo below is my art school.
    beb44ace95e276a0b67b35349f97bb6d.jpg

Anyway, my fav Sims game is definitely The Sims 4 so far. The lighting in the game is gorgeous. The sims are also likeable and look pretty.
    My fav sim is Dylan Anderson. He's the guy in my profile pic. He's a cutie patootie. :tongue: I think he's quite well-known on this forum cuz I always post his adventures on the Favorite Screenshot thread. Haha!

I'm excited for Get Together cuz the world of Windenburg looks fantastic and I can't wait for Dylan to meet all the lovely new pre-made sims and maybe even find a few enemies here and there, like he always does. :naughty: I also like how there's so many different options for the club requirements and rules/bans. I'm very excited to see how simmers are going to like this EP since a lot of us complain about the game not being "sandbox" enough. Hopefully, this EP will change that, if they do buy it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I'm from Fort Hood , Texas. I enjoy reading. I've been a Simmer since I was nine years old. The Sims four is my favorite in the series so far. My favorite Sim that I've ever created is Rachel Connor , who I made in TS2.
    I'm looking forward to Get Together because it looks stunning.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    @DeKay, those pictures are great! I am from Florida and wish I had cooler weather right now! ;) I have been a simmer since the very beginning.

I love playing challenges best, though I am horrible w follow through on them. But I am trying to stick it out better. I love the beginning of challenges the best! I am soooo excited for get together. I think the clubs will be fantastic way to communicate w other sims.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    dmama1314 wrote: »
    @DeKay, those pictures are great! I am from Florida and wish I had cooler weather right now! ;) I have been a simmer since the very beginning.

I love playing challenges best, though I am horrible w follow through on them. But I am trying to stick it out better. I love the beginning of challenges the best! I am soooo excited for get together. I think the clubs will be fantastic way to communicate w other sims.

Well, Singapore is like Florida. It's hot here and it never snows. :weary:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited December 2015
    Kbgirlee wrote: »
    I'm so excited for this EP, and I'm really happy to be a part of this community, since I'm kind of new to the whole forum thing. So I wanted to know a little bit about some of the people in the community. I want to know where everyone is from, what their favorite sims game is, who their favorite sim that they've created is, and what they are most excited about for get together. Here's my answers:

I'm from Louisiana, my favorite sims game is the sims 4, my all-time favorite sim I've created is hands down Stella O'Connell, my original legacy challenge sim. I'll try to post a pic of her and the whole family on this thread if I remember. Also, what I'm most excited for about get together is probably the new club system, because I feel like it adds a whole new layer of elements to the game play that are perfect for storytellers like me.

So please if you see this thread feel free to share a little bit about your sims experience because I'd love to learn a little more about some of the other simmers in the community.
    Get Together is with out a doubt rich with storytelling elements. You got all new townies, discos, pubs, cafes, social clubs, new lot types, a sea monster. A really good storyteller will have a field day with GT. Because there's so much to play with, and use in the stories.

• Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Hello and welcome! I'm Amber, really, I am. I'm from near the top of New Hampshire not too far from Canada, eh. I've been playing since TS2 and have had all the EPs and most of the SPs for TS2 and 3. I have all the packs for 4 and it is my favorite version of the game. I absolutely love that my sim can live in, move to, and visit all the "worlds". I'm super excited for GT for so many reasons!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Hi, I'm GalacticGal. I'm one of the 'older' players inasmuch as I'm a grandmother of eight. I have played the Sims since August of 2005, which was truly my very first gaming experience. Oh, I'd messed around with a pretty lame Star Trek PC game for a very short time. I wasn't too keen on having to go through a space battle just to get the puzzle aspects of each scenario. So, yeah, The Sims2 was the first PC game that really grabbed me. I loved it and was quite addicted to it. It was good to have such a thing to occupy my mind because starting in the Fall of 2003, I went through a 2 1/2 year period where I lost someone from my life about every six weeks to two months, starting with my Dad. It was really rough going, so no wonder if I lost a Sim I would ball my eyes out!

I made the transition to Sims3, lured by the new CAS and the Trait System and the Open World. I ended up having a love/hate relationship with that iteration. So, I was more than skeptical about Sims4. In fact, I totally ignored it once it was announced it was going to be an online game. Not for me. So, once they changed it back to what I believe a Sims game should only ever be, a one person game, I then started looking into it. I liked the innovative CAS offered, and the new build mode enticed me, too. I had my doubts about my Sims being 'smarter', with advanced AI, since I'd hear that ONE before. *cough*cough*Sims3* cough*.

But, I went ahead and pre-ordered it, since I liked more about what it was to be than what it was to be lacking. Although, once off of the fence, they suddenly pulled toddlers, which made me a tad anxious. I even talked it over with my grown daughter (the one who got me interested in the Sims to begin with) just the weekend prior to release. Should I cancel my pre-order? Was I making a huge and very expensive mistake? With her assurances, I went forward with the caveat, if, IF, the game didn't wow me I wouldn't spend another dime on it. Well, I liked, no I LOVED how lively the Sims were again. I had continued to play Sims3 for a little while in between, but then EA offered me (for free) the Sims2:UC. I had wanted to reinstall my Sims2 game, but my base game disk got badly damaged. So, I spent the rest of the summer playing Sims2, getting reacquainted with this old friend. In playing it, I was again reminded of how lively the Sims, themselves, were. Something sorely lacking in the Sims of Sims3, a real sticking point for me and part of my hate-fest with that iteration.

No matter. I now have everything Sims4, including a pre-order for Get Together, which I just purchased before coming to this thread. I look forward to what it has to offer, and I'm not giving up hope that one day, hopefully sooner rather than later, EA will return our darling little toddlers. Hey, I can dream, can't I? I think I'll just go ask Santa Claus … :p
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Hello I'm from the place where there is no such place as summer, Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.

I've been with The Sims since day 1, I wascoming up for 5 at the time it came out (15 years ago), and this ep is released a week after I'm 20 (It's my bday in 2 days, and I got my self a new laptop which turns into a laptop for my bday) my favourite Sims game was TS2, I love everything about it, I still play it now (especially when PEPS kick in, like they did a week ago I can't even play TS4)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    dsef wrote: »
    Hello I'm from the place where there is no such place as summer, Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.

I've been with The Sims since day 1, I wascoming up for 5 at the time it came out (15 years ago), and this ep is released a week after I'm 20 (It's my bday in 2 days, and I got my self a new laptop which turns into a laptop for my bday) my favourite Sims game was TS2, I love everything about it, I still play it now (especially when PEPS kick in, like they did a week ago I can't even play TS4)
    Well Happy Birthday to ya. Newcastle Upon Tyne hu, wow. You are almost to Scotland then

• Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

Well Happy Birthday to ya. Newcastle Upon Tyne hu, wow. You are almost to Scotland then

2 hour drive from Edinbrugh and thank you :)
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Hi, @Kbgirlee! I live in upstate New York, with my husband, 5 cats, a guinea pig and some fish. We're both retired, so I have time for the Sims. I started playing The Sims in 2007, then TS2, then the Sims Medieval, followed by TS3. I've loved all of them, but the Sims 4 is my favorite. It's a bit chilly now, but there's no snow, so we're happy!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Happy Birthday Newcastle!