Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims without Kids

peanutbuttapeanutbutta Posts: 7 New Member
We all know a crucial part of The Sims is....having kids, genetics, passing on inheritance, etc.

I'm curious how often do you have Sims who simply.......stay single their whole lives, or get married without having any kids?

Almost all my sims have kids except for gay and lesbian couples or the occasional hopeless romantic who usually sticks around and contributes financially to the household and/or helps raise the kids. But I'd never let a family or blood line die out.

Comments

• Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I also never let a blood-line die out. I usually stick my chosen sim on "long" lifespan and play out all their younger years solo. Then when they get towards the end of adulthood, I marry them off and have a kid. I don't like controlling a lot of sims at once @_@

Once upon a time, in the land of Sims 3, I did have an immortal sim who moved out after her toddler grew up. I mained her and watched her bloodline progress from afar. She never had any other kids and I played her well into 4 generations later. It was awesome! *_* I've yet to repeat that in the Sims 4, but I should! It was a ton of fun.
  • Options
    strawberrymarkstrawberrymark Posts: 199 Member
    I have 2 child free couples in my one save. Pretty fun to play them, plus less stressful because you only have to worry about two people.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I get so bored if my Sims don't have either a child or some pets to take care of and raise. Just two Sims? Just two? Why? Why...
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    I don't have kids in Sims 4 because they grow up to be teenagers who look like young adults anyways.
  • Options
    InsightCrazyInsightCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    I will sometimes get bored of a certain household (usually they only get up to the second gen) and eventually I watch them die out. I don't usually like playing a boring life so I try to add in some drama before I get to that point
    Origin: InsightCrazy
    Add me :)
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    Sims 4 is hopeless playing families. Babies tied to their cribs, no toddlers, and very boring children. I am back with Sims 3 for family play.
  • Options
    InsightCrazyInsightCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    Sims 4 is hopeless playing families. Babies tied to their cribs, no toddlers, and very boring children. I am back with Sims 3 for family play.

The sims 4 is pretty awful for family play
    Origin: InsightCrazy
    Add me :)
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Unless I am trying to get one of the aspirations that have to do with having children or grandchildren, my Sims are always single and childless. I play one Sim and try to do everything with them. TS4 does not really allow for this kind of play, so I don't play it very often any more. I went back to my single, childless Sim in TS3. ")
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    You know what thinking about it I have always had my sims have kids and continue a blood line!
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I used to find it hard to play households without kids. Just seemed like I was more of a legacy player so having no kids made it weird actually.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Play without having kids...I tried. I failed. Even in just random saves, I eventually need that family aspect!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I play a mix of families with kids and couples without kids and singles. Kind of like the way the real world is. It's always felt "right" to me, in this version of Sims as before. For a while recently I was playing singles-only, but I'm building a new-from-scratch save that's back to my more usual mix. It feels like it'll be a great way to experience everything Get Together will offer for all the different age groups and types of Sims!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Hmm...usually I'll have a sim get married. If not, they may stay single forever but they never die alone. I just create a new household. I usually don't play sims up to elder. I keep them young forever. Some I do keep single.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'll usually have my married Sims have at least one child, maybe two -- though in my current save my Sims had one, then the mom decided she didn't want to interrupt her Detective career for another child so I had her and her husband adopt a son. He's now one of my favorite Sims even though there's no genetic connection; he and his sister are living in the family home and raising his son from alien abduction.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    My current game has 13 households only 3 have kids. And one of those families was an accident cause they abducted my sim and he got pregnant and i felt bad for the baby so i couldn't send it to its homeland.

TS4 has pretty boring family play so i don't even play with the kids.

I work on my sims careers, skills, aspirations and social life.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    keenow wrote: »
    I also never let a blood-line die out. I usually stick my chosen sim on "long" lifespan and play out all their younger years solo. Then when they get towards the end of adulthood, I marry them off and have a kid. I don't like controlling a lot of sims at once @_@

Once upon a time, in the land of Sims 3, I did have an immortal sim who moved out after her toddler grew up. I mained her and watched her bloodline progress from afar. She never had any other kids and I played her well into 4 generations later. It was awesome! *_* I've yet to repeat that in the Sims 4, but I should! It was a ton of fun.

This is awesome! I have never tried this before in any sims game. I need to try now lol
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    My sims always have children. I can't help it! There is something incredibly sad about them dying and not having children (to me). So even my most anti-social sim always has a blood related heir, even if it's just one. A few times I have taken on a niece or nephew as the heir... and back in TS3 I did have an elder townie that I became very attached to. She wished for a child from the well and an evil well child named Tabitha rose up to greet her. The elder was kind and sunny and the child evil as evil can be, but they both somehow always got along and were actually good to one another. I really loved that family a lot, and miss that well dearly. rofl They had such a great dynamic... Good times!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I play with single room mates with no kids as well.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Never. Mine always have kids. I always vow to wait until they are full adults... but I never do. I can't help myself. lol
    Even in TS4, I've made all of mine have kids.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I usuaally have a married couple they work on their careers and have 1 to 5 kids depending if I want a big family.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I like to have a mix of families, singles, and couples that I rotate through. That way I don't ever feel stuck on what to do with them next. I just rotate to another household. :)
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I have a variety of households. Some are singles focused on something like gaming or gardening or just a career. Others have a few kids, some are just roommates and in a new one I have two elder townies that I liked and moved in together :)

As I usually start new saves often I tend to pick some of the sims from households that I like and play them differently in the new save. I have started exploring the retail system more with a sim that lives with her brother and his teen son. I do believe, now that I think about it, that my favourite sims do have kids at some point if i have aging on.
    Now I don't though so I just play the households any way I want and most don't get married or have kids, unless they get a whim for it, which hasn't happened yet in any of them :smile:

I think getting out of your comfort zone makes the game "bigger" in a sense as you focus on things you didn't before. One big reason I like TS3 more than TS2 is the fact that the world age together, wether I play them or not. But now in TS4 I find myself playing like TS2 more. Either aging off completely or on for active household only. :D I guess my gameplay might change again if we get new life stages added at some point :blush:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    My current game has 13 households only 3 have kids. And one of those families was an accident cause they abducted my sim and he got pregnant and i felt bad for the baby so i couldn't send it to its homeland.

TS4 has pretty boring family play so i don't even play with the kids.

I work on my sims careers, skills, aspirations and social life.

13 households! Wow! I usually just do one at a time.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    At least half of my households are single sims or couple without children. It depends on what I feel like doing with them.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I like to have a mix of families, singles, and couples that I rotate through. That way I don't ever feel stuck on what to do with them next. I just rotate to another household. :)

Exactly what I do! :smiley: