Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think the delay was worth it?

Do you think they've really added new things for this ep since they delayed it?

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited November 2015
    They probably aren't adding heaps more things, they just want this pack to be as fine-tuned and bug free as possible at launch.
    I doubt they are using this month to add more content.

These trailers were ready for October, and all that's missing is the don't wake the llama game. So I doubt they added THAT much. Maybe just some more dive animations etc.

They are most likely just polishing the game and making it run as good as it can. Rather than Get To Work needing a patch 2 weeks later because everyone was getting abducted and retail workers didn't work.
  • Options
    S1MSKA1S1MSKA1 Posts: 235 Member
    Idk but I'm kinda glad they did it because it gave me more time to sort my world and characters and prepare them for the EP.
    WE WANT KOI PONDS FOR THE SIMS 4!
    OMG KOI PONDS!!!!
  • Options
    Megadustrial_SimMegadustrial_Sim Posts: 180 Member
    Well I would hope they would be taking this time to fix the culling problem as that will significantly impact the way that clubs will work in the game.
    Check out my awesome house Zephyr's Edge -TODAY!

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's hard to say without knowing the differences between November GT and December GT, but I think when December rolls around (one month, yippie), I will be very happy.
  • Options
    MyBootsMyBoots Posts: 15 New Member
    EA probably won't tell us what they accomplished from the delay.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    I hope they fixed musical chairs.
  • Options
    ZanyismZanyism Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Megadustrial_Sim;14271038"]Well I would hope they would be taking this time to fix the culling problem as that will significantly impact the way that clubs will work in the game. [/quote]

^ This. I'm really looking forward to the new EP, however I totally hope there's a culling fix coming soon. Having a club might just be a waste of time when you're the only one left!
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    My guess is that they added more group activities, since most of the feedback was that there were not enough in the EP. Maybe that's why we didn't see the dartboard, don't wake up the llama or the arcade game in the first trailer. Hopefully there's even more interactive objects we haven't seen yet.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    My guess is that they added more group activities, since most of the feedback was that there were not enough in the EP. Maybe that's why we didn't see the dartboard, don't wake up the llama or the arcade game in the first trailer. Hopefully there's even more interactive objects we haven't seen yet.

Didn't they actually tell us those were additions related to the delay? That's what I recall.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Didn't they actually tell us those were additions related to the delay? That's what I recall.

Well if that s the case then it was good it got delayed.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member

"We’re taking this time to add more polish and depth into the core of The Sims 4 Get Together. We think this time will allow us to make the experience even bigger, better, and cooler. We’re working on some new items and features that we really think you’re going to love. There’s a new board game (Don’t Wake the Llama!) and the Natural Pool now has a diving rock for your Sims to jump off!"
    Source: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/get-together-release-date

Yup, that's it then. The new items are nice and all but just 3 new items wouldn't justify the 1 month delay. Hopefully there's even more :smiley:
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I don't think they'll add that much. I'm cynical and I think the game wasn't quite ready and that the culling adjustments are giving them a hard time. (I still think there will be a culling adjustment in the patch before the EP releases). That being said, delaying release is a GOOD thing, as no one wants to purchase a game and find it fraught with unpolished content. So while it's frustrating to wait another month, I am grateful that they had the stones to man up and say they needed extra time to meet community expectations.

A vampire or a werewolf would fit in perfectly with Windenburg. I wish a new life state was the "big surprise" lol but that has already been confirmed as a no. :sob:: ;) lol December will be an eventful month!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    SuperSimmerPalSuperSimmerPal Posts: 14 New Member
    Of course......sorta.My birthday is in Nov 30,so i felt bummed out! :( Some things they added (the arcade machine) made the game much more fun and entertaining,on the other hand,things like the dance skills don't make me run to the nearest Walmart or Best Buy yelling "SHUSH IT AND TAKE MAH MONEY!" because i feel we could have gotten it in the base game.Wonder what they're planning though ;)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

"We’re taking this time to add more polish and depth into the core of The Sims 4 Get Together. We think this time will allow us to make the experience even bigger, better, and cooler. We’re working on some new items and features that we really think you’re going to love. There’s a new board game (Don’t Wake the Llama!) and the Natural Pool now has a diving rock for your Sims to jump off!"
    Source: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/get-together-release-date

Yup, that's it then. The new items are nice and all but just 3 new items wouldn't justify the 1 month delay. Hopefully there's even more :smiley:

I'm hoping that part of the delay has to do with a culling fix -- that would make the delay worth it right there without any additional items.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Yes culling and maybe musical chairs fixed.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Yes culling and maybe musical chairs fixed.

If the delay is to fix these two then it is totally worth it. But we don't know why the delay. Maybe they wanted to fine tune the club mechanics or something.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,763 Member
    Right now I don't think it's worth it because I want to play now. After the 8th I'll probably (hopefully) be like like.. totally worth it.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I think they mostly delayed it due to Star Wars- EA doesn't want too much money competition, even if it is Star Wars and Maxis doesn't want it either. As well, Fall Out is out like right now. So two big titles that Maxis wants to die down at least a little before rolling out GT so that the initial numbers will look better. I for one am glad as I will get some time to dedicate to Star Wars before switching back to Sims for GT. As well, assuming anything they've shown was actually added after the fact as opposed to being there all alone then yes i think it was worth it.