Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Joined for Nothing

Comments

• Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I don't like how the forums is so split on The Sims 4. I know I keep bringing it up, but the reason I joined the forums was BECAUSE of The Sims 4. Now I can't talk to anyone about it, which makes me not want to be on the forums. It's so hard to find someone who remotely likes The Sims 4.

Chin up, SimFan. There are a lot of us that like The Sims 4. We just aren't as vocal as the ones who don't. It's the way the internet goes. Continue to seek out those who like it and gravitate to them. I love to chat in game, so feel free to add me and ring me up, if you see me on. I would love to chat anything Sims.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    And I think because of the lack of communication and the silence between Gurus and Simmers is where things get a little worse cause if there's silence that leaves room for loads of speculation and expectations and when the Gurus deliver something that was not up to par with those speculations/expectations then that's where the frustrations, the negative threads and the abandonment come in.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I like Sims 4 just fine, but I feel this forum is not the best place for that statement and I'm sure there's other people who feel the same. Personally, I get tired of being told I have bad taste, a low iq or mental problems for liking a video game so I don't post much anymore.

You can always go on tumblr, the community there is quite awesome, irregardless of what iteration one preferrs.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    And I think because of the lack of communication and the silence between Gurus and Simmers is where things get a little worse cause if there's silence that leaves room for loads of speculation and expectations and when the Gurus deliver something that was not up to par with those speculations/expectations then that's where the frustrations, the negative threads and the abandonment come in.

Yes, but I read an interesting comment from SGGraham in an older thread yesterday about what they can and can't talk about. He says he asks himself 3 questions on whether he can say anything or not:

1. Is it something that marketing is going to want to market in the future? Can't talk about it
    2. Is is something that has not been shown or is in development? Can't talk about it.
    3. Is it something that is done and been shown? Can talk about it and help clarify.

The thing is, is that most simmers want to know about what's coming or in development and not so much about what is already out there. They really don't have a lot they can talk about and no one really asks about things already out.

• Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    If you want to talk about TS4 with other people who love it, I'd recommend joining the tumblr community :)
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited October 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »

Yes, but I read an interesting comment from SGGraham in an older thread yesterday about what they can and can't talk about. He says he asks himself 3 questions on whether he can say anything or not:

1. Is it something that marketing is going to want to market in the future? Can't talk about it
    2. Is is something that has not been shown or is in development? Can't talk about it.
    3. Is it something that is done and been shown? Can talk about it and help clarify.

The thing is, is that most simmers want to know about what's coming or in development and not so much about what is already out there. They really don't have a lot they can talk about and no one really asks about things already out.

Right I forgot to put that in my last post. I forgot that Gurus are very limited in what they can and can't say which then starts the domino effect of the speculation, expectations, frustrations etc.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Welcome, I am here, and I like it so much I make CC for it (never done before with other sims).
    I don't like how the forums is so split on The Sims 4. I know I keep bringing it up, but the reason I joined the forums was BECAUSE of The Sims 4. Now I can't talk to anyone about it, which makes me not want to be on the forums. It's so hard to find someone who remotely likes The Sims 4.

Chin up, SimFan. There are a lot of us that like The Sims 4. We just aren't as vocal as the ones who don't. It's the way the internet goes. Continue to seek out those who like it and gravitate to them. I love to chat in game, so feel free to add me and ring me up, if you see me on. I would love to chat anything Sims.

Can I add you too? :) Love sims 4 too
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    I love The sims 4
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    I <3 The Sims 4
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

Right I forgot to put that in my last post. I forgot that Gurus are very limited in what they can and can't say which then starts the domino effect of the speculation, expectations, frustrations etc.

I find that speculating and dreaming is the fun part of it all. We all have wishes and wants for the game. Some are technically feasible, and some aren't. That's for them to figure out how they implement it all.

Personally, I like that they are doing things in different ways and that it's not all exactly the same as past series. I already have S1,2, and 3. I want 4 to be different too. I love the careers in GTW and I even appreciate the retail even though they don't line up at the cash register like S2. And I would love the ticket machine back and hope it makes it's return in a more service industry type of pack. But I also like that we are getting new and different approaches to old things. :)

• Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    There are positive threads if you look for them. Such as the happy play thread. As far as the negativity goes, it wont cease until we have toddlers, then it will mostly cease leaving just those who are sour on the game for other reasons.

I'm not buying anything from them until we get toddlers back. If we never do then I never will. Actually, i'd probably cave and buy the Pets expansion because pets are too adorable to miss but I can resist everything else. I haven't given up on the game totally but the more time that passes without toddlers the more I do.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    You joined to love the game and get dragged for it. I know because it happened to me too! *hugs*

But it's also they're fault they are short on money to keep active different Sims forums separately. Thankfully, Sims 3 still has its own website where simmers actively post stuff about their game.

No, it doesn't. It has a forum on *this* website. The Sims 3 website is read only. Nobody can post there. Get your facts straight. The only thing to do on the Sims 3 website is to buy things from the Sim Store.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I do enjoy the game. I don't find it perfect, but I've yet to find nirvana in life other than in small moments, so yeah. :) I find it easier to take a wait and see approach to game developments. I do tend to participate in threads that have a happy tone. I don't mind if folks express their discontent in threads that are about that, as long as they are civil, polite, and not endlessly repetitive. I reckon they need an outlet for their feelings as anyone does. I may express my displeasure if members come into the happy threads and kick my puppy. >:) But I've never felt personally attacked. :) As long as there are humans there will be different points of view.

So I invite you to join in wherever you feel a good vibe. We'd love to have you.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member

And so, everyone is supposed to change their posting style and be all happy-happy, joy-joy just to make you happy? If you choose to be unhappy, that is your choice. There are plenty of topics that you can post and participate in that are full of players that like the Sims 4.

You just need to stay away from the negative topics. You know which ones they are. Once you see one, don't click on it, and just click on a positive one. It's foolish to say you can't talk to anyone about it. There are plenty of people on here that you can have a pleasant conversation with about the Sims 4. And there will be plenty more after Christmas, because the disgruntled ones will have grown tired of coming here, or will only post in the other sections of this Community...like the Sims 3 section. There's no need to try to lay a guilt trip on people just because you don't like what you read. Find a topic that you like ...there are places like the Ideas Corner and the Creative Corner and even the Off Chat forums that you can find a happy home in...if you try hard enough.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member

I think I referred you to the Happy Play thread. Haven't seen you make any posts or comments or share your game play there.

Maybe because he is not happy? You can clearly tell if you read the thread starter's first message

I did read the original post. He says he isn't happy because he can't find any one who likes the game. Several people have made suggestions in this thread and his previous threads on where to find and interact with simmers who like the game. He can continue to start new threads expressing his discontent that there are players who aren't thrilled with the game or he can join in with those who are having fun with the game.
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    You joined to love the game and get dragged for it. I know because it happened to me too! *hugs*

But it's also they're fault they are short on money to keep active different Sims forums separately. Thankfully, Sims 3 still has its own website where simmers actively post stuff about their game.

No, it doesn't. It has a forum on *this* website. The Sims 3 website is read only. Nobody can post there. Get your facts straight. The only thing to do on the Sims 3 website is to buy things from the Sim Store.

I'm almost certain that's what she meant. :)
  • Options
    FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    edited October 2015
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

And so, everyone is supposed to change their posting style and be all happy-happy, joy-joy just to make you happy? If you choose to be unhappy, that is your choice. There are plenty of topics that you can post and participate in that are full of players that like the Sims 4.

You just need to stay away from the negative topics. You know which ones they are. Once you see one, don't click on it, and just click on a positive one. It's foolish to say you can't talk to anyone about it. There are plenty of people on here that you can have a pleasant conversation with about the Sims 4. And there will be plenty more after Christmas, because the disgruntled ones will have grown tired of coming here, or will only post in the other sections of this Community...like the Sims 3 section. There's no need to try to lay a guilt trip on people just because you don't like what you read. Find a topic that you like ...there are places like the Ideas Corner and the Creative Corner and even the Off Chat forums that you can find a happy home in...if you try hard enough.

Ofcourse not everyone is supposed to be all 'happy-happy'. Everyone is allowed to their own opinion, and to share their opinion, that's what forums are for! But what I do notice is that when someone posts something that they like about the game, there will immediately be reactions about toddlers, what the games lacks, etc. And ofcourse people are allowed to complain and share their dislikes, but there are already A LOT of topics on that, so it can be really disheartening when you try to make a positive thread for people who are excited about the game.

Quick offtopic question: I REALLY like the dog in your pic (dogperson), is it yours?
  • Options
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    I <3 The Sims 4

Me too. :) Gave you an awesome for both posts. :p
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I do see a lot of feedback threads come in the general section for some odd reason. Honestly I think the I like threads should be moved to feedback just as much as the I don't like threads are, but it isn't always the case. Both I view as feedback. I guess best advice is if you want people to agree with you about liking the game, post it in feedback because if you post it in general, there is going to be more of a discussion with it to keep it there both with positive and negative opinions and debates.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Why not make topics About the fun you're having in the game? Without putting down people, without putting down other games, and with a smile....

This isn't even about the game so Spread your Happy Joy of the Game. Do it in General if it fits- there is no reason to hide in any topic if fun and happiness is what you're actually sharing.

Exactly. I think OP just likes to stir ( something) because there are lots of threads and sections to have fun and share in enjoying the game. :)
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited October 2015
    Interesting, I've never thought of these forums as a negative place. Most players unhappy with the game express their opinions in a civilised and constructive manner most of the time. There's only a couple of trolls I can think of who spam the same mindless silly arguments over and over, so adorable.
    As others have suggested, check the Happy Play and Favorite Screenshots threads. There's lot of creative simmers sharing what's happening on their games and it's beautiful.
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    Can I have your st-- oh, wait... nevermind...
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    To those who say go to tumblr, I find that site very weird and creepy. People posting themselves nude, very weird fetish stuff, etc.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]