Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The new creature life state

Has there been any word on what the new playable creature will be in Get Together? Or if we'll get one at all? There has been a new life state in every EP since TS2 University, what do you think we'll be getting this time around?

Comments

• Options
    Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
    It's been confirmed that there is no new life state.
    Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

• Options
    MH92MH92 Posts: 12 New Member
    Wow, that's disappointing! Maybe in a gamepack then? Hmm
  • Options
    FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    There is something with the Loch Ness monster or something like that, right? Or was that also fake?
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    The sea monster is real just not interactable. Just a FX animation
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Vampyfan2 wrote: »
    It's been confirmed that there is no new life state.

Vampyfan states the truth. Sorry OP!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    It's possible they're going to try to add one since they delayed it thougj but I'm not getting my hopes up
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    It's possible they're going to try to add one since they delayed it thougj but I'm not getting my hopes up

They added a sea monster. That's it. And it's probably just gonna be FX
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited October 2015
    OP it is TOO EXPENSIVE to make creatures or life states for the game.
    One of the gurus was also surprised that we called it a tradition.

Her surprise indicates that many future packs will not have life states.
    If a life state cannot party properly then there is no use for it to be in this game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member

If a life state cannot party properly then there is no use for it to be in this game.

Bah Humbug. >:)
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member

I'd like to see receipts and not your opinions stated as facts.
  • Options
    TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    edited October 2015
    aclavo wrote: »

Um... this is a fact?

It has been confirmed that there is no life state and this statement was soon followed by a sim guru denying that life states are a tradition in the sims (translation, we can no longer expect life states to alway come in packs in the sims 4).
  • Options
    claudette84claudette84 Posts: 115 Member
    I think that's probably a mistake on EA's part. Many of us prefer alternative life states over the plain-jane sims. I'm also seeing a fair number of youtubers going back to TS2 to play witches. The Sim Supply just started a "Rags & Witches" series on his channel. If EA doesn't see life states as a tradition, then they've failed to recognize patterns in their own game.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    My problem with life states started with S3 and Supernatural. They took over the town so that they were not a rare thing. I like them, but I want them to be more rare in the game. They did the same thing with celebrities by making it easy to become one just by talking to one and impressing them.

It's also my opinion that Grimmy should not be out shopping and visiting bars in S4. He should be more rare too. But this is my opinion on it so I am somewhat glad they are not adding a lifestate with every new EP.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    My problem with life states started with S3 and Supernatural. They took over the town so that they were not a rare thing. I like them, but I want them to be more rare in the game. They did the same thing with celebrities by making it easy to become one just by talking to one and impressing them.

It's also my opinion that Grimmy should not be out shopping and visiting bars in S4. He should be more rare too. But this is my opinion on it so I am somewhat glad they are not adding a lifestate with every new EP.

While I do agree that TS3 made supernaturals more accessible (my guess is that some simmers found it too hard to obtain supernaturals in TS2) I feel like TS4 Aliens are very rare because it takes me a long time just to find a sim who's an Alien. I mean one of my sims was in love with his co-worker and when he proposed she was glowing pink because of being very flirty. I still think supernaturals should be rare just as they should be able to be created in CAS.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Floofje wrote: »
    There is something with the Loch Ness monster or something like that, right? Or was that also fake?

True bu its not playable
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Its true , he is not making it up. And guru did say that.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    The proof is in the pudding:
    35lvnuv.jpg
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Vlydia713Vlydia713 Posts: 159 Member
    Aw, that's sad. I like the Life States.. though I do also agree about the rareness and I also don't like seeing the Grim Reaper so often. It was cool the first time I saw him at a spa. But then I saw him at a bar and was like... "you're better than this". Considering that I saw him in the bar section of the spa, I'm beginning to think he has a drinking problem.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited October 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »

I really think supernaturals so far are disguised pretty well. Ghosts only appear if a sim dies which is usually only on purpose or old age, and to get the ghost playable without cheats is very hard.

Aliens are also alot better than at launch. Abductions typicially only happen if you take an interest in aliens (owning an observatory, space rocks, being a scientist, owning a portal, visiting Sixam, talking to aliens).

And most aliens are in disguise unless you interact with them such as visiting sixam etc.

Also Grim appearing in public places is pretty rare unless you're friends with him.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options

Then go & search for the receipts yourself
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

Um... this is a fact?

It has been confirmed that there is no life state and this statement was soon followed by a sim guru denying that life states are a tradition in the sims (translation, we can no longer expect life states to alway come in packs in the sims 4).

Thank you.
    The surprise from the guru exactly means that.

But some people just enjoy the denial more than the facts.

Another guru was surprised at base game lunch that we could not figure the teens from the adults. It was like "That is your problem to deal with"
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SaturnSublimeSaturnSublime Posts: 43 Member
    :( Aww! Don't be too disappointed, we may get a supernatural style xpac where we get a few life states. I wanted to make a vampire brood and a werewolf pack with the new clubs function, perhaps in the future.
  • Options
    clindstrom520clindstrom520 Posts: 81 Member

I have a serious question for you and really no snark at all with this: if you don't like TS4 so much, then why do you bother to post about it at all?? What's the point?
    ~Chihuahua Momma~
    Sims fan since day one with TS1!!!
  • Options
    NagaoNagao Posts: 49 Member

I have a serious question for you and really no snark at all with this: if you don't like TS4 so much, then why do you bother to post about it at all?? What's the point?

Because he's clearly let down by a watered down, empty and shallow "main" game that he probably purchased on false promise made by the developer? Because it has a step back in mostly every aspect?
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    edited October 2015
    Nagao wrote: »

Because he's clearly let down by a watered down, empty and shallow "main" game that he probably purchased on false promise made by the developer? Because it has a step back in mostly every aspect?

NVM.
    Post edited by Simulator4 on