Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those still playing TS3 did you play TS4?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    lemonpieelemonpiee Posts: 50 Member
    I tried the Sims 4, I thought I liked it at first but I didn't enjoy it as much as the Sims 3.
  • Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    I'm with @lemonpiee too. I tried TS4 but found myself going back to TS3 and remembered why i love it so much. I might get back into TS4 but not anytime soon. I'll probably wait until I get a better laptop to play it on, and for the EP's to go down in price :D
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    squareoff_zpse5239e08.jpg

"You're ALL fired!"

Bring in an all new staff that CAN bring back that Sims "magic" it once had! EA's current staff would kill off any chances for a decent Sims5! Keep Sims4 as is for an example of what NOT to do for the new programmers!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Peach77Peach77 Posts: 313 Member
    @5782341b77vl LOL! Let that evil Burns woman at them!

I never played Sims 4 because my computer is 5 years old and I don't think it will run. I never played Sims 1 or 2 either, and only started playing TS3 in March.

I have to say though, that I love having all the EPs and content already out there instead of having to wait for it. It's like finding a series that ran 10 seasons on Netflix and you get the instant gratification of not having to wait for the next episode but can binge watch them. I've probably spent more on TS3 this year than bras. I'm limiting myself to $40 a month so the stream of getting new stuff can be continuous but last longer.
  • Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    @Peach77 "probably spent more on TS3 this year than bras" - that totally got me, cause it's nice to know that i am not the only one who has spent a fortune on TS3 :D Since i purchased the base game in 2009, I have probably spent more than $1000 on all the EP's, SP's and store content. My fiance claims I'm addicted...no idea where he gets THAT idea from! B)
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    wickedjr89 wrote: »
    Honestly I mostly play TS2 but sometimes 3 and rarely 4. I have it and do want to get back into it, but I think I will always love 2, and even 3 with all it's lag and bugs, more than 4. All the constant updates (at least until 4 is over I assume) and no toddlers just...I love family play in TS2 and 3! In TS2 I may control many, many households but everyone always has at least 1 child, if not more, and in TS3 I only play 1 household at a time but in legacy style and go through the generations. TS4 is seriously lacking in that, at least for now. Don't know what EA's plans are for the future.

I love Sims in general, but I definitely have preferences.
    Well we now know The Sims franchise was handed over to the Mobile division. Which strongly implies that if TS5 should ever go gold, it will most likely be a mobile/smartphone based game. And will so resemble nothing of it predecessors. If that is EA's vision for The Sims, then this franchise is truly doomed...

I had not read that. When did this get announced? I guess from a purely business perspective EA has decided that future profits in desktop gaming is not in their plan. It looks like the "Golden Days" of The Sims is behind us. I am not surprised. My daughter is 24. She tells me that she rarely uses her laptop any more. She either uses her phone or her pad. She played The Sims casually when she was younger. But she is a Chemist now and desktop gaming just doesn't fit into her schedule. Looking at it as purely a business decision (and not from the perspective of a The Sims fan) I can kind of understand the decision.

I think it also puts what Rachel Franklin said when asked about TS5 in perspective. There probably is no TS5 (as any of us would hope for it) in the cards and all there is is TS4 until it no longer makes sense. In other words, as long as sufficient profit can be wrung from it.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    I played it for a bit I have the first 2 game packs, Get to Work and the first 2 stuff packs. I enjoyed the ease of building and being able to save rooms to the gallery but the lack of choice was a killer (and colour wheel) and eventually I have gone back to TS3. Part of it is lack of content which is unfair I know but I like having Pets and Seasons and the way they are going with TS4 I will probably be disappointed in the xpacs when they do release them. I have all the expacs for TS3 but there is a lot on the store that I am still to buy. Yesterday I finally got Sunlit Tides and all I can say is wow it's gorgeous so for me personally there is still a heap to look forward to in TS3.
  • Options
    Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Still playing TS3 and I've spent so much money at the Sims Store that I think I will feel guilty if I quit playing. But I've been wondering if I'm missing out...this thread helped me decide that I'm gonna stick with 3. Thanks!
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Peach77 wrote: »

I never played Sims 4 because my computer is 5 years old and I don't think it will run. I never played Sims 1 or 2 either, and only started playing TS3 in March.

LOL! How'd you know that was Sheila Burns? :) Anyway, it sounds like your computer graphics card would be out-dated to run Sims4... not that you're missing much. Many simmers here will say that Sims2 is the best Sims game in the series. I've played it but I think Sims3 has spoiled me. :tongue:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've still got tons to do with TS3 like run two more test sessions before getting my Mods back into the game and I'll have to play with the entire collection or use a game selector if I want to have sessions with just a few of them.I can play live mode after loading two more times without any crashing at any point.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Peach77 wrote: »

LOL! How'd you know that was Sheila Burns? :) Anyway, it sounds like your computer graphics card would be out-dated to run Sims4... not that you're missing much. Many simmers here will say that Sims2 is the best Sims game in the series. I've played it but I think Sims3 has spoiled me. :tongue:
    I think Sims 2 has some things right that are valued by many. I happen to value other things in the game though, that Sims 3 has and Sims 2 does not (which makes it a limited experience for me). Also I think Sims 2 has the power of nostalgia at its side.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Peach77Peach77 Posts: 313 Member
    @5782341b77vl - You talked about her recently on another thread and the avatars make it easy to connect the dots and remember who is who.

I've upgraded my RAM and my graphics card (which ended up also needing a PSU upgrade). At this point it's actually my MOBO preventing a processor upgrade that causes more limitations.

Luckily requirements in older games are usually less and if I get bored of TS3 I should be able to run TS2 ridiculously well.
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Yes, I'm sure the nostalgia factor plays big in our fond memories of TS2 but there are some things it really topped TS3 in. Mostly those were interactions between Sims (who could not love a good game of Red Hands? and that just scratches the surface there), cuteness of toddlers, and the whole attraction and romance systems were so much better than TS3. I mean for goodness sake, it shouldn't ought to take two hours of Sim time for a married couple just to be able to work up to a kiss (okay, that's probably a slight exaggeration), cars with doors that open, and for me the absolute cream of the whole game, only made better and better by every other expansion pack: OFB.

TS3 has plenty in its favor too, though. It definitely has a superior gardening system. I also like the way rewards and such work better. And there's the collecting. TS2 only barely brushed the surface with that being able to dig up buried treasure but I love the way it's fleshed out into a whole thing in TS3.

Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    JustAuriJustAuri Posts: 3 New Member
    I haven't tried Sims 4, I am sure I might some day. but I am still loving Sims 3.. why fix it if it isn't broke! (:
  • Options
    ShadowLabrysShadowLabrys Posts: 281 Member
    I play both and will always same with Sims 1 and 2 just cant get enough :D
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2015
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    Yes, I'm sure the nostalgia factor plays big in our fond memories of TS2 but there are some things it really topped TS3 in. Mostly those were interactions between Sims (who could not love a good game of Red Hands? and that just scratches the surface there), cuteness of toddlers, and the whole attraction and romance systems were so much better than TS3. I mean for goodness sake, it shouldn't ought to take two hours of Sim time for a married couple just to be able to work up to a kiss (okay, that's probably a slight exaggeration), cars with doors that open, and for me the absolute cream of the whole game, only made better and better by every other expansion pack: OFB.

TS3 has plenty in its favor too, though. It definitely has a superior gardening system. I also like the way rewards and such work better. And there's the collecting. TS2 only barely brushed the surface with that being able to dig up buried treasure but I love the way it's fleshed out into a whole thing in TS3.
    No, I have to disagree. Not that I don't believe Sims 2 topped Sims 3 in those departments for you, but definitely not for me. I prefer the more 'calm', 'cool' (realistic) sims in 3 myself. Sims 2 is very quirky, but for me a romantic scene in 3 just works better than the squeezing buts and giggling and tickling in 2. It's funny, but apparently I don't need the game to be funny. I can relate to my sims better when they act more realistic I guess. The toddlers don't look more cute to me than those in 3, baby's are way better, I give you that ;) I don't care for cardoors, I genuinely don't. I watched it twice and after that forgot about it. I do very very very much care my sims can drive through a landscape though. That, for me, is far more important. And I believe OFB was a great EP because it's loved by many, but all one can say about that is that they didn't do that EP for Sims 3. They don't have to copy EP's imo. When I visit a ruin with my Sims 2 sims I'm not complaining they can't explore them, that's a Sims 3 EP Sims 2 doesn't have (and absolute cream for me, it's my favourite S3 EP). I must add visiting the ruins on Twikii Island was a rather boring experience for me.

When I say Sims 2 has nostalgia on its side I'm kind of referring to people claiming the music was better for instance (it's not, just different) or that Sims 2 'has magic' and is 'a real Sims game' and Sims 3 doesn't and isn't. When people try to explain that magic though, it turns out to be exactly what I feel for Sims 3. So I can relate to the nostalgia, but just because a lot of people share this nostalgic feelings doesn't make it a better game. I started playing Sims 2 when I got the UC in 2014 and so for me the game came after Sims 3. Which means for me there's no magic or nostalgia, just a Sims game with limited CAS, no ability to visit neighbours, no CASt, no time continuing when you leave your lot, all things that make it less fun for me. And too much focus on need bars. I completely understand why people love it - and who knows I'd love it too, had I played it back in 2005-2009 - but the way it's being called the ultimate Sims game by some is exaggerated. It had flaws and shortcomings, just like Sims 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I played Sims 3 first and then played Sims 4. I like them both for what and they definitely have their own strong points. I have gone back to playing Sims 3 again after devoting a lot of time in Sims 4. I like the families that I have in S4 but I would prefer there were more options for "family play" in the game. So I will wait for that to happen. In the mean time, I will enjoy all that there is to offer in Sims 3 where there is plenty of family activities. There is simply more to do and more freedom to do it in the game.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've enjoyed playing live with the whole collection and will have to wait for showtime style stages and venues to appear in Deery Meadows because it's a small town and the population has to grow before I can do that.I can still use some parts of Showtime right away though like new skills and new objects.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    MoneeSeeNagaMoneeSeeNaga Posts: 9 New Member
    Still Play TS3. Ready to move on. Wanted to try TS4 w/o actually buying it yet because idk if I would regret buying it later, but the trial is only for PC sadly. Is TS4 worth getting? :worried:
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    Origin, or Steam, can't remember, had this ridiculous sale on sims 4 a few weeks after it launched, I think. So I got it just for the heck of it. I played for about 15 minutes and I haven't since. I didn't much care for the style, I had a really hard time building the house, (I grew up with Sims 1 when it came out, Sims 2, and Sims 3 and I have NEVER thought of building as hard or wonky) - but this felt like it was forcing intuity and just ended up doing all sorts of errors. Anyway, I got some random house down eventually and my sim went to collect stuff - cos that's that I like doing in sims 3 and one of the main reasons I don't play sims 2 anymore even if I love sims 2 to bits. When I come across a flower or a gem or a bug, etc, I gotta have it. But my sim coulnd't pick it up. I rolled right outta that game and didn't look back. Imo it was flawed from the get-go anyway so I didn't have much hopes for it.

My friends play a bit of it now and then, but they too feel too contricted. I guess if you love Sims 3 and Sims 2 for what it offers, it's hard to switch to Sims 4 if you're looking for the same in that game.
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Still Play TS3. Ready to move on. Wanted to try TS4 w/o actually buying it yet because idk if I would regret buying it later, but the trial is only for PC sadly. Is TS4 worth getting? :worried:

@MoneeSeeNaga read up in the Sims 4 section, read reviews and watch videos on YouTube. After that you might have more of an idea of whether you'd like it or not. There are a lot of people who do like it but if I was considering it I would definitely be waiting until it was on sale to take that risk.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Did you get bored of TS4 and come back?

Do you play both?

Do you prefer TS3 over TS4?

I tried the fre trial of sims 4.... in that time I got bored and frustrated...

so yea I prefre sims3 over sims4
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳