Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sixam

Ok simmers, can you give me brief info on Sixam please, how to get there, what to do there etc. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    By rocketship I think Your sim needs a bit of rocketship skill as well. I'm not 100% sure i still haven't seen it myself
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    fuzz2289fuzz2289 Posts: 204 Member
    @Orchid13 I haven't seen it either, it's my task this evening haha
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    fuzz2289 wrote: »
    @Orchid13 I haven't seen it either, it's my task this evening haha

Good luck :) i just made my first alien yesterday haha
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    There are two ways to get to Sixam.
    1. Build a rocketship and upgrade it to add a wormhole generator. You'll need level 10 in Rocket Science for the upgrade.
    2. Join the Scientist career, build a wormhole generator, and upgrade it. You'll need level 10 in the Scientist career to do the upgrade.

You can find more information on Sixam in the Get To Work forum (under The Sims 4 Expansion Packs), at Carl's Sims 4 Guide, or at many other Sims 4 websites.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,997 Member
    fuzz2289 wrote: »
    Ok simmers, can you give me brief info on Sixam please, how to get there, what to do there etc. Thanks

There are special geodes and plants you can collect there...
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    It's great for collecting stuff. I wish it would have let me fish there.
  • Options
    damong63damong63 Posts: 540 Member
    I have a sim at level 10 of the Rocket Science skill and there is no option to add the Wormhole Generator to his spaceship. Am I overlooking something?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    damong63 wrote: »
    I have a sim at level 10 of the Rocket Science skill and there is no option to add the Wormhole Generator to his spaceship. Am I overlooking something?

Have you done all the other upgrades? I think you might need a fully upgraded rocket, but not sure.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Once you're on Sixam, there's not much more to do than collect stuff and meet aliens. That's where you can use the free build mode cheat (bb.enablefreebuild) in order to edit the lot and do other things (in a technical sense, your Sim could even live there).

@Inna Minnit (let's hope the tagging system has been fixed) you can, after using the free build mode cheat, use the debug cheat (bb.showhiddenobjects) and type "pond" in to the search box on the left. That will display several ponds you can place there. I haven't tried this, but I think it should work - you won't be able to find any extraordinary fish though.

@damong63 Very silly question, you do have Get to Work installed? If you do, does your Sim have enough money (technically, in that case it should appear, but greyed out)? 1.000 simoleons should be enough. From what I've read, it isn't neccessary, but has your Sim installed all other rocket upgrades? - just trying to help you figure out what's going on.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Have you done all the other upgrades? I think you might need a fully upgraded rocket, but not sure.

Nope, i'm about halfway through the last upgrade - the Landing Computer.
  • Options
    @damong63 Very silly question, you do have Get to Work installed? If you do, does your Sim have enough money (technically, in that case it should appear, but greyed out)? 1.000 simoleons should be enough. From what I've read, it isn't neccessary, but has your Sim installed all other rocket upgrades? - just trying to help you figure out what's going on.

Yes, it is installed, and the family has about 100,000 simoleons. I'll finish the upgrades and see if that works, but I read somewhere that the upgrades weren't required.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I had my Sim reach level 12 of the Scientist career and build the wormhole. What is nice is that you can take the wormhole home with you then anyone else can also travel through the wormhole.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    damong63 wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Nope, i'm about halfway through the last upgrade - the Landing Computer.

That explains it, you can't start working on a new upgrade if the previous one isn't finished. You can only do one at a time.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    That explains it, you can't start working on a new upgrade if the previous one isn't finished. You can only do one at a time.

Right, but the problem is that I don't have the option (it doesn't show up when I click the rocket) to even do the wormhole upgrade. Or does it not appear until all the upgrades are done?
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Install Wormhole Generator should be one of the Upgrade choices unless you are working on another upgrade. The only choice you have while working on another upgrade is to Continue that upgrade. If you have GTW and the upgrade doesn't show up, then it's time to start checking for incompatible mods and similar problems.

NOTE: This applies to the Steampunk Flyamajig. I haven't built the Apollo Rocketship or the Retro Rocketship, so I can't be sure they are the same.
  • Options
    _THuNdeRs__THuNdeRs_ Posts: 1 New Member
    Im having the same issue but on the xbox one did anyone solve this. I am level 10 rocket science and have the get to work DLC but not option to instal wormhole on the rocket ship? Doesn't even show up when I click to view the upgrades
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    _THuNdeRs_ wrote: »
    Im having the same issue but on the xbox one did anyone solve this. I am level 10 rocket science and have the get to work DLC but not option to instal wormhole on the rocket ship? Doesn't even show up when I click to view the upgrades

And you have finished all the other rocket upgrades?