Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do I Start My Game

Hi, I've been away for a little while. Now I put my disk in, started up only to be prompted to log in to Origin. I'm logged in now and everything is updated and I clicked on my desktop icon again, but I still cannot start the game. Nothing happens. Why do I need to be online in Origin just to play the dumb game??? Anyway, could somebody please shed some light on this? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited October 2015
    After you sign into origin you can make it go offline. I'm not sure why you can't just login offline as normal. (Steam can do that, if it helps you understand what I mean. Obviously that doesn't help for the sims 4 though lol). Anyway though, just launch origin, right click the sims 4 (in the "my games" section) and launch it. After that you can even close origin and make the game be in offline mode.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    You can login to origin offline and launch your game from there. I had to restart game and log out of origin after i turned wifi off just to be sure. Theres free wifi in my building so always logged in. Oh and you dont need your disk for sims 4 ;)
  • Options
    Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    edited October 2015
    I don't know what is happening, but the game just will not start. Once I log in, it brings up the website to buy games.

I'm wondering if it is an EA thing b/c even my Sims 3 will not start. I just rebooted too so that's not an issue.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited October 2015
    Sonshine77 wrote: »
    I don't know what is happening, but the game just will not start. Once I log in, it brings up the website to buy games.

I'm wondering if it is an EA thing b/c even my Sims 3 will not start. I just rebooted too so that's not an issue.

When it brings up that page, have you tried selecting the my games tab and then clicking on your sims 4 game in your library and starting it from there?

3K0HOiZ.png

Just click on your sims 4 and that pop up will come up, yours should be bright orange play button, mine is less bright cause my game is allready running ;)
  • Options
    Yes, I found that tab an clicked on "play," but nothing happens. The blue circle just disappears.
  • Options
    Yes, I found that tab an clicked on "play," but nothing happens. The blue circle just disappears.

Is it possible for you to restart your computer and try the Origin way again. Perhaps the game is somehow running but not running I had that happen once, cause my little button was not bright orange but the game was deffinetly not running on my screen, so I restarted and then it worked.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Sonshine77 if that does not work, I suggest that you go to your first post and click on the edit button, you will see a tab catergories click on that down arrow by general discussion and change it to the sims 4 technical help. The clever computer people will help you in that thread rather than here in General discussions, they don't come here as often as at the technical help thread ;)
  • Options
    I tried that once and just tried it again and still the same story. When I click on "play," the blue circle spins for a couple of secs and then just quits Does it matter that I have an actual disk for the last exp pack that I bought? Even clicking on the desktop shortcut does nothing though.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited October 2015
    Hello
    Remove any cc/mods that you have in your game and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Right click the Origin icon on your desktop and run as administrator.

Turn off origin in -game and see if that helps
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/deactivate-origin-in-game/

If you still have issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.

• Options
    Ok, that was it. There is one or more mods that were interfering. Once I removed all of the mods, it fired up just fine. Now I have to find updates to the mods and *hopefully* find one that prevents emotional deaths. Thanks!
  • Options
    Me too! I'm not sure why I didn't think about the mods. : /
  • Options
    Me too! I'm not sure why I didn't think about the mods. : /

So glad its working, sorry I did not think about mods cause I don't use mods or cc, I will remember to ask next time. Happy simming :)