Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spooky Stuff Pack

ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
https://youtu.be/OiYxOKThDzE
Edit: If someone would like to help me post this video link so that the video shows up on here, that'd be great :P
Edit again: Nvm, got it :)

I'm disappointed. I mean, the stuff looks pretty cool, there sure seems to be a ton of stuff in it, but I was really hoping to get Halloween themed stuff for free like we did for Christmas last year... :/ Even the Sims 3 Store gave out Halloween decor for free. The only other time I would accept this stuff pack is if it were included with a Seasons expansion, but we all know that won't be out till many years later... if at all.
original.gif
Post edited by ianxzi on

Comments

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I think this looks pretty good. What I'd expect from a "stuff pack".
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    I think this might be my favorite one. I've always liked Halloween and from what I see this looks like a really good amount of content. I'm excited for this.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'll add I love what looks like kids stomping on the pumpkins! LOL I hope that's accurate.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited September 2015
    Looks fun but very limited. I agree it would have been better in a seasons ep.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    @suzanna13 This is a Stuff pack so you get new costumes, a new party type, new decor and two new gameplay objects for $10. You get what you pay for.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    It looks very cute, and I think I'd like using it with the mod that makes the neighborhood look like autumn by replacing the world's textures. But I'm not sure I'll buy it just yet though, idk.
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Thank you @Simfan923. I just realized the title of the thread gave me my answer and was editing. I would use it more with seasons though. As it is I would probably only use it once a year. At least it is out early enough to get more use for the season.
  • Options
    LoMaSums3LoMaSums3 Posts: 54 Member
    More partying, well that's stupid
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    LoMaSums3 wrote: »

I was just thinking about that. If anything, this just contributes to the Costume Parties that already exist in the base game, so it wouldn't need to add another party like it.
  • Options
    HappyGirlHappyGirl Posts: 36 Member
    I think the pack is cool, however I would have liked to see the possibility of actually becoming something spooky, i.e. a vampire or witch. That would probably be more likely in an expansion pack rather than a stuff pack though. Either way i'm just excited to have some more content and interactions! I'm a generational player and have been since the Sims 1 so my sims 4 game even with all packs bought has become pretty boring.
  • Options
    Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    jsn wrote: »
    It looks very cute, and I think I'd like using it with the mod that makes the neighborhood look like autumn by replacing the world's textures. But I'm not sure I'll buy it just yet though, idk.

Where do you get the MOD that makes the neighborhood look like autumn?
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I'll buy it. o:)

The Sims 4 is getting better and better. B)

It has already outsold the Sims 2 and the Sims 3, as well as being #3 most played on Origin. :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    jsn wrote: »

Where do you get the MOD that makes the neighborhood look like autumn?

http://dani-paradise.com/2015/06/15/autumn-in-the-sims-4/
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    LoMaSums3LoMaSums3 Posts: 54 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    LoMaSums3 wrote: »

I was just thinking about that. If anything, this just contributes to the Costume Parties that already exist in the base game, so it wouldn't need to add another party like it.

Well it stands on the sims webpage ( http://www.thesims.com/news/spooky-stuff-pack ) that the stuff pack will add a new party type. soo yay for partying!
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited September 2015
    It's just costumes. And we already have those, I can see how it could appeal to some people but for me, I'll pass.

Also, I'm very sad that our new premium content is just a jack-o-lantern. I was really hoping it would be a new lot type (cemetery).
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited September 2015
    I bet @catloverplayer has to be happy to see this news. :) He really wanted something to get released.

Edit: Not going to lie, that looks pretty darn adorable. Not sure how I feel about those "game play" objects though. I mean carving pumpkins is a must, but what does that bowl do? Just for a sim "jump scare" or? It seems like this is really only good for Halloween or maybe someone who loves/wants to play with The nightmare before Christmas characters and make a 'Halloween town" lol. (I wish we had caw... oh man...)

Would have been nice to see something like this in a Seasons expansion pack, but it's still pretty cool that people can enjoy the holiday so soon.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    blufaery83blufaery83 Posts: 121 Member
    Hopefully we will still get a big patch this month. I am not a fan of Halloween or anything spooky for that matter. Definitely won't be buying this one.
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    While this looks super cool and I love the fairy costume, a mini free update with a couple of halloween things, like the holiday update, would be quite lovely! :)
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    @Simfan923 Thank you!
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    blufaery83 wrote: »
    Hopefully we will still get a big patch this month. I am not a fan of Halloween or anything spooky for that matter. Definitely won't be buying this one.

I love Halloween, but not enough to pay $10 for decor and costumes (not like we already have enough or anything.) In this month's patch (if there even will be one), some fall-themed decor would be just enough for me.
    original.gif
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    Gotta admit this pack is cute. Devs did a terrific job it seems. o:) Giving credit where it's due.
  • Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    Oh joy another party. I'm so sick of parties that are extremely limited in what you can do. I wish parties didn't have the list of things we have to do.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited September 2015
    dg51829 wrote: »
    Oh joy another party. I'm so sick of parties that are extremely limited in what you can do. I wish parties didn't have the list of things we have to do.

I don't use parties, so I'm not a fan either in that sense. However, you've always been able to disable party objectives by unchecking "Host prestigious event" (I believe that's what it says). Unfortunately without the goals you are not able to gain any "rewards", you just have a timer.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.