Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 packs or packages?

KyraiskoolKyraiskool Posts: 40 Member
Hello once again my dumb computer wants to give me problems but this time I'm seriously considering throwing it out the window. Ok so I have recently installed about 800 items to my collection of packages and I was ready to make eight sims for my tsr profile I get on and it loads in like three minutes. same as always. i go to make a new world it only takes 1 MIN. my reaction: HOW DOES IT LOAD FASTER THAN WHEN I HAD LESS CONTENT?!?! (my usual speed is about 3-5 mins). I just thought "maybe i installed a mod to help with the game speed" Ok i'm on create a sim and I was gonna pick a saved sim that i was change a bit and when I pick the sim she has default hair...WTH? ok no biggie i must have forgot to put that file back. Once i start creating my sim i am missing sooo much stuff and im pretty sure this is not 1000 items. Ok so when i'm starting on the sims makeup. WHERE ARE THEY? I have a few but i'm positive i had wayy more to chose from than that. So I brushed it off again and went to clothing WHERE IS EVERYTHING? Most of it is base game content and some painted on clothes that literly paints everything on her other than her face and her hair (I would put a picture but I'm still a new member) probably caused by me not getting rid of all the conflicts just the one that was causing my game to crash so at this point i was wondering "maybe i should turn all my cc into sims 3 packs since my laptop doesnt seem to be able handle all these packages". Will this help or am i gonna have to remove all the conflicts thx and have a great day

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2015
    It sounds to me like you have some acquired "bad" CC. When one or more packages refuse to load, they can prevent everything else that would have loaded later in the sequence from doing so properly. I don't see how converting what could still include "bad" CC to sims3packs would help.

There is no really efficient way to troubleshoot over 800 package file additions all at once. Though you could give Delphy's Dashboard a try to see if it picks up anything troubling in there. You might have some that are corrupt or even some TS2 content that snuck in and is goofing everything up.
    http://modthesims.info/d/387006

After doing that, I would remove all packages, clear the game folder's 4-5 cache files (I assume you cleared caches when you added everything, right?) and confirm that the game loads and runs properly with nothing added. Then I would start putting things back in much smaller batches, perhaps 50 at a time, clearing caches and checking each time to make sure the added content is showing up and the game is behaving as it should.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've avoided the trouble you're having by not installing everything at once and only installing a few things at a time with testing each time I install something.I've got tons of package files in and all of them show up at some point in the game.I install smaller batches of files and clear caches files before loading to test each batch I installed to make sure it's working and I watch out for TS2 content sneaking in.I put TS2 downloads into a TS2 downloads folder so it won't get mixed up with Sims 3 files.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @igazor

Thx but will any of the sims that wear it put the cc back on or will I have to do that myself
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @TadOlson

Yea i should have now im honestly scared to since i have so many sims that use cc and i would have to redo their outfits but this is what happens when i don't do research before hand lol
  • Options
    Renamed1712212219Renamed1712212219 Posts: 19 New Member
    I always convert them to Packages. Easier and more organized that way.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @igazor

Thx but will any of the sims that wear it put the cc back on or will I have to do that myself
    Depends on where exactly things were on the saves you are trying to load and whether the game recognizes the reinstalled CC as the same items they were from before. Sorry to sound a little unsympathetic, but having to re-outfit your sims even if you have hundreds of them with entirely different and CASted custom wardrobes isn't much of a price to pay to get your game working the way you want it to again.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @igazor

lol thats true but it turns out the main reason i didnt have all my cc is disabled files and me not installing the sims 3 packs why am i such a noob i dont have 800 files i have 400 files