Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CrescentMoonPye's Creative Evolutions ***** Dog Leg Park; Afghan Hound; Puzzlewit Manor *****

CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
edited September 2015 in The Sims 3 Builders
Hi everybody! Just thought I'd show you my new bark-covered play fortress hidden in the trees.

original.jpg

"Even Robinson Crusoe would be envious of this tree fort! Whether being terrorized by angry apes, attacked by villainous mutineers, chased by hungry cannibals, or just mercilessly pestered by younger siblings - sim children will find a safe retreat in the trees, a fortress they can defend as their very own. (Superimpose a Black Gum Tree over it, and it's almost hidden!) Best of all, parents can't nag them to clean it up since it's completely covered in tree bark. It looks better dirty anyway!"

:mrgreen:
My sim kids just love it because it's faux-textured to look like a tree - thereby making it a naturally superior tree fort.
Even the sim Squirrels are fooled (which annoys them when they try to hide treenuts in it - but what can you do? No one speaks sim squirrel to explain it to them)!

A definite Plus: sim parents & neighbors are pleased because it blends in with the landscaping. Everybody wins.

You win too, because it's free and here it is:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1417551

edit 1&2: pix added & sized
Post edited by CrescentMoonPye on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm repurposing this old post to use as my creative page since, after 6 days of waiting, EA still hasn't responded to my Creative Corner submission.

There are more ways than one to skin a Mummy bear!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DOG LEG PARK
    roof_up_original.jpg<---click me

It is tempting to take Sim's best friend with you when playing the front nine, but rest assured that the country club members won't be pleased with you when they see he has "fore" legs. Leave your pet here at Dog Leg Park while you swing for that elusive birdie - he'll have a great time digging his own Holes-in-One and he won't get scolded for it. Place this Park next to the country club to save golf cart batteries when you go to pick him up after your game.

GAME TIP: If your simpup shoots the park's golfdogball with a bit of a right-hand slice i]because it's a dog leg to the right - get it[/i]? o:) ], he may just avoid the raked sand trap and get the ball into the hole that he dug 15 minutes ago. That would allow him to watch a birdie [[i]birdie not included since I didn't put a spawner in[/i, placing his overall score under par under that rock he's been saving just for this occasion.

Of course, it depends on whether or not his previous shot had a good lie in the grass i]a good lie for a simpup is the position of the dogball relative to how easy or how difficult it is to play... with[/i; and whether or not he has already chewed his scorecard and buried it somewhere.

Even if his game didn't go well, he can still hit the pool to get the trap sand out from between his toes. Taking a nap on the couch in the strongly-scented, air-conditioned restroom is another pleasant option. Every simpup likes to rest up for the next hole (that needs to be dug) by sitting on a bench for a minute or two.

If he's feeling aggressive because other dogs have no Course etiquette and won't let him play-chase through, there's always the sprinkler-head near the practice green that could use a good lesson in what it feels like to be chewed upon.

Or, if he's feeling regressive, he can try begging a vending machine treat off of one of the park's visitors. The Big Sim In The Sky wouldn't have given dogs such expressive eyebrows if they weren't expected to use them to wa'n'gle sim food from people at every opportunity.
    A simpup MUST practice if he's to get good at it and Dog Leg Park is the perfect venue to help him improve his skills in the manipulate-The-Masters game.

It is good to be a dog at this park!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    You look cold, maybe you can use this Afghan... hound that is. This Afghan Hound wants to climb up on your sim's lap to keep him/her warm. She knows she can't do that because she's too big, but she wants to cuddle anyway.

original.jpg <-- click me

The Sage tazi (Tazi for short), a.k.a. desert coursing Afghan Hound, is one of the oldest dog breeds in existence. The registered purebreds of today began as a group of hounds first brought to Scotland from Baluchistan by Major and Mrs. Bell-Murray and Miss Jean Manson in 1920, and are called the Bell-Murray strain.

Sagetazi%20-%207.jpg?
    Sagetazi%20-%203.jpg
    08272015-31.jpg?361
    Sagetazi%20-%206.jpg?684
    08272015-1.jpg?621
    Sagetazi%20-%204.jpg?986
    Sagetazi%20-%205.jpg?724

220px-Hundas%C3%BDning_2009_053.jpg
    The breed became very popular as a pet during the Jazz age in English-speaking countries and often took Best-In-Show in dog shows around the world. But just because the breed has an ancient history doesn't mean it's stodgy. The Afghan Hound was the first dog to ever be successfully cloned in real life so it will suit futuristic sims as well as those history types.

I hope you enjoy having this wonderful pure-bred pup in your Neighborhood.

MUSICAL INTERLUDE

{To the tune of: Dean Martin - I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles}

Sagetazi%20-%202.jpg?553 <-- click me

I'm forever making puppies
    Pretty puppies for the game
    They run so free, always have to pee
    Then like my dreams they're reset by me

Collect'bles are hiding
    Pups've dug everywhere

I'm f-f-forever m-m-making puppies
    They r-r-run so free, always have to pee
    Then like my d-d-dreams they're reset by m-m-me

Collect'bles are hiding
    Pups've dug everywhere
    I'm f-f-forever m-m-making puppies

Pretty puppies, no more glitchies
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    anniversary-6.png I'm celebrating my own simming anniversary by recycling my oldest creation!!!! Woooooooooooooooo!

headshot_original.jpg<--- click me
    ^
    Martin Puzzlewit was the first TS3 sim I created and he is an homage to M.C. Escher and tesselation creators everywhere. But why stop there...
    Why not use a CAS time machine and make him into a vibrant young man again; and build him a tesselated houndstooth-shaped house to live in? So I did.
    And get him a profession tesselating other sims' homes. So I did...

PUZZLEWIT MANOR

roof_up_original.jpg<--- click me

Wouldn't want Martin to get lonely - so the Puzzlewit home is filled with a living tesselation of personalities fitted perfectly in a state of mutual support and generosity. Or, at least, that's what they tell the social worker if she shows up.
    Martin and his wife are fostering 4 of my favorite sims to adulthood - YUP, there's me simself and Gerry again! And Marty and Ben. But you can kick them out anytime because they don't hold grudges against simmers.
    lht_original.jpg<that's Lizzy Tudor, the Scottish Terrier

SEE!! This is what happens when you read Charles Di'c'kens and play The Sims and study art history all at the same time.
    going to add pictures when I get them uploaded/copied/out of Photobucket
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Here's some pics of Puzzlewit Manor:
    (please pardon the grid lines, it was nighttime in my game and I was too impatient to wait for the sun)

Screenshot-11.jpg?t=1441600660?784
    Screenshot-15.jpg?t=1441600660?150
    Screenshot-26.jpg?t=1441600660?265
    Screenshot-27.jpg?t=1441600660?504
    Screenshot-19.jpg?t=1441602506?526
    Screenshot-18_1.jpg?t=1441602506?581
    Screenshot_1.jpg?t=1441602506?527
    Screenshot-17.jpg?t=1441600660?384
    Screenshot-14.jpg?t=1441600660?424

I suppose the lot must have been play-tested already since Martin and his household are the ones that built the house from the ground up with their measly simoleons. :/ :P Can't you tell from all the clutter? Oh, wait, you haven't met Martin yet - well, he's a very cluttery designer. I suspect it comes from having a creative mind, which experts say are often very full of clutter. Maybe it's from working with puzzle pieces all day.
    Eclectic! That's what the house is, eclectic inside and out!! Or is it eccentric? Martin gets those concepts confused all the time.

I'm fond of the puzzle pond, but Cressie-simself complained that it was too small to skate on in the Winter. I don't know about that since I'm not a sim and haven't tried it myself.
    Someone 'play-tested' that planter by the front door with I-don't-know-what-or-when and when Martin finds out who did it, they're grounded!

And the lot won't have any CC because I don't have any that I know of in my game i] I never intentionally loaded any ever[/i and I don't think Martin would think to look on his own for any to put on his property.
    Not sure about that kid of his finding any or the dogs digging any up... no, I'm pretty sure they couldn't figure out how to find CC either.
    It's CC-free. Like all my stuff. Always. For 6 years, apparently. I never had CC in The Sims 2 either :/:)
    That's because I'm CC-free, Baby!!! Woooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    CRESSIE!!!

(Pounce-tackle-hug!)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Taryn!!! ^.^ *birthday-cake-in-your-hair noogie*
    Let's go play in the sprinkler!!

Or go for a ride in our birthday suit
    Screenshot-49.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    From the Join the Party Showcase thread discussion:

Thank you ~GreenCats, ~soocoolsim! (It's making me utterly insane that I can't figure out how to put furry legs on my Afghan. I have tried everything EA has to offer but to no avail. :( I refuse to give up, there has to be a way! I'm going to beat your pet shapes, EA)
    GreenCats wrote:
    ... You need a spare level above to do the beams, so it won't be possible if you are already in the top buildable level. What shell will you be using when you rebuild?
    OK, that makes sense! I had a feeling that would be the case because of the way you described the beaming process. It was looking a little daunting anyway, so many of those beams! LOL
    I know I went about the shell conversion process the wrong way the first time I tried it. After I had already started modifying the shell that was pre-planted in Bridgeport, I read a discussion that said there was an identical looking shell in the Community lot Library that was more conducive to modification. The building shell was the 4-5 floor Brown brick (name?), don't know if you can tell which one from this pic:
    04112012-21.jpg
    I'd like to use the right shell this time. O.o
    GreenCats wrote:
    ...won't be able to see [beams] during normal gameplay...but then most people can't see the ceiling during normal gameplay either, and that doesn't mean it's not worth decorating.)
    I agree! No detail is too obscure in my world - I believe in Couture Building where 'inside seams' should get the same attention as the visible ones (I always recolor the inside of foundations, put in pea gravel foundation flooring, plywood on encased fireplace interior walls/floors, etc.)
    GreenCats wrote:
    I'm actually not sure if you can even use cfe inside the shells, as the walls kind of cling to the shell; I'd have to check.
    That is a very good point. I remember I did a lot of wall moving, window replacement, and modified the outside to make a deck, but I don't think I tried to mess with cfe levels. I had a lot of ceiling graphic issues (I think because of window replacement, I was never really sure the cause but DNA Build Team members gave me some tips to try to fix it. Then my save went bad and I lost the whole thing, lol. I have build pics to remember it by).
    Re:Lighting/graphics
    Yes, ~GC, it seems very complicated now that you list the graphic variations. :P I have noticed that your pictures appear very sharp and clear to me compared to my pics, just slightly different. I don't know that one simmer's pics are any better than another's, just different. :D
    Diversity is a nice thing, yes?!
    GreenCats wrote: »
    ...I don't recognize the shell from your picture, but the build looks lovely! It has an old Hollywood glamour thing going on, with the dramatic columns and big palm plants. So pretty :)
    I can't get my game to open again (the 97% load freezeup issue) or I would go in and find the name of the EA shell. The lot I was replicating was Gerry Butler's RL loft in Chelsea NY which had an old world Tuscany thing going and youre right it had a flavor of old glamour about it. I really loved this lot, I had all the stacked chandeliers built to a tee, and am daunted at the thought of having to redo it all. But I worked out what NOT to do the first time, so maybe it will be easier to rebuild with the partial lot I had saved in my Library.
    *sigh* Cain't do a thing, if you ain't got that 'game that will let you in', do whaaa, do waa, do wa
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    I really loved this lot, I had all the stacked chandeliers built to a tee, and am daunted at the thought of having to redo it all. But I worked out what NOT to do the first time, so maybe it will be easier to rebuild with the partial lot I had saved in my Library.
    *sigh* Cain't do a thing, if you ain't got that 'game that will let you in', do whaaa, do waa, do wa

Really great to see some closer pictures of your lovely build. I particularly like the kitchen, and you're right about those chandeliers!

I'm so sorry you lost it, but yes, I'm sure it will be easier to build the next time, now you've done all the leg work figuring out how to do things xx

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    GreenCats wrote: »
    Really great to see some closer pictures of your lovely build. I particularly like the kitchen, and you're right about those chandeliers!
    I'm so sorry you lost it, but yes, I'm sure it will be easier to build the next time, now you've done all the leg work figuring out how to do things xx
    You like close huh?! OK, how's this then?IllseeyouagainBen.jpg?634
    Heehee! Too close? OK, I'll back up a bit...

~GC, Joy of joys, my game let me in finally and I was able to find the name of the Bridgeport shell. It's called "The Gentry" and it was placed by EA near the edge of the industrial section of the city (near dive bar area). Wait. Come to think of it, I probably relocated it there because it looked like it could have been a gentrified factory. Now I'm not sure where EA had it. hmmm

I also found my Library file that had the household saved up to this point:
    my pics temporarily missing --> I wish to add from Photobucket the pics I took but my media player isn't interpreting them on the Photobucket site and I don't trust the pop-up company that's offering an update. I do wish I understood this stuff enough to know which update to trust/how to get an official update for whatever the player is.

They are good pics too - I'll post them when I can figure out how to get to them :/

Now I really want to rebuild this lot now that I've seen it again. All the lobby and common areas have survived and the apartments outside deck, so I'd only have to rebuild the interior walls and redecorate from my old pics. Plus, I have a lot more Store items now than I did back then, so I might be able to improve on my replications. Wooooo!

Feed the city pigeons while I work on the problems I'm having
    th?id=JN.xX4VYV1Y%2bbNq2Zdi2VKIyg&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300
    annoying Photobucket!!! :#

• Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    ...You like close huh?! OK, how's this then?IllseeyouagainBen.jpg?634
    Heehee! Too close? OK, I'll back up a bit...

Awesome! I love it <3

I wish you to get rid of all your troubles with game.

• Options
    Thankee, ~chealsycat :D
    Methinks my computer's memory is stuffed full and/or hasn't enough space to run around freely like it wants, so it protests. :P Or it's just the game's programming being hinky.
    I clean it out occasionally, but I don't like cleaning so I have to be in the mood.
    It's a crepeshoot [sic to avoid plums] getting the game to open up, but I keep trying anyway. You just never know. LOL