The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 or NOTHING?

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
edited September 2015 in Off Topic Chat
Would you rather have The Sims 5 or prefer The Sims 4 be the end of the franchise as you lost hope for future installments?

GO COMMENT NOW!!! ヾ(-■_■)ノ

ME:

I would wanna see how will The Sims 5 will go, I still have some hope and just go by the excuse that Maxis worked so much & took a lot of time on Olympus (The Sims 4 Online) that they didn't have enough time for The Sims 4! Who knows what The Sims 5 could be that is if there is one ^_^
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If they can take the CAS and Build modes of Sims 4, fine tune the emotions so the Sims are more reactive to negative events (more jealousy when cheated on, more grief when someone dies, etc.), add in a modified CASt (don't really need all the patterns, but either some color standardization between items or a color wheel), then bring back some of the "charm" of Sims 2 (kids running in with good report cards, getting tucked in at night, etc.), that could be just about perfect.

I don't need an open world and I'm even okay with the flat world because routing issues are pretty much minimized; I spent most of my time just watching my Sims riding in a taxi to a remote spot, then running up the hill to their destination only to have to turn around and leave because they were hungry or tired or had to pee. The worlds in Sims 3 were beautiful but the Sims themselves were wooden; it's called The Sims, not The Sims Worlds. I know some players hate the cartoonish style of Sims 4 but I enjoy it -- it fits the "weirder stories" narrative, and the bodies and faces are far more expressive. The one change I would make is to have Sims face each other more when they're conversing -- way too many times I see my Sims actually talking to someone over their shoulder, and that kind of rubs me the wrong way.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    If they can take the CAS and Build modes of Sims 4, fine tune the emotions so the Sims are more reactive to negative events (more jealousy when cheated on, more grief when someone dies, etc.), add in a modified CASt (don't really need all the patterns, but either some color standardization between items or a color wheel), then bring back some of the "charm" of Sims 2 (kids running in with good report cards, getting tucked in at night, etc.), that could be just about perfect.

I don't need an open world and I'm even okay with the flat world because routing issues are pretty much minimized; I spent most of my time just watching my Sims riding in a taxi to a remote spot, then running up the hill to their destination only to have to turn around and leave because they were hungry or tired or had to pee. The worlds in Sims 3 were beautiful but the Sims themselves were wooden; it's called The Sims, not The Sims Worlds. I know some players hate the cartoonish style of Sims 4 but I enjoy it -- it fits the "weirder stories" narrative, and the bodies and faces are far more expressive. The one change I would make is to have Sims face each other more when they're conversing -- way too many times I see my Sims actually talking to someone over their shoulder, and that kind of rubs me the wrong way.

So would you like a The Sims 5 or no? :p

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    if the sims 5 is just going to be more of the sims 4 with more awful... then nothing. let it die.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I'd rather play sims 4.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I'd rather play sims 4.

Yeah, okay but would you rather see a The Sims 5 or want the series to end on 4?

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

I'd like a Sims 5 -- give them a chance to correct their errors from Sims 4 (mainly regarding leaving out The Age Group That Shall Not Be Named). What I listed would just make it even better. B)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    if the sims 5 is just going to be more of the sims 4 with more awful... then nothing. let it die.

NO ONE KNOWS, that is the point of the thread ---> would you rather give Maxis some more hope or want the series just to end?

Of course we would want a The Sims 5 if it is better it is a no brain question! But the real question is DO YOU HAVE HOPE FOR MAXIS?

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Yeah, okay but would you rather see a The Sims 5 or want the series to end on 4?

Oh. No, I don't want the series to end.
  • Options
    Why is no one understanding the topic itself? :tired_face:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

I'd like a Sims 5 -- give them a chance to correct their errors from Sims 4 (mainly regarding leaving out The Age Group That Shall Not Be Named). What I listed would just make it even better. B)

^ That is the type answer I am hoping for! If you have hope or NAW! :smiley:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

Oh. No, I don't want the series to end.

Great to hear that you have some hope for Maxis! :)

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    I want a Sims 5, after a really healthy, full-length Sims 4 run. I want that for me (if I happen to also like it and am still into this kind of thing) and I want it even more for people who are giving Sims 4 a pass.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    A The Sims competitor. But to stay on topic, I'll say The Sims 5 but ONLY if EA takes our feedback and unmet needs into actual consideration when researching for and developing the game.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    Of coarse I want Sims 5 and if its empty like Sims 4 with missing life stages and other base game content I wont bother but if its done right I will have it the first day it out. Do I have hope in Maxis? I would say a little otherwise I would not be here right now.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,805 Member

This so much this!! I would love for them to fix the errors in TS4 before moving on to TS5 :) but yes I would love for the series to continue.
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    edited September 2015
    Meh... you can't do that to me. I want it All! :mrgreen:

I'll wait for something while doing other things. :munches cookies:
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    If Sims 5 has the best of the series from 1, 2 and 3 (especially open world and create-a-style, the ability to edit my towns, CAW and everything else, including toddlers they left out of 4) I would buy it in a heartbeat! I really hope they do it right in 5.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'd be willing to give TS5 a chance the same way I gave one to TS4, but I'd be more eager about it if I knew certain EA persons were not allowed to oversee or even touch the project.

If a new team of devs come on and TS4 improves, then I will hope that those are the devs that lead the TS5 project. I'd be a bit more concerned if any of the current devs led the project (perhaps with the exception of SimGuruGraham).

Frankly, I think all the TS3 devs who worked on TS4 should be phased off into other non-sim related EA projects. Maybe a fresh team of developers could look through all of the iterations play them, read the general feedback, and then start to work (with new passion and motivation) on TS5. I think the main issue with TS3 and TS4 is that the devs take shortcuts and lower the game play quality and, more importantly, they don't fix mistakes.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member

NO ONE KNOWS, that is the point of the thread ---> would you rather give Maxis some more hope or want the series just to end?

Of course we would want a The Sims 5 if it is better it is a no brain question! But the real question is DO YOU HAVE HOPE FOR MAXIS?

i must refer you to homer simpson for my no brain answer...

0a76073d9e831cac883e3595013f7bac.jpg
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I'd rather have no more of these pointless posts. The Sims 5 is four years away, at least. Accept it and go play something else.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    I'd rather have no more of these pointless posts. The Sims 5 is four years away, at least. Accept it and go play something else.

But... but... how would anyone be able to read your insightful replies if that were the case?! You know that is all these posts are here for, yes? All of us, just waiting with baited breath for your thoughtful comments that contribute so much to our discourse :joy:
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited September 2015
    I want EA and Maxis to focus on making The Sims 4 better and then being able to learn from their mistakes when (or if) they decide to make The Sims 5. There's no point on looking forward to a Sims 5 if Sims 4 isn't successful. Let's focus on improving the broken game we already have before we have EA make another one...

I would love to see Sims 5 be made, but only if it's an actual improvement from Sims 3 (like Sims 4 SHOULD have been). If not, then Sims 3 will forever be the game I love!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    AkiraAnubiseAkiraAnubise Posts: 240 Member
    I want them to fix sims 4, and not worry about Sims 5. I hate CASt and open world so i could careless if its in the sims 4. frankly sim 5 is years away, so it is pointless to worry about five right now. Besides i am sure they said if Sims 4 does not do well there will never be a Sims 5
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited September 2015
    As of right now, nothing. With the route they're taking with EPs and SPs, it's strictly for a single-sim experience, not any others. I can't imagine TS5 being any different.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2015
    Double post. Woops.