Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Layer of clothes

Hello :)

You can put boots over jeans, and hats over your style of hair. Can you not put a jacket over a top please?
Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I've been wanting this as well. :) There are so many cute shirts I think: " a blazer over that would be fab."
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited September 2015
    I would welcome this ability, too. I would truly love to dress my Sims, according to who they are, and sometimes, there isn't always the desired combination available, however. It would require my ability to layer, as I pleased.

ETA: Fixed the typo . with a , and made the 'T' in there a 't'. Yes, I'm constantly editing. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    This would be great once seasons come. Wouldn't necessarily need to change the existing outfits, but with seasons in mind, they should create outwear (coats, jackets etc) to go on top of the "main" outfit the sim is currently wearing.
  • Options
    WrwurWrwur Posts: 321 Member
    That would be a great!
    Slawfish wrote: »
    This would be great once seasons come. Wouldn't necessarily need to change the existing outfits, but with seasons in mind, they should create outwear (coats, jackets etc) to go on top of the "main" outfit the sim is currently wearing.

This, please. I totally agree with you.
  • Options
    Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    Thank you for commenting. Agree with you all :mrgreen:
    Sorry to change the conversation, don't want to keep posting things on the thread lol. But I just found out that when you make a household you can't edit the relationship to 'boyfriend/girlfriend' but you can make it to 'wife and husband' lol :smile:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd love this so much.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    I always have things like that happen to me...Then I finally made myself download Custom Content...Now I can't stop. Lmao! :mrgreen:
    It's better than the alternative: no blazer at all! Even the notion! xD :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I just had a thought about this, Sims 4 is all about wearing leggings under skirts and shorts (or at least that's how it seems to me), so why haven't they made layering possible for tops? It being possible for bottoms, implies that it is technically also possible for tops, right? (you can put bracelets over gloves, so it's already possible in that department)

Just look at the development in terms of clothes over the Sims games (I don't presume it to be complete, it's just what I remember without any extensive research):
    • Sims 1 - you couldn't customize anything, you had to pick from pre-made outfits, all were specific to a body type (I remember that up until a certain EP you could actually change your Sim's body type by wearing other clothes, at some point that option was removed)
    • Sims 2 - mostly pre-made outfits, but you could pick and mix tops and bottoms for everyday wear - also every outfit could be used for every body type. With the Bon Voyage EP came the ability to apply different types of jewelry to any outfit (rather than the previous built-in jewelry for a few outfits - the top Bella wore for example)
    • Sims 3 - the introduction of shoes and stockings you could use for any outfit you'd like, or in short: assembling your entire outfit (except jackets and coats)
    • Sims 4 - pretty much the same as Sims 3 :( So, layering tops...? Sounds like the right kind of development to me! (would also be nice if belts were added as clothing accessories unattached to trousers/shorts)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I just had a thought about this, Sims 4 is all about wearing leggings under skirts and shorts (or at least that's how it seems to me), so why haven't they made layering possible for tops? It being possible for bottoms, implies that it is technically also possible for tops, right? (you can put bracelets over gloves, so it's already possible in that department)

Just look at the development in terms of clothes over the Sims games (I don't presume it to be complete, it's just what I remember without any extensive research):
    • Sims 1 - you couldn't customize anything, you had to pick from pre-made outfits, all were specific to a body type (I remember that up until a certain EP you could actually change your Sim's body type by wearing other clothes, at some point that option was removed)
    • Sims 2 - mostly pre-made outfits, but you could pick and mix tops and bottoms for everyday wear - also every outfit could be used for every body type. With the Bon Voyage EP came the ability to apply different types of jewelry to any outfit (rather than the previous built-in jewelry for a few outfits - the top Bella wore for example)
    • Sims 3 - the introduction of shoes and stockings you could use for any outfit you'd like, or in short: assembling your entire outfit (except jackets and coats)
    • Sims 4 - pretty much the same as Sims 3 :( So, layering tops...? Sounds like the right kind of development to me! (would also be nice if belts were added as clothing accessories unattached to trousers/shorts)

As someone addicted to cas it was NOT the same as sims 3. Cas is one of thr biggest improvements in sims 4.

In sims 3 boots wouldn't go on properly over/under pants. Bracelets/rings would clip. Socks would sometimes clip but rarely. Hats couldn't be applied to any hair style. We do have basic layering in sims 4 but not for tops. I think Sim guru graham or Ryan when he was still here mentioned looking into layering tops.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    @zeldagirl180 Thanks for adding that, as I said, I just threw a few things together from what I remember. Besides, I'm not exactly a Sims 3 expert and probably don't spend as much time in CAS as you.

I just think there's a minor misunderstanding, I did say, 'pretty much the same', and when reading what you say, I think the essence of what is possible hasn't changed much. I was talking about development, you are talking about improvement - those are, in my opinion, different things.

If I am understanding it correctly, you say that certain things are possible in Sims 3 but don't work as nicely there as they do in Sims 4 (the hats aside - but that was already mentioned and I was talking about just the clothes, but that may not have been clear).

What I meant to say is that every Sims game so far has in a way added something new to the clothing mechanism (either in the base game and/or EPs). As for Sims 4 that's not really the case, yet (aside from the hats, obviously), so the ability to layer tops could be the new thing they add to this game. And it's nice to know they are/were looking into it :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Great idea! I hope in the future <3
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    @zeldagirl180 Thanks for adding that, as I said, I just threw a few things together from what I remember. Besides, I'm not exactly a Sims 3 expert and probably don't spend as much time in CAS as you.

I just think there's a minor misunderstanding, I did say, 'pretty much the same', and when reading what you say, I think the essence of what is possible hasn't changed much. I was talking about development, you are talking about improvement - those are, in my opinion, different things.

If I am understanding it correctly, you say that certain things are possible in Sims 3 but don't work as nicely there as they do in Sims 4 (the hats aside - but that was already mentioned and I was talking about just the clothes, but that may not have been clear).

What I meant to say is that every Sims game so far has in a way added something new to the clothing mechanism (either in the base game and/or EPs). As for Sims 4 that's not really the case, yet (aside from the hats, obviously), so the ability to layer tops could be the new thing they add to this game. And it's nice to know they are/were looking into it :)

Sims 4 also added for the first time thr ability to completely mold the body. All we could do before was add breasts fat or muscles. May not be clothing but its a huge improvement.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I have been seeing some cc like this. The shirts are accessories that go over the other clothes. I would like a layering ability too.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Not only would it be great to layer a cardigan over a top, but the ability to take layers off and on as we wish, without taking the whole outfit off, just as we do in real life.

On a side note, does anyone else dress their sim according to how you feel, If I feel cold I dress my sims warmly, if I'm hot I dress them in summer wear. :D
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Not only would it be great to layer a cardigan over a top, but the ability to take layers off and on as we wish, without taking the whole outfit off, just as we do in real life.

On a side note, does anyone else dress their sim according to how you feel, If I feel cold I dress my sims warmly, if I'm hot I dress them in summer wear. :D

Swear I thought it was just me. It's practically fall so my sims are all dressed for the season wearing sweaters and pea coats and boots or knit hats.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    Couldn't you just edit the textures in Photoshop and put one layer over the other in a single layer?
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »

Swear I thought it was just me. It's practically fall so my sims are all dressed for the season wearing sweaters and pea coats and boots or knit hats.

So are mine. all in boots and jackets.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I would love layerable tops. It's probably on their radar for things they will look into adding at some point.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Believe it or not, they actually had that feature in the Sims 2 PS2 so I guess why not add in the sims 4 :)
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I'd like that too... I'm also tired of tops clipping through hair.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Yes! This would be awesome! I wish especially since there are no color changes, that we could take an article of clothing from another outfit and put them together, like a jacket from this outfit, and the shirt from this one. I have to get CC in order to have something that goes with what I want them to wear. This would be awesome.
  • Options
    AkiraAnubiseAkiraAnubise Posts: 240 Member
    edited September 2015
    You can layer a jacket over a top, but you would need to have it as an accessory. And from what i know it you will need CC jackets (There are some Maxis Match jackets too), since EA has not put up accessory jackets.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    i think this should be something for the next sims. It is one of those big improovements that technology can bring us.. and its time.
    The multitasking, choosing the body shape, choosing shoes, bottom and top seperatly are things they upgraded well through the series and i think you are right.. its about time. But i am almost sure this will not come in the sims 4, so i say the sims 5 for this one
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Already asked for, Especially With Supernaturals, So I can put cloaks, with hoods over regular outfits, on my sorcerer Sim.

My guess with Seasons it would be better made, hopefully all clothes in the infinite CAS Closet will also have influence on maintaining body temperature.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    I just downloaded my first body suit thing. Yeah laugh ladies but I am just a gay boy with no fashion sense. we can't all be Carson LOL! I was soooo disappointed to find out she cannot wear it with trousers, skirts, shorts. How stupid is that anyway. Oh well, no body suits for me I guess.