Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about legacies

So this may seem like a silly question, but I have never really made a legacy family before and I am taking a crack at it! However, how do you manage your sims? Do you move out your sims and continue to play in the same house, waiting for your original sims to die? Or do you pick someone from the second generation, move them out, and play as them? I hope this makes sense, but right now my house has my first and second generation, and one of the kids just got married so now my house is maxed out! lol I'm not really sure what I should do because I still want to play with the first generation, but I want the ones that just got married to start having a family.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I think it depends on whether you're playing by the legacy "rules" or not!

For me, I don't play strictly by the rules, so I usually move someone out and switch back and forth between playing as them, and playing my original household. I keep the child I consider the "heir" in the original house though. The "spare" siblings I move out and play from time to time (usually I turn aging off while I'm playing the "spares", then turn it back on when I go back to my main legacy household).

I think in the normal legacy rules, you can't do that -- you can move out the "spares", but I don't think you're allowed to switch to their household and play them.

I don't know if that helped at all, but that's how I do my legacy! (Which I don't write about, just play for my own fun :) )
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I think it depends on whether you're playing by the legacy "rules" or not!

For me, I don't play strictly by the rules, so I usually move someone out and switch back and forth between playing as them, and playing my original household. I keep the child I consider the "heir" in the original house though. The "spare" siblings I move out and play from time to time (usually I turn aging off while I'm playing the "spares", then turn it back on when I go back to my main legacy household).

I think in the normal legacy rules, you can't do that -- you can move out the "spares", but I don't think you're allowed to switch to their household and play them.

I don't know if that helped at all, but that's how I do my legacy! (Which I don't write about, just play for my own fun :) )

@CitizenErased14 That's exactly how I play my legacy! :D
  • Options
    ShinrikyoShinrikyo Posts: 2,142 Member
    That helped me so much! I wasn't sure if switching back and forth would be the way to do it but that makes sense! Thanks guys! :D