Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want for Romance interactions?

I really think we should have bed cuddling again, including whilst sleeping, that was cute.

I also think some Sims should be more romantic or nervous about certain romantic interactions, like some Sims confidently reveal their crush whilst other Sims may get nervous and try to reveal their crush but then cancel their own interaction like they aren't ready - that would be adorable or maybe a Sim cuddling another their love interest while they're performing a romantic song or something? Like one of the Sims kind of 'helps' the other one learn Guitar, to Cook, to Paint etc.

The Romance in The Sims 4 feels a bit more like Comedic-Romance, at least for a few of the interactions tbh. But don't get me wrong, Romance in the game is still nice in my opinion, my Sims won't stop Romancing their love interest, they kiss before and after they go to work. I just think the game should have more in-depth romance, instead of just confident interactions and creepy as plum ones, there should be shy ones etc.

Oh and btw have any of you guys' Sims ever had their First Kiss, Relationship or Woohoo without your interference?
Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.

Comments

• Options
    Woahbro1Woahbro1 Posts: 134 Member
    Just a few ideas :smile: :
    • Slow dancing needs to make a return, hopefully as a hidden skill.
    • Talk about having kids and the future for newly weds.
    • Goose from the Sims 2, especially since it'll be nice with the new butt slider.
    • Eskimo Kiss interaction needs to be a thing.
    • Being able to lead another sim somewhere while holding hands.
    • Kids should be able to have crushes.
    5nj1c1.png
    Origin ID: woahbro1
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited August 2015
    Definitely would like Goose from the Sims 2.
    Secondly, definitely agree with cuddling/spooning in the same bed when sleeping, Sims 2-style:

Sims2EP9%202013-01-20%2010-29-46-71_zpssbamdj6w.jpg
  • Options
    batmansrobinbatmansrobin Posts: 146 Member
    I would love to see different traits actually come to play in relationships. Like a gloomy sim will want to spend the day in bed together or an active sim will want to explore and jog together. I feel like the vital piece missing to the Sims 4 romantic equation is just sheer individuality. Not every couple is the same. Not every sim wants to go on the same date to the flippin' library. Same goes for friendships.
    tumblr_n801qpC3jx1qknma4o5_500.png
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,438 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I really think we should have bed cuddling again, including whilst sleeping, that was cute.

I also think some Sims should be more romantic or nervous about certain romantic interactions, like some Sims confidently reveal their crush whilst other Sims may get nervous and try to reveal their crush but then cancel their own interaction like they aren't ready - that would be adorable or maybe a Sim cuddling another their love interest while they're performing a romantic song or something? Like one of the Sims kind of 'helps' the other one learn Guitar, to Cook, to Paint etc.

The Romance in The Sims 4 feels a bit more like Comedic-Romance, at least for a few of the interactions tbh. But don't get me wrong, Romance in the game is still nice in my opinion, my Sims won't stop Romancing their love interest, they kiss before and after they go to work. I just think the game should have more in-depth romance, instead of just confident interactions and creepy as plum ones, there should be shy ones etc.

Oh and btw have any of you guys' Sims ever had their First Kiss, Relationship or Woohoo without your interference?

Agree with all you said plus tons of new kisses,hand holding while walking,the slow dance,the return of romance options at tables and a new cuddle that can be done on the sofa were they don't break away after 5 seconds.

Also when we get cars I hope we 'll have romance options like kiss,make out,cuddle,woohoo and try for a baby.
  • Options
    PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    I want the steamy couch make out from the sims 2!
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited August 2015
    First I would love to see an attraction system in place preferably The Sims 2 system. with lighting bolts, turn on and offs...
    1) cuddling in bed when a sim wakes up
    2) steamy make out session on the couch
    3) goosing
    4) table proposal
    5) dip kiss
    6) ask back to my place on a date
    7) slow dancing
    8) on a date the feed a bite or steal a bite romantic interaction at the table also caress hand and toast date.
    9) being able to make out or cuddling on the bed (or heck just relaxing on the bed again)
    10) to ask the sims date do you like what you see?
    11) scan the room
    12) I would love for the creators to add an option to the pie menu for our sims to say I love you <3
    Just a few of my wishes o:)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Slow dancing.
  • Options
    First I would love to see an attraction system in place preferably The Sims 2 system. with lighting bolts, turn on and offs...
    1) cuddling in bed when a sim wakes up
    2) steamy make out session on the couch
    3) goosing
    4) table proposal
    5) dip kiss
    6) ask back to my place on a date
    7) slow dancing
    8) on a date the feed a bite or steal a bite romantic interaction at the table also caress hand and toast date.
    9) being able to make out or cuddling on the bed (or heck just relaxing on the bed again)
    10) to ask the sims date do you like what you see?
    11) scan the room
    12) I would love for the creators to add an option to the pie menu for our sims to say I love you <3
    Just a few of my wishes o:)

Yes to all.

And I'd love to see the steamy makeout return. The big thing with me is seeing the sofa cuddle fixed. I liked the TS3 version were they wouldn't break away till you told them to

I want this back so my sims can cuddle and watch TV together.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited August 2015
    Slow dancing yes! Also I'd like to see the heat of the moment kiss return to!
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Anyone remember the picnic basket from Sims: Hot Date? I want that back and the associated romantic interactions (I think they could cuddle on it or something).
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    My top list (but I love all of the suggestions here so far!):
    - cuddling in bed
    - spooning while asleep
    - slow dancing, even without music there
    - affectionate positions for two while multitasking (reading books, watching TV) - like one Sim lying with their head in another Sim's lap

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Anyone remember the picnic basket from Sims: Hot Date? I want that back and the associated romantic interactions (I think they could cuddle on it or something).

They could makeout on it as well and if it was on a beach apply suntan lotion to their partner.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I would like if there were surprise engagements again. But in different types of ways.
    Also if single flowers can be brought and given to a love one. Definitely more cuddling.just more surprise factors like even surprising your spouse with a new car. Or teddy bears, a box of chocolates anything.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    MaggiSimmerMaggiSimmer Posts: 1,314 Member
    I miss the making out on the bed! It got things steamy ;)
    Along the topic of making out, I dislike how you can only do so while sittting. No standing makeout sesions? :p
    I also want cuddling on the bed! So cute ^_^
    And I agree with @Slyvanas ! Couple gifts would be adorable.
    1ph6o6.gif

Check out The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase, a custom content based magazine about the Sims!

The Sims 4 Tally to the Top!

Or check out my beauty blog, Infinite Beauty!
  • Options
    MysticalSimmerMysticalSimmer Posts: 160 Member
    Woahbro1 wrote: »
    Just a few ideas :smile: :
    • Slow dancing needs to make a return, hopefully as a hidden skill.
    • Talk about having kids and the future for newly weds.
    • Goose from the Sims 2, especially since it'll be nice with the new butt slider.
    • Eskimo Kiss interaction needs to be a thing.
    • Being able to lead another sim somewhere while holding hands.
    • Kids should be able to have crushes.

I agree so much with the slow dancing! It would be perfect for wedding. All your other ideas are amazing as well :) Kid crushes would be sooo cute!
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »

They could makeout on it as well and if it was on a beach apply suntan lotion to their partner.

Ohhh right! Apply suntan lotion. Super cute lol.
  • Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    I really wish that sims could cuddle while watching T.V. I know that there's a snuggle interaction, but I mean, cuddle as in one of the sims putting their arm around the other sim and resting their heads on each other etc. You get me?
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Goose
    Cuddle when sleeping
    Relax on bed again (who sits on the side?)
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,554 Member
    I would say none and more reason for me to keep my sims singles parents raising there kids
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Kerwinkle wrote: »
    I really wish that sims could cuddle while watching T.V. I know that there's a snuggle interaction, but I mean, cuddle as in one of the sims putting their arm around the other sim and resting their heads on each other etc. You get me?

Yes please Maxis. This is what I want.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I would like the goose interaction and the table proposal...! Btw I was happily suprised with the romantic interaction on wardrobe on GT!! Love it!!! Ty for this!! I wonder who's got the idea
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    praisespraises Posts: 66 Member
    • A steamy makeout session on both the bed and couch
    • A "meet the family" interaction or event for when Sims bring their dates home
    • New Woohoo locations like the shower and bathroom stalls
    • A "heat of the moment" kiss like TS3 and a drunken kiss
    • Slow dancing
    • Holding hands while walking around together, or having one Sim put their arm around the other
    • Flirty wink