Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big are your families?

purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
In TS3 I only used to have 1-2 children per household as I found raising toddlers and kids such a chore. In TS2 my household would normally be full but it was hard work. In my current game I only intended my founder to have 2 children, however in her second pregnancy she had twins, so she had 3 children. All of the children are now grown up and I'm rotating between their households. In the sons household there are currently 2 children with one on the way and they may even have another yet, I just love raising kids in TS4 so much! I don't know why, but I find it enjoyable even with the lack of group activities. Back at the founders house, one of the twins has just had a baby and no doubt there will be more when they move out. The other twin will also have children but not sure how many yet. I am loving big families at the minute, and I love the friendly relationships between the cousins.

What about you guys? How big are your families? Currently in my game there are 3 children, 3 grandchildren with 1 on the way!

Comments

• Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    I just let my sims try for baby when they have a whim to, and in TS4 that means all households seem to end up as 8 sim households fast enough, and usually they have 8 children before the female becomes an elder. I do have one household that seems to be the exception to the rule in my game. They only have one child so far and are old enough to not have time to get 8 children unless they start having twins (I hope I haven't given them ideas now).
  • Options
    tb98rocktb98rock Posts: 121 Member
    Well I just deleted a game cuz I didn't save like 3 days worth of important events but I had 4 in the 2nd gen and then 9 in the 3rd gen! My founders died while I was in a kids household sadly :( but then I didn't save which ruined everything for me so I deleted it
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    TriX0099 wrote: »
    I just let my sims try for baby when they have a whim to, and in TS4 that means all households seem to end up as 8 sim households fast enough, and usually they have 8 children before the female becomes an elder. I do have one household that seems to be the exception to the rule in my game. They only have one child so far and are old enough to not have time to get 8 children unless they start having twins (I hope I haven't given them ideas now).

Haha no, don't be giving them ideas! Mine don't very often have whims to try for baby despite their successful lineage aspiration, but maybe it shows up for the happy family aspiration? I just have them try for baby whenever I feel broody for another baby, although it's a pain when they aren't where I want them to be in their careers and I really want a baby but can't let them have one yet lol! When baby number 3 comes along for Onyx and Lily I am going to have to extend the house as there isn't enough space for a 3rd child once it ages up as the nursery isn't big enough to be a bedroom. I am looking forward to extending the house another level though :)

tb98rock wrote: »
    Well I just deleted a game cuz I didn't save like 3 days worth of important events but I had 4 in the 2nd gen and then 9 in the 3rd gen! My founders died while I was in a kids household sadly :( but then I didn't save which ruined everything for me so I deleted it

Ouch, I would be heartbroken if something happened to my current save! I really love this family, I love this more than any other family I've made, even my simself family.

I am especially fascinated with the genetics in the game, and passing them down the line. I can't wait to see when I get a few generations along, how many of my founder's features are still noticeable, if they get lost as the generations progress.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I usually only have 2 kids at home at a time, but my Sims will occasionally have more children after some move out; my original Sim's daughter moved out and had a daughter with her husband, then they adopted a son so she wouldn't lose any time with her Detective career. My original Sim has two more children with her husband; elder daughter is about to age up to Young Adult and son is about to age up to Teen. Haven't decided if they'll have another child or maybe adopt.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I just got my family down from 8 to 6. I like to have two kids at a time cause they are fun together. They always seem to end up being partners in crime and pranking the school everyday. I love it! I can't wait for clubs in Nov. so I can make fun clubs for the kids!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Is anyone controlling like me?? I make the kids spouses myself to ensure they have good genetics from both sides of the family
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    I tended to have more children in TS3 because I loved the family gameplay and toddlers and kids and stuff :blush:
    However, even though I dearly miss toddlers and definitely think they should be patched back in, I can't help but love the babies in Sims 4! I actually like seeing them in their cots crying their eyes out because I'm just like
    mwhahahaha you little baby, I can keep you in there all day and it won't change the way you grow up anymore :naughty:

So I tend to have the same amount of children actually, unless I have twins or triplets and then I only have them aha
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Is anyone controlling like me?? I make the kids spouses myself to ensure they have good genetics from both sides of the family

I usually try to find someone around town for my sims. I will make a mate for them, but only if I can't find anyone who they really fit with. I like variety and randomness.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    DXTF123DXTF123 Posts: 20 New Member
    I try to keep my households fairly small. I only really play with young adults, so there'll be like three or four of them in a small houses. I'm really hoping we get a nightlife-like expansion/game pack soon so then apartments will make a return. My current save has three young adults living in Oasis Springs, I created a nice little place for them but I'd rather have them living in a high rise apartment. I'm not sure how I'm going to play this save out, in the past I've had the roommates eventually get girlfriends/boyfriends and have kids but then it gets a bit out of control.
  • Options
    Raychel8Raychel8 Posts: 110 Member
    I find it so hard to raise successful children lol! I can never seem to complete their aspirations when I have more than 2 children to mind.. But currently, I have a father with 3 children, one of which has just became a young adult and the other two being twin boy children. Im doing good so far, I find children a burden in the sims 4 and I don't know why.. I think its their voices.. they go through my head! I usually try to stick to having 1 child per generation to have a neat and tidy family tree but I want this one to be expanded and huge!

My founding father had his first girl with one sim who died unintentionally in a fire. (Left the game running forgetting to pause, when I came back she was dead and the fire was out)

So I had him re-marry a woman who already had 2 kids, has the twins with her, and had her cheat on him to spice things up abit!

I do love a dramatic household lol..
  • Options
    Raychel8Raychel8 Posts: 110 Member

Yup I do this when I want a wealthy or successful family. Or if I plan to achieve certain aspirations/career goals ect.

But sometimes I like selecting randomers to marry. Its can be more fun
  • Options
    Raychel8 wrote: »

Yup I do this when I want a wealthy or successful family. Or if I plan to achieve certain aspirations/career goals ect.

But sometimes I like selecting randomers to marry. Its can be more fun
    I never do aspirations/goals my sims are free spirits! Lol but typically they'll date random sims until I feel they need to settle then I give them a sim I made just for them
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited August 2015
    I can't control more than 4 sims at a time, so my families tend to stick to that number.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    Every generation has at least 3 kids and usually there is 6-8 Sims(kids, parents, grandparents) in the household at all times :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I used to go all out 6+ children. Then I started enjoying a single sim more and now my sims usually only end up with 1-2 kids.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited August 2015
    Eh in most Sims games I have about 6-7+ children and I go from there and I'm also known in trying the 100 baby challenges in each iteration since TS2. In TS2 I could raise a whole army, one family had about 8 kids, 12 grandchildren and had big generations afterwards (still have the save lol). TS3 I had about pretty big generation there too (7-8_ children, 12-14 grandchildren). TS4, well since we do have newcrest, I have at least tried my usual big families, so far I've had about 5 children (twins and triplets), I've been progressing rather slowly though with ts4,so i'm not even sure if i'm going to see their grand kids.

I think once toddlers and more family play is added, i'll finally get back into the swing of things for my epic huge families that I adore <3
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I get to bored with bigger families at the moment so if they have kids it's usually one or two just to keep the family going when I get tired of playing the parents XD I think this will change when we get some more expansion packs to play with :) I love teenagers in TS3 so I hope they will get more interesting soon o:)
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I have 6 households with 1-4 children. Two of those households have grandparents living with them.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited August 2015
    I have a orphanage household with 7 kids but I don't play it much. I might play families more when generations comes out.
  • Options
    ZespriZespri Posts: 129 Member
    My current save has a household of three Sims, a couple with a child. I don't really know what to do with kids in this game. :/
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    I preferred having large families in the other games, I don't like it in TS4 because the kids all end up being the same age and it's annoying.
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    edited August 2015
    In TS4 I only have around 2 - 4 members in my Sims household but I have a household which has a maximum number of 8 members Budny Family and 2 alien friends living with them - all of them are adults so that they can help with the family business.
    Post edited by bootsguy on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,713 Member
    Not big enough. I wish we had room for 12 Sims on a lot. I'm playing a family from RL, and they had 10 children. I'll have to move some of the older ones off the lot, in order to get to the younger four. :open_mouth: Although, playing in rotation is working out better for me. Simply keeping Aging on for the Active household only so far is working. Yay!

To answer the question more directly, I have two households in the rotation, with the aim that the eldest from each will marry and create the third household. So, each house is 8 Sims. (Again, there were more kids per household in reality, but we're stuck with 8 total. :/ )
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Am I the only one that has uses with my sims' kids growing up? When there are a lot they have to be split up and everyone knows sims make bad decisions when left on their own lol
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    20926528525_08c005e8f3_o.png

As you can see from this picture, it's kinda huge. Sadly doesn't list the spouses, but pretty much everyone has a spouse :)