Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding cake - don't trust the caterer to do it!

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    With a high enough skill, two 2 tier cakes become available. One is white with black trim the other is black with white. Both make beautiful wedding cakes when you add the topper.
  • Options
    ZespriZespri Posts: 129 Member
    This is why I never use NPCs for parties. My caterer always forgot to make a cake or left it in the oven. Once I ended up with a counter full of grilled cheese sandwiches. I always make sure to have one of my Sims make a wedding cake before the event begins.
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    I know, right? So annoying.
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited August 2015
    Caterers do make food at my weddings... but their wedding cakes always turn out to be invisible!
    a55c72cd-c57c-459d-87d4-c6f4b38393c7_zps6jg28qs5.png
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    At my sims wedding I think the bride and groom ended up with 4 or 5 wedding cakes. It was slightly annoying! Took ages to clean all those cakes up. No point in hiring a maid either as they dont show. The caterer npc is off tho I noticed that too.
  • Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    Caterers do make food at my weddings... but their wedding cakes always turn out to be invisible!

Ugh same here :disappointed: I always want to take screenshots of the bride and groom sharing the cake but it's just not there :lol:
    duck.jpg
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I had Pancake Bob as mine and he made nothing, but pancakes one time...

LOL.

You can't trust that guy with anything. Last time I hired him he just rummaged through my trash.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    It only took me one wedding to realize the cater isn't reliable I always get my best cook up early enough and in kitchen I cook all the phone and store it in the fridge until the wedding and I make sure all my sims are well fed so they don't eat the wedding food. I still hire a cater just for the effect.

I wish you could refuse to pay them if they don't do their job properly.
  • Options
    PinkmonkeyPinkmonkey Posts: 188 Member
    I never use caterers since they do nothing! I always make my own food and cake, don't trust NPCs in this game!

She speaks the truth!! The few NPCs in this game suck 🐸🐸🐸🐸. The maid hardly shows up if at all. When she does eventually make it to your house, she has the audacity to steal your dirty coffee and teapots! What the hell? All the caterer does is socialize with your guests and dance. Never once setting foot near the fridge. I do have to admit that the bartender and the entertainer usually do their job. Those are the only ones I hire for events. Now i know why they don't have burglars in this game. They're working as caterers and maids instead.
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    So she's putting the fork inside of his nose? Great... smiley-sick015.gif

Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    It seems the caterers are still a problem, my sims ended up with BLTs as wedding food yesterday :D
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I had a caterer make a birthday cake for a house party and then blew out the candle. I found that rather odd.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    Yup. At this very moment I'm watching a sims let's play and that's what's happening. The bride had to take care of baking a cake during her wedding... :/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Uuuugh. SAME. In my legacy save (so ALL the money was hard-earned. NOT cheated in) I spent about 3,000 simoleons on a wedding and the caterer made ONE dish. ONE. Crab tortellini or something. The caterer then started preparing 5 other dishes that she never completed, so there were half-prepared bowls and vegetables on cutting boards ALL OVER the kitchen and dining room. One of them was a white cake. But like I said she just kept starting more dishes. And the worst part was I couldn't take control over her to fix anything >-< I was so angry.

--

It doesn't make it any better that the groom peed himself just before the couple's vows and I didn't have time to re-rally all the sims via group conversations back to the wedding setup outside.

Aren't Legacies fun? Invariably, I have stuff happen in my Legacy save that never happens in other saves. Lots of Firsts.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mavaria811mavaria811 Posts: 115 Member
    Whenever I plan a wedding, I have the bride or groom, whoever I leveled up with the cooking skill, prepare the cake and all the food. Then I put it in their personal inventory before actually planning and going to the wedding. I've had too many caterers either do nothing at all or just make basic meals over and over, never a cake.
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Caterer always are willing to take your money but put in no work.
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Yep another slightly broken npc lol
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    My caterer spent all his time using the bathroom, showering, and taking a nap.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
    Omg, IKR!? That's such a mess. I had such a bad experience with my wedding. I hired personal for everything and they didn't do anything. I was like what the fudge ? I had to make my cake, and the caterer was just there doing nothing. Jesus, one can't even have a nice wedding in this game. Not cool, not cool. This makes me sad. tumblr_nvavacKvcX1u4ypbyo6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
    -"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    HopeTahHopeTah Posts: 144 Member
    Yeah, I've since wised up - my sim brings a pre-baked cake and I made sure there's a buffet table at the wedding venue. At least the bartender shows up to work! *Musicians I hire never seem to touch the piano though
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Whenever I get a caterer for a party I don't let my sims interact with him/ her at all. I make sure the kitchen is clean (no plates etc taking up space) and try to keep all other sims out of the kitchen.

They are not to be trusted though so I do as you do OP if I know a certain dish (and I can be bothered) will be required. :blush:

(If it's not a party, just a hired caterer, I also have one of my sims put away the last dish the caterer made, that way they don't get distracted with other thing and there is plenty of room to make more.)
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    Caterers are worthless. Just had a wedding in my game and hired a caterer and the worthless sim cooked nothing.

My last wedding the caterer cooked but nothing you would expect at a wedding. Pancakes, scrambled eggs for a wedding no thanks!

They need a fix ASAP
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Bake the cake at home before you do the wedding, then put it in inventory. Set it out at the wedding, you don't need a caterer.
  • Options
    KlueniiKluenii Posts: 90 Member
    Have to agree! Pre-bake and inventory the cake, or set a controllable family member that has the skill set as caterer
  • Options
    MintyfreshMintyfresh Posts: 5 New Member
    The one time I actually decided to have a wedding in my game instead of eloping the caterer just sat around socializing instead of baking a cake or any food. Went to have my bride go bake the cake and when I went to move the cake to a central location it poofed and we had to make it again. The wedding was a disaster, eloping forever.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top