Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"School Expansion Pack"

I'd like a expansion/base game where you could actually see your simmers ( Kids/Teens) Go to school, or possibly the Dad/Mom ( even if they dont have kids or do ) can work as a teacher in the schools teach them new things like the get to work pack (or maybe add to that!)

Comments

• Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I'd like to see them get a break from school for the summer and holidays between child and teen.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,758 Member
    Why is it that people want a school EP?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Because Story tellers who focus more on teens and maybe children want to tell teen drama stories, can't because they can't follow them to school, where most of the stories and stuff happen.
    to me it's like why should we follow young adults to college?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Because Story tellers who focus more on teens and maybe children want to tell teen drama stories, can't because they can't follow them to school, where most of the stories and stuff happen.
    to me it's like why should we follow young adults to college?

We follow them to college because college is suppose to be a time period in a Young person's life where you basically "Cut off apron strings" and live away from home
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Woahbro1Woahbro1 Posts: 134 Member
    It's just something a bunch of simmers have always wanted. High school can be an exciting time of a person's life because it's when you can make memories and participate in a bunch of activities while you're still a kid in a sense. Being able to try out for sports teams like basketball, football, and cheerleading, go to dances such as prom and potentially being crowned, make friends of all sorts, and if they do a school expansion pack the group system coming with Get Together will working amazingly to make cliques such as jocks, geeks, and your typical stereotypes. Take driving ed at schools, standing up to bullies, and landing in detention after pulling the fire alarm. It just seems fun because teens/children have always felt left out considering it's a LifeSim and in the earlier Sims games it just wasn't the same experience.
    5nj1c1.png
    Origin ID: woahbro1
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    But seriously? Standing watching teens have fun which they could do AFTER school? I rather have a commuity lot like a mall or a theatre which they could hang out in.. On the other hand..if it was open sandbox like it suppose to be..one could create their own little school scenarios..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Woahbro1Woahbro1 Posts: 134 Member
    edited August 2015
    But seriously? Standing watching teens have fun which they could do AFTER school? I rather have a commuity lot like a mall or a theatre which they could hang out in.. On the other hand..if it was open sandbox like it suppose to be..one could create their own little school scenarios..
    I guess it's a personal preference. I'm all here for theatre and malls, but I've always felt that the younger life stages have always been left out. Hate to admit it, but the teens in the Sims 4 are basically just young adults and they actually need something to set them apart from their older selves. The teen stage was always my favorite, but it just seems meh at this point. A School expansion pack would just be nice to have and add the umph.
    5nj1c1.png
    Origin ID: woahbro1
  • Options
    snickerz0338snickerz0338 Posts: 8 New Member
    I think thats a great idea!!! :) I think they should have a break for summer, and holidays! They should show the kids go to school, and maybe even on the bus!
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    I aproove !! The more visible gameplay, the better.

I even made a drawning some time ago - Not much as good compared to what i can do now.

school_by_vexacuz-d6se5eu.png

But anyway, just to give an idea.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    carly552carly552 Posts: 119 Member
    Do you know what would be nice?
    You can decide if you want your child to go to...

1. Boarding school- Like in the Sims 3, they leave,(you can't control them) they come back when they are teenagers. (You have the option to send them back

2. Private school- More demanding work, uniforms

3. Public school- Regular base game stuff
    baby-pink-cute-cute-night-gif-Favim.com-3891443.gif

• Options
    Add in some field trips (Pioneer village, Zoo, Aquarium, historical houses?) and I might think about it. Both for the kids and for an (activie) teaching career. @v12creator what about an office at the school?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I want a school EP. I've been wanting one ever since Zerbu started making mods for it. Only thing is I don't want a scripted school. I want full control of my Sims while they are at school and I want freedom to do everything without following a checklist to improve their performance. So yes I want an active school, but I don't want to have it set up like GTW. School EP should have military, private, home school, public school, magic school, preschool (if toddlers return), field trips, university, school events, sports, after school activities, and a tutor NPC.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Add in some field trips (Pioneer village, Zoo, Aquarium, historical houses?) and I might think about it. Both for the kids and for an (activie) teaching career. @v12creator what about an office at the school?

The drawning was just a very basic concept for the time i was trying to join together a basic open lot with a rabithole in a similar fashion to what ThesimsMedieval did, but ever since Get-To-Work, that is clearly no longer a limit. A bigger Lot will naturaly open space for more rooms such as an office, teacher lounge, more classrooms etc.

jr73Y.gif

• Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    Jesse1998 wrote: »
    I'd like a expansion/base game where you could actually see your simmers ( Kids/Teens) Go to school, or possibly the Dad/Mom ( even if they dont have kids or do ) can work as a teacher in the schools teach them new things like the get to work pack (or maybe add to that!)
    v12creator wrote: »
    I aproove !! The more visible gameplay, the better.

I even made a drawning some time ago - Not much as good compared to what i can do now.

school_by_vexacuz-d6se5eu.png

But anyway, just to give an idea.

Nice Picture. BTW check out this thread and leave comment, like, and support and we can help make this idea a reality!
  • Options
    deemiles1992deemiles1992 Posts: 4 New Member
    It would be great if Sims 4 can make a School Expansion Pack
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member

We all like different things! I personally would love a school game pack or ep for kids/teens because I strongly dislike that everyday they go away for 7-8 hours , that I dont get to play. I enjoy school and uni in the sims and I know sims 4 would do it better. Not to be rude, but I hate having to explain why I want or like something personally :*
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I'm hoping they release a Back to School (K-12) GP, introducing preteens and a teaching career. Each level brings something new (ex. prom for high schoolers). Then hopefully a University style EP. I'm thinking maybe a daycare option may come with the upcoming toddler SP but if not, that can be included with the BYS GP. This is something I really, really want in the game.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

We all like different things! I personally would love a school game pack or ep for kids/teens because I strongly dislike that everyday they go away for 7-8 hours , that I dont get to play. I enjoy school and uni in the sims and I know sims 4 would do it better. Not to be rude, but I hate having to explain why I want or like something personally :*

What I want is like a couple of days go to the school and like the Sims 3 uni. The teacher is talking they either can ask questions to help them take notes. Take notes to help with their homework so like s homework. And sleep in class risking getting caught by the teacher getting detention and also when they sleep well that means no notes and no boost in homework.