Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't understand why they announced it so far in advance. November isn't "soon".

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    edited August 2015
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Simsocity wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    They announced the expansion pack for Guild Wars 2 in January and it still doesn't have a release date. Or Metal Gear Solid 5 was announced years ago. You know nothing of waiting a long time!

This.

I understand that other games may have had timeframes longer than the expansions announced for The Sims, but we are all used to them announcing games 2/3 months in advanced and not 1-2 years like other games you guys have said.

The longest we've had to wait for a base game was of course a year, but expansions, stuff packs, and now the game packs are all announced relatively close to their releases. Sorry, but using other games doesn't help when The Sims has gone off of a different routine.

I'm sorry, but how far is November really?

3 months... did you not read anything I said?

The Sims usually releases games (other than the base game) in a small timeframe and not four and a half months after they announce it. It's different than other games, like you mentioned above that take years to release. You can't compare two different games and say, "Oh you can wait 4 months" when we've never waited that long for an expansion pack. If you read what I said, you'd know I already mentioned this. :)
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Lol at op telling me to go away. @Simsocity you literally just said they announce packs 2/3 months in advance and then said November is 3 months away. So... why is it early?
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    Lol at op telling me to go away. @Simsocity you literally just said they announce packs 2/3 months in advance and then said November is 3 months away. So... why is it early?

I'm speaking from when they announced it. They announced it the 5th of August so if you say they release mid-November, that's almost 4 months. They've usually had 2 months (3 months on some EP) of time from when the announced it to when it was released. It's just unusual for them to take that long of time in between announcing and releasing it.

On no uncertain terms do I think that is long but for a Sims EP it is. Games like GTA V and COD as well as numerous games, like mentioned by others, have years to wait from announcing to release date. It's just different for a Sims game is all.