Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One year anniversary

Since the one year anniversary of the sims 4 launch in the U.S. is approaching, the creators of the sims should make an expansion pack that is free if you have the sims 4 game. This way people who cannot afford/cannot pay for a new expansion pack can get one. Or at least discount the already existing expansion packs and stuff packs.

Comments

• Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    Looool yeah..right..they'll get right on that. ;)
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    plenilunesplenilunes Posts: 296 Member
    Lol no
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    ea will just point to one of those places where you can sell your blood for cash as they slam the door in your face. you rule! = come back when you pay!
  • Options
    AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member
    Expect little more than a gnome, if we are even that lucky.
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I told people not to get their hopes up...no one listens
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Nice idea, but it won't happen, not in this life time anyway ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    paramournparamourn Posts: 375 Member
    Would you work for free? I'm pretty sure it takes a good amount of hours to make an expansion pack. You're asking them to give up money because you can't afford a pack you don't have to buy in the first place? O.o
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I literally can't even.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    This made me smile. :)
    Noor wrote: »
    Since the one year anniversary of the sims 4 launch in the U.S. is approaching, the creators of the sims should make an expansion pack that is free if you have the sims 4 game. This way people who cannot afford/cannot pay for a new expansion pack can get one. Or at least discount the already existing expansion packs and stuff packs.

Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    there's a reason ea has long been listed as one of america's most hated companies. you're not going to get anything from ea but disappointment as you watch them gut beloved games that you grew up on (simcity, mass effect, the sims, etc.) because they're hoping to squeeze one more dollar from your pocket while investing one less nickel from theirs.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    the creators of the sims should make an expansion pack that is free if you have the sims 4 game.
    EA is not CDprojekt.

• Options
    Zola1016Zola1016 Posts: 223 Member
    Don't follow the yellow brick broad.
    keep-calm-and-sing-smelly-cat-4.png
    Smelly cat, Smelly Cat
    What are they feeding you?
    Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
    It's not your fault!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    carousel-rides-cloudcuckooland.png.....
  • Options
    AkeelneyAkeelney Posts: 115 Member
    There's a reason we have base games and expansion packs.

Nice try Jan.
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    I don't agree. I think they actually should increase the price of the new EP. "Get in the Mess Together" smiley-gen053.gif

Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Windely wrote: »
    I don't agree. I think they actually should increase the price of the new EP. "Get in the Mess Together" smiley-gen053.gif

:|
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Now, I've read in other threads people referring to those who are asking the devs to bring back so many things we want, especially the missing base game content, as entitled. For the life of me I could never understand that but this thread, LOL, is the real definition of entitlement.

OP, sorry but I would not entertain that thought any longer. ;)
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I am skeptical about this OP. Who are they really and what made them bored enough to make this post? I guess maybe they are really young and don't now where eps come from.

Now if the stork brings them, they might be free
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    BoothBiscuitBoothBiscuit Posts: 62 Member
    In all seriousness, I would consider the possibility of getting something free, but more like Riverview in the Sims 3, rather than a free expansion pack (which is an idea that is in some ways laughable but oh well). But, they pretty much already did this with Newcrest (and that one small Holiday pack that they gave us that I never used anyway.) so I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything free right now that's not a patch/update.
  • Options
    SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    edited August 2015
    paramourn wrote: »
    Would you work for free? I'm pretty sure it takes a good amount of hours to make an expansion pack. You're asking them to give up money because you can't afford a pack you don't have to buy in the first place? O.o
    Exactly, that is just s. t. u. p. i. d. I get discounting the packs, but making a whole new one, free, because someone can't save enough money up to afford it is just dumb lol.
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Uh, they don't owe us anything because the game has been out for a year. Absolutely nothing.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd be happy to get a free pack with Halloween and Thanksgiving Decor.
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    I'm pretty sure that just because you suggested that, they will raise the prices on all future content...
  • Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    What? FREE content from EA?! :D

The content they do give us isn't even worth the price they list it at!
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Options
    BeesteengerBeesteenger Posts: 217 Member
    We can hope.......LOL