Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need more activities for sims

One thing I would really like to see in The Sims 4 is more activities for sims to do. In my current game one of my sims is a stay at home mom and while her teenage daughter and husband are away and school/work I don't really know what to do with her.

I'v never been one to just park a sim in front of a TV all day. what I want to see as future activities/hobbies/skills are simple stuff like knitting/sowing, doing crossword puzzles in the newspaper. I also miss my sims playing catch with the baseball/football it was a good time wasting, relationship building activity.

Does anyone else have any activities, hobbies or skills they would like to see.
All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
fN2f7ds.png

Comments

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited August 2015
    she could cook, gourmet cook, paint, play an instrument & write music, read or write books, craft objects, build her handiness skill & upgrade the objects in the house, flirt with the neighbor, go fishing, collect stones, collect MySims figurines, tend the garden, learn to tell jokes & write skits, play chess, build a rocket, play computer games, learn programming, play card games, spy on her neighbors, jog, bake cupcakes in the basement ...

or you could play with her moodswings :lol:

which traits did you gave her ?

what i would like too see ?
    tons of activities, expecially those which include two sims beyond talking & hugging
    & many play activities for children ... that's why i wanted the Family EP for Xmass :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    I was never one to keep mom home while kids were at school and dad at work if I were playing cookie cutter Sims. Too bad shopping in the game doesn't matter and that you need the GTW to have shopping. But doesn't matter anyway, because no point in leaving the house when can't go out to eat or invite a friend to go out to eat in an open restaurant, nor go shopping for new clothes I can just lazily get at home. Or no need to go look for a theater or invite anyone to go along because there aren't any, no day time bowling, lol, no Physical Activities at the parks, like horse shoes, skip rope, swings for adults, too, play soccer, basketball, or even fish together.

So, might as well just sit around and skill your brains out, with writing books, painting and playing an instrument. :#

ETA: I think you aren't supposed to have time to notice there is nothing physical to do (other than jog) a year later, but fill those pesty aspirations chores. Go for that, it will take up every hour of every day.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    those "together" activities are indeed not there, those sims act mostly alone

& i miss the theater & the restaurant too, we have not even a stadium where football games & concerts take place
    in TS3 i always visited with the sims even the different localities like townhall or sent them to take a fishing class at the grocery shop

the life of those TS4 sims is quiet to the extreme
    the only thing they can do to enjoy themselves with others is going to a park or going to a bar

& i doubt this will improve with Get Together
    i really wonder what activities those groups in GT will have to choose from besides dancing

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Good points :smile:

Some ideas similar to TS2: Freetime
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    those "together" activities are indeed not there, those sims act mostly alone

& i miss the theater & the restaurant too, we have not even a stadium where football games & concerts take place
    in TS3 i always visited with the sims even the different localities like townhall or sent them to take a fishing class at the grocery shop

the life of those TS4 sims is quiet to the extreme
    the only thing they can do to enjoy themselves with others is going to a park or going to a bar

& i doubt this will improve with Get Together
    i really wonder what activities those groups in GT will have to choose from besides dancing

But there is absolutely nothing to do at the park. Why endure a loading screen for that? Eating at the park can get old fast when there is no physical activity to do. I don't even visit parks like that in my real life. lol It has to have something physical to do, even if that is just tether ball.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    But there is absolutely nothing to do at the park. Why endure a loading screen for that? Eating at the park can get old fast when there is no physical activity to do. I don't even visit parks like that in my real life. lol It has to have something physical to do, even if that is just tether ball.
    yep, not really much else than maybe
    playing chess, one could add the cards table, i've put there also an easel ...

the social life in general is quite barren
    but also the interactions themselves are quite barren
    we don't need to quarrel about, the gameplay is barren :confused:

frisbie, picknick, swings, any sort of playing ball, badminton, hopscotch ... the game lacks lots of interactions

• Options
    TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    she could cook, gourmet cook, paint, play an instrument & write music, read or write books, craft objects, build her handiness skill & upgrade the objects in the house, flirt with the neighbor, go fishing, collect stones, collect MySims figurines, tend the garden, learn to tell jokes & write skits, play chess, build a rocket, play computer games, learn programming, play card games, spy on her neighbors, jog, bake cupcakes in the basement ...

I have her gardening but if you know what your doing keeping up with a garden does not take long. for the purpose of my story shes not meant to be very skilled. I also try not to skill to fast because so as I can stretch things out. I'v maxed out skills too quickly before and ended up getting board with the game because I had nothing left to do with the character.
    her traits are materialistic, mean and neat, with a fabulously rich aspiration. shes supposed to be a mean spirited, old-fashioned, home-bodied house wife.

All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    TayoChan wrote: »

I have her gardening but if you know what your doing keeping up with a garden does not take long. for the purpose of my story shes not meant to be very skilled. I also try not to skill to fast because so as I can stretch things out. I'v maxed out skills too quickly before and ended up getting board with the game because I had nothing left to do with the character.
    her traits are materialistic, mean and neat, with a fabulously rich aspiration. shes supposed to be a mean spirited, old-fashioned, home-bodied house wife.
    if you want to play a story then that's rather irksome in TS4

but maybe you should let her spy on her neighbors with the observatory
    read tons of novels & watch news & the kids channel on TV
    maybe playing cards ? but then she needs a neighbor to do that
    maybe she should develop the mischievious trait & play around with the voodoo doll :grimace:

& i think cupcakes would fit too :grimace:
  • Options
    TayoChan wrote: »

Sorry, my Sims' games were never about 'skilling' up, I prefer sandbox where if something happens on the way to the market I may go with that or not. Or just end it right then and there for the pesty Sim that irked my Sim that day. lol The Sims is not a game to 'win' and or use to skill and level up like some MMO. If that is what people enjoy now no wonder I hate (such a strong word) this game has turned to any other old rpg out there on the market.

Or any other old TM game where you skill up to beat the clock and 'level' up. Got a million of those short lived games. The Sims shouldn't even concern itself with leveling up for a goal to be met. It should be about the Sim and what happened when a neighbor jumped out of the bushes, angry at them for spying on them during the day with a telescope and knocks their block off for it. Oh, wait that is The Sims in the TS2. No wonder I am confused if I play an RPG in the TS4 or if I am playing a Life Simulator.
  • Options
    @Cinebar
    :cookie: have a cookie :smile:
    @TayoChan doesn't want to skill her
    i just suggested hobbies since i didn't know what sort of a sim she has to be