Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long till toddlers/ generations will arrive in TS4?

SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
so now that they have this new survey out.... How long do you think it will be till toddlers/ generations pack will arrive? I have only one baby in my game I am waiting to age up, and now that some of the sims in my game are beginning to move up in their career... I have been working on some relationships between young adults (I currently have aging turned off and have a ton of young adults )... I haven't yet had anyone get married ( other than a few families put in by maxis and a couple I had made families already ). I have a couple of churches I downloaded. Besides letting me know when u think toddlers will enter TS4... Do u have any wedding suggestions?
I hate typo's.... And I hate to re read my own posts for them.. Lol

Comments

• Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    If they're not already working on them then at least a year. At least.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    No one knows, really.
    It would either be never or someday soon.
    I wish we didn't have to guess like this and EA would stop being secretive like the Illuminati.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    If it takes a while to make a new life stage with animations and without it breaking the game, I say quite a long time ahead. Maybe later next year unless people want them rushed and problematic?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Probably never, they don't fit into the theme of TS4.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Toddlers will come when the time is right, but that time isn't right.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Woahbro1Woahbro1 Posts: 134 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm just going to take a wild guess and say somewhere near the middle of the Sims 4's life. Generations wasn't one of the earlier expansions for Sims 3, but we can't really guess from that. It's 2 new life stages if they go with Toddlers and Pre-Teens and that's a lot of routing, coding, and animations that have to be done right. It's probably going to be in late 2016 or Aprilish of 2017 (graduation year, yikes).
    5nj1c1.png
    Origin ID: woahbro1
  • Options
    Astro wrote: »
    Probably never, they don't fit into the theme of TS4.

Good point, the game was built from Olympus which was never intended to be a family play and as I already said in another thread, family play was rushed in while all the EPs and stuff coming out is recycled from Olympus
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Not sure really. I've heard the rumors and seen the untakable (at least for me) unofficial poll... I'm not holding my breath. In the mean time enjoying TS3 now that its old enough that a modern, middle of the road pc will actually play it (providing you have the suite of NRaas mods that is)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
    Oh gosh.... I hope they have been working on them and have them out soon! I miss them so much!
  • Options
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Not sure really. I've heard the rumors and seen the untakable (at least for me) unofficial poll... I'm not holding my breath. In the mean time enjoying TS3 now that its old enough that a modern, middle of the road pc will actually play it (providing you have the suite of NRaas mods that is)

My PC is 4 years old and is mid end. If I play any base game, EP or store world my game loads and saves in seconds. :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Persefone123Persefone123 Posts: 111 Member
    edited August 2015
    > @Colton147147 said:
    > Toddlers will come when the time is right, but that time isn't right.

ok, got it... English is not my first language :/
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited August 2015

My PC is 4 years old and is mid end. If I play any base game, EP or store world my game loads and saves in seconds. :smile:
    Nice. I was never that lucky. You are talking about TS3? I've never had one save in less than 2 minutes. They load up pretty fast though. 30 seconds maybe?

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'm gonna say this next time year. I doubt the Generations EP will be next but it's probable for it to be the 4th or 5th. If not then, then never.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options

Nice. I was never that lucky. You are talking about TS3? I've never had one save in less than 2 minutes. They load up pretty fast though. 30 seconds maybe?

I forgot to mention, I am talking about TS3 lol

I actually play my own world, made it in TS3, 355 lots, more than 400 Sims so in that case it takes slightly longer to load but nothing bad.

Save times can be 6 minutes, I use mods to keep things in check and have to limit play times with a computer restart break sometimes but that is due to the sheer size of things.

Crashes are rare but I used yo be a victim of the horrendous Save Error 12 on my old PC which had no trouble playing Sunset Valley but the game was not built for larger save files

Once I moved yo my new PC four years ago, it was a relief at last and I have had good times since then. I do wish they paid more attention to the Save Error issue though, and made it so TS4 could handle what TS3 did twice as fast but they took the back route so I am just sticking with TS3 :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    No one even knows if generations will for sure be made of it we'll ever get toddlers. There's a chance of it (as seen by the survey) but there's just no way of knowing. They could be working on it now, or 2 years from now - who knows...
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    OP, the Twelfth of Never.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »
    No one even knows if generations will for sure be made of it we'll ever get toddlers. There's a chance of it (as seen by the survey) but there's just no way of knowing. They could be working on it now, or 2 years from now - who knows...

I would say one years time at the earliest but the way things are going, I wouldn't even count on that, maybe 2017 once they have exhausted all of the 'party theme' stuff they are doing at the moment, not that they haven't exhausted it already lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
  • Options
    Persefone123Persefone123 Posts: 111 Member
    edited August 2015
    I don't know how long. I imagined before the first anniversary we would have them.The Sims 4 could easily be the best game in the franchise. It has a lot of charm and now we have Sims in HD. If the emotion system was improved, gameplay was added, story progression was improved, bugs were fixed and Sims had a little bit more personality (based on their traits), it could be a great game. If the retail system in GTW was better (like in TS2) it would also be good. The fans want some more family play and some improvements. Why not giving it to them? "Creative independency"? I just don't get why EA doesn't listen. So many people giving this game up. I know the development team can't become servants of the fans, they have to do their own thing most of the time. but what people are asking is so reasonable... I don't get it, really. Why not being a little more costumer friendly? Doesn't it bring more money in the end? EA seemed to be trying to get in the right direction some months ago but now this new expansion, Get Together... I have to say I'm disappointed. I know things have to change, including games. But sometimes I feel they are just telling the old simmers to give up the sims franchise. I hope that's not the case, though. I'll wait and see. sorry about the rant. :/
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Well, when a priority isn't a priority but turns into a survey a year later, what does that tell anyone? they ain't going to do them but blame the survey for having giving it a low score. I can see it now. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I doubt they will ever come, I don't see a generations pack coming either.. and that makes me sad. I seriously have not even played The Sims 4 since the announcement for the next E.P. To me it's a waste of time effort and money.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    abbyo48870abbyo48870 Posts: 166 Member
    edited August 2015
    I think everything will come at its own time. The developers wouldn't leave out things so their customers (the people with the moo-lah) could be disappointed.

I think they left things out and are just going to charge us to bring them back in our games. Leave out toddlers? Make us pay for them in an expansion.
    EiEgvr2.gif
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    No clue. At this point probably never, or it will be one of the last EP's they release, with my luck :(
  • Options
    ateKnaateKna Posts: 136 Member
    Some people are saying that the game was never intended as family play and that it might be hard to code in all the animations and other play related material for toddlers. I don't think the team has to take the approach of toddlers being Sims, however. Look at some of our recent objects, for example: the Ice Cream machine and the Dishwasher.
    The Ice Cream machine can interact with those Sims values that might be variables to control "hunger" or "bladder". The Dishwasher is seen as a game object that can be interacted upon, and it uses the code logic to "clean up the dishes on the lot." The baby object is also a game Object. It alters Sims state values and at a later stage, that baby object instantiates a Sim(object) ...AKA, the birth of a Sim. ?Why can't Toddlers be highly intractable Objects? They can have their own objects, such as toddler toys in the Sims 3. Their emotions, things like hunger, bladder, social, ect, do not have to be the same bladder, social and hunger as the Sims objects. Of course it would feel like that to the player, that the toddler hunger value carries over with him when he ages up, and it is the same value that goes with him through adulthood. But if the Toddlers are a separate object, then the toddler object will just get destroyed when the sims ages up, a Sim is instantiated, and the parameters for their genetics will be applied to the new Sim object. Even if this system doesn't exist in this exact same way for the Sims, it would still work for creating Toddlers. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Toddlers were game Objects in the Sims 3.
    So no, I don't think the delay we are getting in Toddlers is from trouble coding them into the game. They are probably testing them as we speak, as extensive testing takes ages, and they may be waiting to retro-actively ensure compatibility with future content.
    I would say we are getting some gentle content now, while they test the compatibility of other future content we will be getting.
    Simulation game programming is the hardest kind of programming that there is, imho. It takes the longest and is the most code intensive.