Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you miss from TS1?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    The bars and making wine. Magic and magic duals, the retail stores that sold all sorts of things you could buy, bring home, and eat or use. Candy. The vacation system and the snowboarding. The amusement parks. Real recipes and having to harvest and buy your own ingredients. Shopping for clothes and trying them on. No cell phones and the ability to create a world that didn't rely on technology for entertainment. The crank calls, the mariachi bands, etc... and the fact that risks were real and had an impact one whether you'd decide to do that again.

The cake dancers and the cage dancing. The feeling that when you went to the bar that you were really at a bar. The way sims would take offence to off-handed comments you could make while under the influence. The way sims became upset and stayed upset over things that should upset them.

The familiar parody on life and its harsh realities.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Nothing, because I tried it for 5 minutes, got repulsed by the graphics and went back to S2 LOL

It was the first PC game I ever had, got one free with my first PC. I loved it, you probably would have felt differently about it if you had played it first, like I did, before Sims 2.

• Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I miss the shops and restaurants so much. I love that you could have a diner with an ice cream stand, or a candy store or an expensive jewelry store... there was bunch of varied store decors. I love that you had to buy clothes if you wanted different clothes, you already have all the clothes in TS4. Also I miss being able to buy items and gift them as gifts. I used to make preserves on the preserve making station and gift them to all the neighbors.
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Well actually, I don't miss any of it, because...

I still play it!

Yes, I still have my original game with all my original cc (and 24 neighborhoods).

Nostalgia! Hold on while I go peer at Nessie...
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Well actually, I don't miss any of it, because...

I still play it!

Yes, I still have my original game with all my original cc (and 24 neighborhoods).

Nostalgia! Hold on while I go peer at Nessie...

I do too. I still enjoy it, but I would have liked to see much of it evolve into the other sims games. They could have done so much with it if they'd only take the risk.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Sitting there playing the perfect family with the perfect home -HEY! YOU! STOP! WHAT'S WITH THE CREEPY MUSIC?!- and a burglar appears. I used to actually scream.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    How easy it was to kill Sims. The carpools, the school buses, the taxis, the NPCs, the objects, the terrain tool, the pond tool, the family activities, and the multitasking. Plus children could do a lot more like play the guitar and feed the baby and paint.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    I miss the sims unique kind of comedy
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Justine Kea-...

Wait...

giphy.gif
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    On a more serious note, I miss the cake dancers ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

I do too. Having Drew Carey show up at the party was awesome.

I miss the magic town, how fun Superstar was, the beanstalk that would grow up to the sky. The awesome zydeco music for Unleashed (music was by Zydeco Flames if you want to look them up on Youtube). Crazy gnomes getting into the nectar. Claire the bear (and not a sim in a bear suit). Using the spinning wheel to spin straw into gold.

• Options

I miss the magic town, how fun Superstar was, the beanstalk that would grow up to the sky. The awesome zydeco music for Unleashed (music was by Zydeco Flames if you want to look them up on Youtube). Crazy gnomes getting into the nectar. Claire the bear (and not a sim in a bear suit). Using the spinning wheel to spin straw into gold.

I remember Drew Carey and Zthe mime. I had both turn up at a party at the same time once! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

I remember Drew Carey and Zthe mime. I had both turn up at a party at the same time once! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I miss the papergirl's whistle. I miss that horrible car with the plummy passenger side door your sim would get into when they first started a job. I miss the soundtrack and the music on the radio. I miss the voices of the sims.
  • Options
    I miss the papergirl's whistle. I miss that horrible car with the plummy passenger side door your sim would get into when they first started a job. I miss the soundtrack and the music on the radio. I miss the voices of the sims.

It is said that even Will alright did some of the voices, he was the one who introduced Simlish to the world! ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg