Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

babies and toddlers

ok I love the sims 4 but I wish there was more interations when havng babies. like in the sims 3 u was able to move about hold ya babies. not only this but when are we gonna get toddlers. really miss toddlers

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,716 Member
    I hear you. I don't like the fact that baby is tethered to the bassinet. EA, that is not a decent answer to the problem of Sims putting baby on the floor! It's a coding problem, in my nontechnical-minded opinion. Either have Sims hand the baby to another Sim, or place them back into a safe area; which could be one of several things. Babyseat; swing; play mat; crib. Anywhere but on the floor in the middle of the pathway into the house. face/palm. As for when toddlers will arrive, they're still under advisement on this issue. People are hoping for some definitive news.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I know a lot of baby items in Sims 3 were store content, but I really miss things like swing, mat, and stroller. I even miss actual cribs. The bassinets are so plain and boring. Unless a challenge is against it, I instantly age up babies because they are so boring. Which stinks cause I'm a family player and miss my toddlers and babies tremendously.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I would also be afraid that in this game they would make toddlers like they did young adults in sims 2 University, that you can only play them at daycare.
  • Options
    emzeo85emzeo85 Posts: 365 Member
    wish ea would listen to us simmers and bring out stuff we want rather than endless packs that kinda boring
  • Options
    I wish they take loading screen away to so annoying
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Me too. Have you seen what has been done for babies and toddlers for the Sims Freeplay yet? It is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HX12v5mxJM
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Scobre wrote: »
    Me too. Have you seen what has been done for babies and toddlers for the Sims Freeplay yet? It is pretty cool.

:o

Those look sooo cool and adorable! I want that little play kitchen in my game! :s
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member

Oh how I'd love toddlers running around in Superhero costumes in my game. :cry:
  • Options
    @Sigzy05 and @TS2MichaelD Yes I would love to have those things in the Sims 4 too. The modding and CC possibilities for toddlers and babies could be endless if babies ever get freed and toddlers are introduced in the game. It was beautiful seeing all the cool family things Simmers were able to create for the Sims 2 and 3 babies-teens.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Dexx216Dexx216 Posts: 50 Member
    On every platform that exists, Simmers are asking for Toddlers; I don't understand why the default opinion is that EA isn't listening? Company's pay millions of dollars for market research which in this case is being given for free. Why not consider that they are working on it, instead of assuming they aren't? For every person that wants toddlers, there's another person for whom toddlers are not a priority. They can't make everyone happy at the same time.

Now, as for babies...how boring that they basically just lay in a bassinet all day and any time they require something you have to run to them. I used keep the infants in whatever room the adults happened to be doing something so they were well taken care of and the adults didn't have to climb or descend flights of stairs to get to them or run inside from doing something else.

I miss toddlers as much as anyone else. Not going to lie, it was fun watching them get irritated; they had the best animations. I hope when they arrive they are well done, not rushed just to quiet the masses. If I'm EA, I would release them and the pre-teen age that has been mentioned bundled into an EP right around the holidays - they'll make a fortune.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Dexx216 wrote: »
    On every platform that exists, Simmers are asking for Toddlers; I don't understand why the default opinion is that EA isn't listening? Company's pay millions of dollars for market research which in this case is being given for free. Why not consider that they are working on it, instead of assuming they aren't? For every person that wants toddlers, there's another person for whom toddlers are not a priority. They can't make everyone happy at the same time.

Now, as for babies...how boring that they basically just lay in a bassinet all day and any time they require something you have to run to them. I used keep the infants in whatever room the adults happened to be doing something so they were well taken care of and the adults didn't have to climb or descend flights of stairs to get to them or run inside from doing something else.

I miss toddlers as much as anyone else. Not going to lie, it was fun watching them get irritated; they had the best animations. I hope when they arrive they are well done, not rushed just to quiet the masses. If I'm EA, I would release them and the pre-teen age that has been mentioned bundled into an EP right around the holidays - they'll make a fortune.
    I wouldn't buy an EP just to get toddlers. For preteens, maybe but all the life stages would need to be fleshed out more as well. I expect toddlers in a patch because Maxis did promise all life stages including toddlers and pulled them out before the game got released. Plus I don't see how supernaturals can work with toddlers if patches for toddlers have to be done every single time an EP is released. I mean trend could follow Get Together in which there will be no more supernaturals after aliens anyway. So if they can't figure out how to patch them into the Sims 4, then I rather just see all the life stages done well in the Sims 5. Toddlers are just one thing of what was done poorly in the life stages for the Sims 4. Babies, children, teen, and elders are all lacking things as well and no not just EP stuff, but base game content things too.
  • Options
    Dexx216Dexx216 Posts: 50 Member
    I think toddlers will likely come a la the dishwasher, ahead of an EP with pre-teens. Not sure what that would be though. It's little consolation now, but I bet you this much, The Sims 5 will issue with all life stages.

When they do arrive, want them to be the needy cry babies they were in S3. I want them to shake those cribs to rubble, pound the high chairs, strollers, and swings like maniacs. Refuse to get of those bouncy things - all of that. And if they can escape the crib as in S2, so much the better. For some reason I only played adults in S2...I never bothered with any of my Sims having children so I missed out on that.
  • Options
    so much we need so much we don't like loading screen everytime u wanna go to town
  • Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    edited August 2015
    I agree - I always used to think it was so adorable how you could carry your baby or toddler around with you or take them to the park or wherever really in TS3 and, if you met up with a friend or a relative, they could hold the baby too. Babies are way too limited in TS4 and it is annoying that they're stuck in the bassinet 24/7. It also bothers me that children have about 90% of the same interactions adults have, rather than interactions that are just more child-like and playful, if that makes sense? And also that teens were just rushed and made into skinny young adults.

There are a lot of things I love about TS4, but I have to say family play was so much better back in TS3.
    duck.jpg
  • Options
    totally agree si shady. there lot of things I hate but things I do love.only hope they sort the things out and get rid of loading screen everytime u wanna send ya sim sumwhere
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member

I want them to have tht cute kitchen toy as shown in tht trailer. I have seen them in rl and used to have one.
    I also want indoor play areas which you can control them in and for the play areas to not be rabbit holes. Making your own custom play area out of different pieces (slides, bouncy giant balls, soft cushioned floor parts, extra level floor parts, shooty toys, ball pools, glass floor pieces for 2nd floor fun, crawl up cushioned ladders, indoor soccer areas, etc etc and other indoor play area items)
    I want water parks too that you can build your own of and they're not rabbit holes with water accessories (water pourers, splash zones, water guns, water slides of all kinds, jungle water areas, lazy rivers, racing water slides, pirate water toys, wave pools, etc etc and so much more).
    The return of imaginary friends. Your sim can buy one for their baby/toddler/kid/preteen and even teen! They are available at the all new toy store. The toy store stocks all kinda of awesome toys for all ages from baby to elder. Your sims can now play with their kids. The toy store isn't a rabbit hole and it also stocks video games!
    However, I think my want for more places to play and more toys is unrealistic and will never happen. I'd love a playtime expansion pack sooooo much and I think others would love the idea too. It'd make toddlers more realistic. It would also include toddlers and preteens. I just want more fun things for our sims to do like playing with their kids in the play areas and water zones. I just want more little fun details like these to make family players happy and everyone else will enjoy the fun themes. I'm not a family player but this would be a great way for ea to make some cash.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited August 2015
    I can't believe how a mobile game of the sims have the full life stages while the PC one lacking it.
    This has to be the biggest shame medal hanged at EA's office.
    Post edited by halimali1980 on
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I must be the only one that doesn't mind that the babies are stuck to the bassinets. Carrying around your babies was nice. But most of the time my sims put the babies on the floor and left them like that. And then sometimes sims would kidnap babies and even toddlers, because they we're holding them before the needed to leave.

I once played an I'm Surrounded By Iditos challenge in The Sims 3. One of my sims got an invitation to a party. So he left, with the baby in his arms... And then he left the baby on the cold, wet ground and proceeded to enter the house where the party was :D It's kind of funny when you think of it. But yeah, it was kind of annoying when they left the babies everywhere but the cradle!
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I liked having the pram in TS3. I would have my sim mum wander aimlessly with her toddler in the pram. Now that my annoyance for the game, that was largely created by the lagging, has simmered down I remember some of the good things about TS3.
    However, I still prefer TS4. But I might re-download TS3 with the new windows 10 to see if there is a difference! :)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    The babies aren't even a life stage in my opinion. All they get is a crib that they are confined to for their whole existence as babies.
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    TS3's home babysitter career is great. I enjoy it very much, a whole lot of fun and hectic is why I like it. I hope they would think about bringing that to the TS4 if they ever do create toddlers. At the moment I had to clear more room for all the tots my Sim is taking care of in her home. lol It's so much fun but she is worn out by the time the parents come to get them all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    emmaning wrote: »

I want them to have tht cute kitchen toy as shown in tht trailer. I have seen them in rl and used to have one.
    I also want indoor play areas which you can control them in and for the play areas to not be rabbit holes. Making your own custom play area out of different pieces (slides, bouncy giant balls, soft cushioned floor parts, extra level floor parts, shooty toys, ball pools, glass floor pieces for 2nd floor fun, crawl up cushioned ladders, indoor soccer areas, etc etc and other indoor play area items)
    I want water parks too that you can build your own of and they're not rabbit holes with water accessories (water pourers, splash zones, water guns, water slides of all kinds, jungle water areas, lazy rivers, racing water slides, pirate water toys, wave pools, etc etc and so much more).
    The return of imaginary friends. Your sim can buy one for their baby/toddler/kid/preteen and even teen! They are available at the all new toy store. The toy store stocks all kinda of awesome toys for all ages from baby to elder. Your sims can now play with their kids. The toy store isn't a rabbit hole and it also stocks video games!
    However, I think my want for more places to play and more toys is unrealistic and will never happen. I'd love a playtime expansion pack sooooo much and I think others would love the idea too. It'd make toddlers more realistic. It would also include toddlers and preteens. I just want more fun things for our sims to do like playing with their kids in the play areas and water zones. I just want more little fun details like these to make family players happy and everyone else will enjoy the fun themes. I'm not a family player but this would be a great way for ea to make some cash.
    Those are great ideas and I would love to have them. I could see an EP fleshing out a toddler patch more. But it would be funny if real babies were put into an EP. That alone would drive up sales along with the preteens. Putting toddlers in the EP is something that would not encourage a lot of Simmers. I know I would just give up completely on this iteration if that were to happen. So it not only would effect the generations EP sales, but sales for all the other packs as well just like how some Simmers skipped the Sims 3. In the end, it is Maxis' decision if they want to make record sales or not.