Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't find dirty item!! [Resolved]

SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
My sims get a negative "unpleasant surroundings" moodlet everytime they go into the kitchen. They just moved into the house so I knew there wasn't anything there, but I have looked everywhere and can't find the source! I looked under every cabinet, made sure all the counters were cleaned, replaced the fridge, made sure the fridge was cleaned out, replaced the stove...and it's still there! Any thoughts?

Resolution: It was the microwave. As soon as I replaced it, the moodlet went away. I guess it was a glitch because the microwave was empty. Oh well! Happy to have it resolved! Thanks everyone.
15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
Post edited by SimChelle1982 on

Comments

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Do you have any fish tanks in your kitchen?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    There is one in the living room, and it is an open floor plan, so it could have something to do with the fish tank. It doesn't give me an option to clean it though.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Check your inventory...
  • Options
    Fish have a freshness quality timer thing with them and it's unnaturally short so once they become foul, they will give you a bad moodlet. And there's no way to clean it. I'm pretty sure it's a bug because it's the dumbest thing ever. I would remove your fish and see if the moodlet goes away. And you can buy fish to put in the tank that will never go foul.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Does one of your sims have the clean trait (I always have one in the house)? If so, click them. If they have cleaning frenzy choice, click it and they will clean everything. Or, try hiring a maid for one day only. I gave a sim the squeamish trait and he gets an unpleasent surroundings moodlet near things like the fish tank or frogs or anything he thinks is "icky".
  • Options
    I made my sim stand in front of the tank and the moodlet went away. When I had her go back to the kitchen, it came back :(
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Also, make sure you don't have a shelf that has a plate stashed on it. I'm not sure, but I think books laying around might cause this too... Never hurts to put them away and see.
  • Options
    Hmm...it's really hard to tell what the problem is if we don't get a picture.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    I figured it out!! It was the microwave. I have no idea why because it was totally empty but when I replaced it, the moodlet went away. Yay! Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Lessee...I've found dirty things in/under the microwave, in the wall, under the coffee pot, usually if I dropped it when I was trying to drag it to the sink/fridge/wastebasket. For the wall, go outside and look, it may be sticking out. The other day I dropped a cake and it flew across the room and stuck on the stairway, prolly because I had MOO on? Lucky I found it before it went bad. The sims also stash dirty plates/cups/glasses on shelves they really can't reach, open slots of bookcases and occasional tables, on half walls, and on the floor in nooks if you have any. The empty glasses are the worst, they're lovely and clear, so realistic. Sometimes they sneak off and grab a drink from the fridge and there you have it. Doesn't sound like you've had a party. The caterers will put cutting boards in the weirdest places if they run out of counter space. Once in my game one left a cake in the oven, but you said you replaced the stove.
  • Options
    Lessee...I've found dirty things in/under the microwave, in the wall, under the coffee pot, usually if I dropped it when I was trying to drag it to the sink/fridge/wastebasket. For the wall, go outside and look, it may be sticking out. The other day I dropped a cake and it flew across the room and stuck on the stairway, prolly because I had MOO on? Lucky I found it before it went bad. The sims also stash dirty plates/cups/glasses on shelves they really can't reach, open slots of bookcases and occasional tables, on half walls, and on the floor in nooks if you have any. The empty glasses are the worst, they're lovely and clear, so realistic. Sometimes they sneak off and grab a drink from the fridge and there you have it. Doesn't sound like you've had a party. The caterers will put cutting boards in the weirdest places if they run out of counter space. Once in my game one left a cake in the oven, but you said you replaced the stove.

Thank you so much. I actually found the issue. It was the microwave, but you're right, they leave dishes all over the half wall! When I have a party at the house, the cleanup is a nightmare haha

• Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Thank you so much. I actually found the issue. It was the microwave, but you're right, they leave dishes all over the half wall! When I have a party at the house, the cleanup is a nightmare haha
    Oh, good, you're welcome, nothing worse than not knowing where the offending object is.