Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

custom content not working?

ijeomaijeoma Posts: 12 New Member
edited August 2015 in CAS Custom Content
every time I try to download cc from tsr or some other sites, it doesn't show up, but it shows up in the box of cc that u downloaded when you first load the game. I've already tried redownloading the cc and I already tried deleting the mods folder. I contacted tsr but they haven't fully replied yet. I have version 1.7.65.1020 of sims 4. I don't have any packs, just the base game. I already made sure script mods is checked, and that laptop mode is unchecked. idk what to do anymore. PLEASE HELP! :s

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    someone please reply
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    What Kind of CC are you downloading? Example: Hair, Clothes, Shoes, Skintones?
  • Options
    @marystarbright all of what you listed.
  • Options
    I am not a tech person so I will have to ask questions as I go. I know that TSR is is not just CC, They also have just recolors of all those Items which can cause a problem if you try to download recolors of EA items. All the CC has player created meshs that they have to upload, But when an EA item is recolored the mesh is not supposed to be uploaded (That would take money out of EA's pocke)t. So the next question is are the downloads player created content(CC) or EA recolors? Also have you gone to MTS and looked at their tutorial on how to set up the mods folder?
  • Options
    @marystarbright you're way more helpful than the ppl I have contacted. (they haven't even replied yet) :) that's a good question. they are custom content. and I will go into mts and check out the tutorial.
  • Options
    Let me know if the tutorial works.
  • Options
    also, can you send me a link to the tutorial because I can't seem to find it.
  • Options
    ^ @marystarbright
  • Options
    I have another question, When you say it does not show up do you mean there is no custom picture or that there is a custom picture but it is not showing the item you downloaded?
  • Options
    thank you. I will let you know if it helped or not. I'm tired so I'm gonna go to sleep. lol
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    Hello.
    If you have subfolders in the mods folder, you need to edit the resource.cfg file so as the game can recognise the files.
    This link explains how to edit the file.
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=531644

• Options
    @marystarbright I did the things the tutorials told me to do out it still didn't work.

@rosemow I don't have subfolders.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    ijeoma wrote: »
    someone please reply

Please give us a chance to reply. We are all in different time zones. You didn't even give us a few hour before you were bumping a post that was already at the top of the queue. We weren't ignoring you.

That said, if you have downloaded recolors they will not show as a separate item. They will be under the original item.

Could you please provide the name of one of the items you have downloaded? I would like to take a look.

• Options
    @Bananas_45 I misspelled something in the comment above it, (I'm new to this site) and I didn't know how to edit it, so I added another comment correcting it. then I saw that you can edit it, and I was like ohh. so I was thinking there's no point of keeping the comment with the correction since I can edit it. so then I just decided to change the words that I misspelled. for the second comment I didn't know how to delete it so I just changed it to "someone please reply". again I am new and I was thinking ppl just don't feel like relying on here. and I had no intention of rushing you guys. but anyways okay I will give you a name.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    its on tsr and it is the pralinesims' au naturel lipstick duo
  • Options
    @marystarbright there is no custom picture.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    11889441_1015373238494450_9140551620901459411_n.jpg?oh=9456376aacdcff5f26d3baff39068096&oe=5635DAA2

This picture show how that lipstick should show in CAS. I removed my makeup folder so that only that lipstick would show.I finally figured out how to post the picture.
  • Options
    You need to update your game, the latest numbers for PC: 1.10.57.1020 for MAC: 1.10.57.1220. Not having your game fully updated can cause issues (Not all the time but sometimes the CC does not show with out the update being done). So try updating the Aug 6th patch then reinstall the CC and see if it shows up then.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    okay thank you. I had a feeling I had to do that.
    Post edited by ijeoma on