Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time for The Sims franchise to get some "friendly" competition.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing the Sims. HOWEVER, by not interacting with fans and dishing out shortcoming SPs, GPs, EPs is NOT OK. This is our hard earned cash that we are giving to them. Only to have our requests not be acknowledged in the way they should. Questions keep getting unanswered. Smh. The foolery is getting a bit much. I thought when you advance, you're aiming to become greater than before?
This is a small thought of how I really feel since we continue to not have our request not be taken for positive growth. So if they had some competition from someone who understands their fans and goes above and beyond to make them happy; iont think the Sims would stand a chance.
Sorry not sorry

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited August 2015
    I hope any company who challenges Maxis in life simulation fails. >:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    CallMeTaliBabiiCallMeTaliBabii Posts: 131 Member
    Lol oh gosh. I'm not bout to play with you today #trollface
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

That's going to take a lot of patience. And also the acknowledgement that Colton is full of every word that will be replaced by (plum).

But, to contribute to the actual topic, I've seen some videos from alphas and betas of new Life Simulation games. I think even the studio behind Cities: Skylines indicated they'd like to try it themselves as well. That got a real cheer from people upset with SimCity.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    We should all band together and make our own sims game.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member

inb4 that idea becomes a nightmare
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I see nothing wrong with healthy competition, but I happen to like the stuff they are putting out. People wanted buffet tables, and hot tubs, and new kitchen appliances, and dishwashers.... Maxis has put them all out there... And on the new survey they are talking about a generations pack with toddlers and preteens. If another company does try to compete with the sims, it's going to be a long haul for them.... I wish them luck.... I imagine just running this forum costs Maxis money....
  • Options
    Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    Yes please! It's time to hae another life simulation game :) until then EA will finally "care" (fear about their money :unamused: )
    It would be great to have what we've been asking for since TS4 launch, like paradox did with Cities Skylines, and now nobody remembers SimCity 2013.
    ENolan wrote: »

That's going to take a lot of patience. And also the acknowledgement that Colton is full of every word that will be replaced by (plum).

But, to contribute to the actual topic, I've seen some videos from alphas and betas of new Life Simulation games. I think even the studio behind Cities: Skylines indicated they'd like to try it themselves as well. That got a real cheer from people upset with SimCity.

Are you serious? I want to watch them! you have gave me a little hope :smiley:
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I see nothing wrong with healthy competition, but I happen to like the stuff they are putting out. People wanted buffet tables, and hot tubs, and new kitchen appliances, and dishwashers.... Maxis has put them all out there... And on the new survey they are talking about a generations pack with toddlers and preteens. If another company does try to compete with the sims, it's going to be a long haul for them.... I wish them luck.... I imagine just running this forum costs Maxis money....
    i can say can be pretty easy, basically maxis is selling things whcih where in base game.

what others companies just need to do is actually put all the things maxis take out from base game and put in base game, have less pack and more content in base then boom, end of maxis and sims because for ea add more "base game" will be too "difficult and expensive".

bethesda in E3 showed for mobile a "litte fallout sims" game this show they can be actually interesting in try a life simulator even the new fallout 4 have a lot of life simulator game, you gonna have to "rebuild cities" hiring and find npcs to live in your town and help protect it, the game will gonna have a economy they are trying to add a lot of "life simualtor aspects" but will be in a after apocalypse world.

for single player from a strong and very know company bethesda is the only i know so far with interesting on that.

for multiplayer or you can find a lot a one very good which strong promise if you don't care multiplayer is identity(will be like a mmo where you can "host the game and choose be public or private) where the game already a lot of content in dev a really lot of things and the game focus will be life simulator but in multiplayer will be something like what second life was supposed to be but which high quality graphics and engineer.

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited August 2015
    Reality is, if The Sims were to get some competition and the other company released a far superior product, The Sims would end up like SimCity. Paradox came in and completely stole the show for city simulation; EA will probably never release another SimCity now that the competition has stolen the market. A good life simulator would put Maxis out of business and EA would take a tremendous loss with all of the money they bring in on DLC.

I'm not wishing for anything, but Maxis does leave the door wide open for someone else to come in and deliver where they can't seem too.
  • Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    Someone needs to. Maybe it will put some fear in them where they would stop being greedy and start putting out quality games and content again.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Reality is, if The Sims were to get some competition and the other company released a far superior product, The Sims would end up like SimCity. Paradox came in and completely stole the show for city simulation; EA will probably never release another SimCity now that the competition has stolen the market. A good life simulator would put Maxis out of business and EA would take a tremendous loss with all of the money they bring in on DLC.

I'm not wishing for anything, but Maxis does leave the door wide open for someone else to come in and deliver where they can't seem too.

yeah prety much did, with sims 4 they did exactly the same chance to others companies as simcity to "easy release a bette game" and stolen the costumers from them.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I hope paradox interactive publishes a life sim game. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Ellessarr wrote: »

yeah prety much did, with sims 4 they did exactly the same chance to others companies as simcity to "easy release a bette game" and stolen the costumers from them.

I agree. Maxis hasn't released a quality product in years. They really only had 2 successful video game franchises and they destroyed SimCity themselves. There is no blaming it on time or resources, they flat out shipped a bad game and then couldn't even be honest with players when reactions to the game were overly negative. The Sims could go either way; Maxis executives could get their head out of the clouds and deliver something with quality, or they could release more EP's that don't address anything players want.
  • Options
    temestemes Posts: 175 Member
    edited August 2015
    I like Sims 4 a lot, but competition is always a good thing, so I wouldn't mind. It would be interesting to see how some other developer designs a life simulator game.
  • Options
    icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    I have no sympathy nor loyalty anymore to Sims4 or the devs. Gamescom was the last straw for me. They are attempting damage control with the poll, thinking they will keep family players hooked a little longer with seeing the word *toddler* in the poll. There is no guarantee toddlers will ever be in Sims 4. In the meantime they keep pushing out as much party, single life DLC as they can. They refuse to acknowledge any questions about family play or toddlers.

They need a good kick up the rear end. They choose to ignore long time loyal family players, so be it. I choose to hold onto my money and give it to another dev whenever they enter into the life simulator game. if they loose money from a new competitor in the market, so be it. They brought it on themselves.
  • Options
    Woahbro1Woahbro1 Posts: 134 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    I hope paradox interactive publishes a life sim game. :)

It'd be interesting to see how a new company interprets such a game. However, Paradox stated that they're not looking towards a LifeSim somewhere recently on their Twitter. While I do like Sims being the head honcho of LifeSims and I do love the Sims 4 and the changes they're making to improve it, it'd be a wake up call and it would be rather entertaining to see Maxis kick into overdrive and deliver swift and finishing justice to put any competition to shame by releasing content and patches to make the Sims 4 a formidable continuation of the series. Basically, "We run this show and we'll show you how it's actually done."
    5nj1c1.png
    Origin ID: woahbro1
  • Options
    Bonsai747Bonsai747 Posts: 121 Member
    edited August 2015
    The Sims has needed some friendly competition for a LONG time. Either that or EA really need to get their 🐸🐸🐸🐸 together.

Up until that Gamescom presentation, I had hope that The Sims 4 was going to get better. I still have hope that The Sims 4 is going to get better. However, that tiny slither of hope took a massive hit when they opened with a trailer that I hate, and I personally think completely mis-represents the series. Then, almost all of that remaining hope was destroyed when Rachael took a SELFIE, and DANCED ON STAGE.

Seriously, EA needs to start caring about their work, and stop pumping out plum.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I really hope another company tries and succeeds. Ea have their heads far to up their own 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to give a care about their customers.

I wonder when will people realize all of the free stuff and expansion/ stuff packs game packs were just stuff that they had planned to release in the first place with the base game. Only reason toddlers are on the survey now is because they have ran out of the content. So they figured to let you guys pay for it. For " new" content.

So yeah, I really hope another company that tries.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

inb4 that idea becomes a nightmare

LOL! Classic :sweat_smile:

I agree, this isn't for the fans, but yeah, some healthy competition would be nice. I would kill for Will Wright to snatch this baby back and be all like: THIS IS THE SIMS (in his best Spartan yell of course).
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    It's not just about toddlers, it's that the focus of the Sims 4 is wrong. The Sims has always been about creativity and allowing users to set up their world and characters the way they want to. The Sims 4 took away so many of those tools that allowed players to create. No create a world, no terrain tools, no CASt, everything is so limited, basically the focus of the game is on goals and achievements that the developers set out. That's not what we want.

An amazing game like the Sims shouldn't be limited by the developers, we want more freedom and power to create!
  • Options
    It's not just about toddlers, it's that the focus of the Sims 4 is wrong. The Sims has always been about creativity and allowing users to set up their world and characters the way they want to. The Sims 4 took away so many of those tools that allowed players to create. No create a world, no terrain tools, no CASt, everything is so limited, basically the focus of the game is on goals and achievements that the developers set out. That's not what we want.

An amazing game like the Sims shouldn't be limited by the developers, we want more freedom and power to create!

You are absolutely right! What's "wrong" with The Sims 4 runs way deeper than toddlers. I could not agree more with everything you said.

The developers have limited so much and they act as if it's no big deal that their game doesn't compare to the other games.
  • Options
    LittleMeow93LittleMeow93 Posts: 63 Member
    > @Colton147147 said:
    > I hope any company who challenges Maxis in life simulation fails. >:)

Maxis no longer has anything to do with the game. EA runs the show. Sorry :(
    Origin Name: LittleMeow93
    flag-australia.png
  • Options
    Bonsai747Bonsai747 Posts: 121 Member
    > @Colton147147 said:
    > I hope any company who challenges Maxis in life simulation fails. >:)

Maxis no longer has anything to do with the game. EA runs the show. Sorry :(

Umm... Maxis is a division of EA. EA publishes The Sims, but the Maxis division of EA makes it. That's the way it always has been, since The original Sims.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :)
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    The Sims DEFINITELY needs good competition. EA has gotten so comfortable in their monopoly. The way content distribution was handled in The Sims 3 (more expensive EPs than before, with less content, less content for SPs, and the Store), and then the way that The Sims 4 is being handled in entirety is solid proof of this.

The Sims 4 is the very definition of a travesty. It's time for the torch to be passed.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    O yes I agree, if they had competition they actually give it there all with this game in order to keep their fan base. They would put some effort into their game, listen to the fans, and work with us to create the ultimate sims game that everyone can enjoy and love. Some day i hope it happens, they need to be scared awake.
    giphy.gif