Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Apartments Should be Done

If you find this post by scrolling through every single post, good for you! Anyway, with the room system in the Sims 4, it could make it a lot easier to make apartments if they're done in the Sims 2 style. You could either place down an area in a foundation style, and drag over the area you want to designate as an apartment, or, how I'm hoping they do it, you select the rooms that you want to make one apartment and click a button to confirm that as one singular unit. Feedback, Comments, Criticisms, and Cookies are all appreciated!
Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
xyIcMqt.png

Comments

• Options
    SapphireSpiritSapphireSpirit Posts: 91 Member
    That's a really good idea :) who knows maybe we will have an expansion on that it would be cool B) .
  • Options
    JoshuaSkylarJoshuaSkylar Posts: 158 Member
    As long as no loading screen is needed to across the hall, or down the elevator/stairs, I'm fine with whatever. :flushed:
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Yeah, it would be cool if you could also rent rooms.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    @JoshuaSkylar I'd like if they do apartments like in the Sims 2 because then you wouldn't need loading screens for every single household you want to visit.

@Mightydan I hope that you could also buy apartments once you have money to afford it. Like you start with renting, but then you could buy a unit once you build up enough funds. I would love to see individual townhouses owned by separate families on one lot and next to each other!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    I want the door lock feature improved upon so I can select multiple specific sims to have access to one room, not just one or everyone. Besides that I would love to see apartments make a comeback Sims 2 style. More unique interactions and animations, roommates, rent, different kinds and qualities in high rises, elevators, etc.
    11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    @beastcam1 I hope that they will put back choosing which sims on the lots have which access to a certain room. I hope that you could designate certain rooms at being accessible to guests, but others that they can't get into unless invited or something that grants them access to that room. I'm just wondering how they would do high rises, they would look odd on the map the way it is now.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    For me there should be two types of Apartments, residential and commercial.

That way we could build our stores and maybe even restaurants in an apartment inside of a building.

They should work like in TS2 when visiting other sims's apartments, we go inside one and everything apears in sort of a fading animation.

With landlords and the roommate system as well, with sims being able to rent apartments as well.

Along with building parties with all the neighbors.

I would love to see also the Mayor/Politics career in this type of pack.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    The mayor career would be very interesting. I would love if you had to go around on a campaign that you could directly influence and control! You could hire a team to help you and they would go around convincing people to vote for you. It would be a lot more interesting!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    > @beastcam1 said:
    > I want the door lock feature improved upon so I can select multiple specific sims to have access to one room, not just one or everyone. Besides that I would love to see apartments make a comeback Sims 2 style. More unique interactions and animations, roommates, rent, different kinds and qualities in high rises, elevators, etc.

You can select multiply specific sims to have access. You use one sims and select "Lock for all except (that sim)" but then you can select other sims and click the locked door and select "allow access for (other sim)" and so on. Of course that will only work for sims in household, but it's useful.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I was a broke person at the end of sims 2 and never got the last two expansions, so I don't know how apartments worked, but it seems like it could work how vacation did with the hotels. Just in more of an apartmenty way.

They seem like they'd be simple enough to do/designate with a specific apartment front door, then everything accesed through that door is one apartment. That way we can maybe do more like townhouses, or duplexes. I really hope we do get apartments.
  • Options
    Yeah. The only time I can ever play The Sims 2 with all its expansions is when my sister comes to visit, but I loved playing with apartment life! Designating apartments with a door would make it simple, but I would like a choice to what the front door of my apartment is. Like with The Sims 2, they did that idea, but you were restricted to one or two styles of doors and that was it. The room system would help in customizing all aspects of an apartment, including what the front door looks like. :)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    I've been thinking on how they would do high rises, and I though that they could split a high rise into sections, like how they did in the Sims 3. Like only one section could be active at a time, but all households and/or venues on that floor would be active. And this could work with @Sigzy05 idea on residential and commercial apartments, because you could designate sections as being either commercial or residential.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    > @HIFreeBirdIH said:
    > Yeah. The only time I can ever play The Sims 2 with all its expansions is when my sister comes to visit, but I loved playing with apartment life! Designating apartments with a door would make it simple, but I would like a choice to what the front door of my apartment is. Like with The Sims 2, they did that idea, but you were restricted to one or two styles of doors and that was it. The room system would help in customizing all aspects of an apartment, including what the front door looks like. :)

Or they could make any door assignable as an apartment door. :) It would be simple that way, then you can have "apartments" set up any way you'd like as well. Because I've got a really nice triple townhouse I made and would love to play finally.
  • Options
    That would be really nice to do. I just hope you don't have to do it in live mode. I miss the days when shift-clicking on an objects allowed you to edit it in build mode.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    reading1515reading1515 Posts: 4 New Member
    It would be nice to have A Sim's4 Uptown pack to include apartments and town houses (commercial and residential) with the added attraction of drivable cars and parking space. Also the expansion Seasons ,they already have the clothes so why not bring in the rain and the sunshine. A new vacation area could be included with this pack.
  • Options
    @reading1515 It would be nice if they could add cars back into this expansion and certainly make it more city-like. I've noticed in the GTW work world for the Doctor and Police careers that there's a lot more traffic there than in any of the other neighborhoods. It would make it more lively like how those taxis just drove around Bridgeport in Late Night. As for the seasons, I think that would be much better if they put it in its own separate pack. There's only so much you can do with weather in the city. :P A vacation would be nice, but I'm not sure what it would be. You can throw some ideas at me on my page if you want to discuss it more.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    These ideas are so cool :) ! I really hope they do make an expansion. Also, maybe you can select apartments as a venue but the room system and doors would be better B) !
  • Options
    FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member
    edited August 2015
    Definitley apartments should be like in TS2 !

In TS3 the apartments were the biggest disappointment for me, when I only could use one and the other got blocked by NPCs :(

@Sigzy05 Great Ideas !

Edit:

I also would like, if it would be possible to have "little" careers in an apartment pack. All the jobs like barkeeper and trainer playable with little money. Does anyone else have the feeling too, it's to easy to get rich with the careers ?
    For me, who don't like NPCs at all would it be wonderfull anyway ;)
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Faridah wrote: »
    Definitley apartments should be like in TS2 !

In TS3 the apartments were the biggest disappointment for me, when I only could use one and the other got blocked by NPCs :(

@Sigzy05 Great Ideas !

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I have a lot of apartment type lots, but I do use the locking mod to achieve it (much more powerful than the one added in the patch)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    @ModerateOsprey I hope that if they come back and revamp the locked doors up to the mod's standards, that that will mean an Expansion with apartments is coming, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    @ModerateOsprey I hope that if they come back and revamp the locked doors up to the mod's standards, that that will mean an Expansion with apartments is coming, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

I am hoping so as well. The mod lock is brilliant, but there are some things about the ingame lock I also like, some more functionality for that would be most welcome.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    @HIFreeBirdIH I like your "De Blob" profile Pic btw B)
  • Options
    @SapphireSpirit Thank you so much! I was wondering if anyone else knew about the game. Also, any more suggestions for apartments?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Here you go, a box of lava chocolate chip cookies :3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.