Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i don't see the point

in the new dishwashers when the routing is so bad that even when i have my sims load the dishwasher, they instead take the plates to the sink to wash... and not the kitchen sink, no that would be too easy - they choose the upstairs bathroom sink.

look i love the sims 4. i've never been one of those that boycotted it because of lack of features - i think it is a big step up in terms of style and gameplay. but jeeze, it's the littlest things that need to be fixed at this point and of course, they're being glossed over to release ice cream makers and chocolate fountains.

anyway, any one else having weird routing issues re: the dishwasher?

Comments

• Options
    ttyoxoxttyoxox Posts: 79 Member
    My dishwashers work fine.

Ask your dishwasher to work nicely.
  • Options
    LafrouLafrou Posts: 204 Member
    Yes, the dishwasher is the closest washing implement to where they usually eat, but they will often take their dishes all the way to the bathroom sink to wash them. They don't even go to the kitchen sink. :neutral:
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I never saw the point for the dishwasher in the Sims, but I could change my mind if they patch a dishwasher in my RL house for free..
  • Options
    klmorganklmorgan Posts: 229 Member
    ttyoxox wrote: »
    My dishwashers work fine.

Ask your dishwasher to work nicely.

I've tried. I even bought it a drink.
  • Options
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I never saw the point for the dishwasher in the Sims, but I could change my mind if they patch a dishwasher in my RL house for free..

Given that my kitchen sink is missing a pipe at the moment, I agree with this sentiment 100%.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    I have my dishwasher right next to my kitchen sink and my sims always use the dishwasher.

What others reported to work: remove all sinks from the house, replace dishwasher and queue a clean. Afterwards you should be able to add back sinks to house and have your sims continue to use the dishwasher

Also clicking on the dishwasher to queue it up instead of the sink works for others, HTH
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    I have my dishwasher right next to my kitchen sink and my sims always use the dishwasher.

What others reported to work: remove all sinks from the house, replace dishwasher and queue a clean. Afterwards you should be able to add back sinks to house and have your sims continue to use the dishwasher

Also clicking on the dishwasher to queue it up instead of the sink works for others, HTH

Oh I mean, I've tried that. I searched the forums/fansites for solutions before I made a thread :)
    But it isn't as if routing hasn't been an issue from the get go. It's just the little things that bum me out about a game I truly do love.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    klmorgan wrote: »

Oh I mean, I've tried that. I searched the forums/fansites for solutions before I made a thread :)
    But it isn't as if routing hasn't been an issue from the get go. It's just the little things that bum me out about a game I truly do love.

Sorry it didn't work for you :( if I find other work arounds all I post.
  • Options

Sorry it didn't work for you :( if I find other work arounds all I post.

Oh thank you!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    klmorgan wrote: »
    in the new dishwashers when the routing is so bad that even when i have my sims load the dishwasher, they instead take the plates to the sink to wash... and not the kitchen sink, no that would be too easy - they choose the upstairs bathroom sink.

look i love the sims 4. i've never been one of those that boycotted it because of lack of features - i think it is a big step up in terms of style and gameplay. but jeeze, it's the littlest things that need to be fixed at this point and of course, they're being glossed over to release ice cream makers and chocolate fountains.

anyway, any one else having weird routing issues re: the dishwasher?

There are a few bugs having your sink near the dishwasher will make it not work. Also if you have certain things on top of them they won't work either.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Have you tried to remove the sinks for about one or two Sims days? Since they have some sort of preference toward objects they use often, maybe they need to develop a preference for the dishwasher
  • Options
    @SiliClone mhm, definitely tried that. it was also in a newly built home though - the sims didn't really have time to build a preference. i would queue up the load dishwasher action and they would just take their dishes to the sink regardless. in other households, they would use the dishwasher as normal. it's just frustrating and annoying.
  • Options
    domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    Maybe your dishwasher is running.. you better go catch it ;)
    If you didn't get the joke its ok, it was lame.
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif