Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuck at work in labor

I am worried about having the baby on the job. has anyone else had this problem? will the baby come back home with my sim?
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I believe that the sim will immediately come home if they get in labor.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    In theory it should be ok :# but Toavoid any issues you could bring them home early or switch to another sim and then bring them to that sim.
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    it went fine.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    My sim up and left the hospital without having the kid and went to work. Luckily she'd already gotten the energy boost, so work wasn't bad. I was curious to see how long I could do this, but decided not to try again just in case.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    You do know there is paid family leave, right? I usually take it as far into the third trimester as I can, or when the question mark shows up. It seems like it's only one day or so. Oh, I think I took the day after as well. Dads get it, too, so I figure since you can't save it or anything. If you were counting on getting promoted or to advance the performance gauge, I suppose you might want to go. They seem so uncomfortable, tho, not necessarily in mood, but they just look it.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    The sim could've given birth on the job I suppose.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Your problem must be sorted now but in case next time, there is an option where you can 'leave work early'
  • Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    My Sim was working as a chef and she went into labor while she was at work - it was okay though, about 1 Sim hour, perhaps a little less, went by and, since I had a bassinet waiting at home, she just walked through the door and had the baby, lol :D

As others have said though, there's always the option to take family leave in the 3rd trimester, leave work early, or (if you have some vacation days available) take a couple vacation days. ^_^
    duck.jpg
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    you get a pop-up 12 hours before she'll go into labor, I'd take the time off! :) You get paid and all so why not?
    353235_b.jpg