The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuck at work in labor

I am worried about having the baby on the job. has anyone else had this problem? will the baby come back home with my sim?
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I believe that the sim will immediately come home if they get in labor.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    In theory it should be ok :# but Toavoid any issues you could bring them home early or switch to another sim and then bring them to that sim.
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    it went fine.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    My sim up and left the hospital without having the kid and went to work. Luckily she'd already gotten the energy boost, so work wasn't bad. I was curious to see how long I could do this, but decided not to try again just in case.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    You do know there is paid family leave, right? I usually take it as far into the third trimester as I can, or when the question mark shows up. It seems like it's only one day or so. Oh, I think I took the day after as well. Dads get it, too, so I figure since you can't save it or anything. If you were counting on getting promoted or to advance the performance gauge, I suppose you might want to go. They seem so uncomfortable, tho, not necessarily in mood, but they just look it.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    The sim could've given birth on the job I suppose.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Your problem must be sorted now but in case next time, there is an option where you can 'leave work early'
  • Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    My Sim was working as a chef and she went into labor while she was at work - it was okay though, about 1 Sim hour, perhaps a little less, went by and, since I had a bassinet waiting at home, she just walked through the door and had the baby, lol :D

As others have said though, there's always the option to take family leave in the 3rd trimester, leave work early, or (if you have some vacation days available) take a couple vacation days. ^_^
    duck.jpg
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    you get a pop-up 12 hours before she'll go into labor, I'd take the time off! :) You get paid and all so why not?
    353235_b.jpg