Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You can retro-create parents!?!

I have a couple of YA sims that I made who met, fell in love, etc.. After weeks of playing them I thought it would be nice if they could meet each others parents, but unfortunately I never made parents for them to begin with. Then I wondered if I could go into household management and retro-engineer parents using genetics, and voila! parents. In household management the parents and adult child appear as one household, but then you can just move them into a new empty house. Of course, they only have § 22,000 and no skills, etc. But, not bad for headcanon story telling.

Retconned parents.

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes you can. It is nice.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I didn't know you could do that. Very cool.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    TheOpheliacTheOpheliac Posts: 170 Member
    Ah, the power of retcon! I was actually really excited when I saw the "play with genetics" feature added siblings and parents. It's one of those little things that I appreciate. o:)
  • Options
    thewildwest48thewildwest48 Posts: 82 Member
    that's pretty cool!
  • Options
    Layne1683Layne1683 Posts: 61 Member
    That's awesome! I didn't know you could do that.
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    Very cool, indeed!!
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yep, just did that myself. You can also use cheats to add skills if you want. If you want them to have jobs, get them before you move them out and cheat them to whatever level seems right. Here's a thread with all the cheats.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I have a couple of YA sims that I made who met, fell in love, etc.. After weeks of playing them I thought it would be nice if they could meet each others parents, but unfortunately I never made parents for them to begin with. Then I wondered if I could go into household management and retro-engineer parents using genetics, and voila! parents. In household management the parents and adult child appear as one household, but then you can just move them into a new empty house. Of course, they only have § 22,000 and no skills, etc. But, not bad for headcanon story telling.

Retconned parents.

Yes I added family to a couple townies like that
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    Wait..what?! :fearful: How does this work?!
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    ScripticJusticeScripticJustice Posts: 405 Member
    Wait..what?! :fearful: How does this work?!

Just edit in CAS (not sure if u need full edit mode on) and when you click to add a new sim just press Play With Genetics
    tumblr_m4jumxorJY1qktlzuo1_500.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Yes, you can do this. I found it very useful in RL. I can find images of my sixth great-grandfather and two of his sons, but none of his first wife, since she died in 1780 several years before he became a governor. All I knew is that she was "small and blonde". Finding the picture of their second son was like gold to me. I had created my 6th great-grandfather, as a challenge when we finally got the Demo, (he's an historical figure) and from there created his second son, who looks a lot like him. So, from there I created a mother for the boy. I did this three times, gazed really hard at the randomized results and chose one. To be certain I had the correct one, I used the parents to DNA another son. Raised him up and got the one who looked like their second son. Then I hit absolute gold in my internet search, when I stumbled upon an image of their third son. He doesn't look as much like his father, as his older brother did. In fact, his nose and eyes were very different. I thought, I'm gazing at the male version of my 6th great-grandmother. So, I randomized another son, aged him up until I got one who looked like the third son. From him, I randomized three possible mothers. One was exactly the same as the one I'd chosen. Bingo!

And people try to suggest the genetics are crummy.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/