Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EPs that didn't get mentioned in the Survey your thoughts?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    SharkDO wrote: »
    I can live without all of those., especially supernatural So boring to me and just not fun. Although I wouldn't mind an Amusement Park game pack, I think a whole expansion for it is too much.
    A The Sims Game without pets.
    giphy.gif
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The missing of Supernatural is worrying me. This was my favorite EP of all times.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2015
    Well, it is just a survey. It's an indicator that they're looking for ideas and they want to know what fans think. However, that doesn't mean that what's on the survey is the only content we'll see in the future. It also doesn't mean we'll see everything that's on the survey either.

I did notice the lack of a Supernatural pack, but that theme was mentioned in an earlier survey ("Magic Academy," something like that), so who knows? Although we didn't have a magic themed pack at all for TS2 and this game seems to try to borrow a lot from TS2.

I agree with @Alysha1988, though. A lot of this stuff seems like it's trying to be hip and trendy. I wish they'd try harder for the classic feel of a life simulator, otherwise this game will be so dated in 5+ years. I see some of the expansion ideas like "Get Real" and I just wonder where they're even coming from anymore.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited August 2015
    Supernatural was mentioned in the last survey, so I'm sure it's something on their list of things to release. (however, I don't want elementals... I want Witches with tons of spells to learn and different wands, with different effects and spells to go wrong and all that other stuff..) Carnvial/Theme park would be very cool.. I've mentioned in another post the kind of things I'd like to see, if they were to do something like that.

Pets is more than likely coming since they tweeted a question about it. They can take their time, Pets is a favorite pack...and I'd like it to be done right.. because it just adds to my family-play style. I want families involved more with their pets, and I want to be able to collect pets like we did in Sims 3, I want them to have better textures than what we have now..with those frogs and dragonflies.. :/ they don't look good..so, I'm hoping they fix the graphics/textures with that.. when Pets is being developed.

I used to dislike the idea of a farming pack, but over the years have grown to actually being interested. So, we'll see.. I think players have been wanting a farm expansion pack since Sims 1(?), I can't remember.

And I don't want Vacation to be combined with Seasons. :( Because I want them to focus on the destinations, resorts, the beaches, the collectibles, and pretty much all the activities in the expansion pack without having to leave stuff out because they were trying to combine the two..

Seasons needs to be its own because I want to be able to experience Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer.. just like in Sims 2 and The Sims 3. I want to be able to have different festivals with tons of games, activities and more during each season and I want there to be little hobbies to do in and outdoors for our Sims and their FAMILIES.

Vacations needs to have a variety of different places to go on vacation to. We need to have vacation days, have perks, and be able to collect (star fish, sand dollars, tropical fish, and more to bring home and put in the aquariums, and seashells to collect (and make necklaces out of) and frame, and other antiques and souvenirs to collect and put on our Sims shelves, or coffee tables and end tables..) things on our trips, and be able to take the whole family with you.. and there needs to be beaches, swimming, sand castles, sun-bathing, snorkeling is a mussst, and scuba diving, boats, and jet ski's and under water caves, mermaids, resorts, waterfalls, and a lot more in each of the destinations. :(

But I have a feeling that won't happen. Sigh.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    I want all those... They didn't mention the rule your town kinda thing either, which I also want.

I think they're probably gathering more info on stuff that changed or was unclear after their previous survey. Some ideas they probably just scrapped (I hope the town mayor things wasn't one of those).
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    They didn't mention any non super tryndeigh (trendy) fully fleshed out expansions that would add to the core gameplay and really make this game the life simulator it's supposed to be. This game is going to feel SOOO disgustingly dated by the time its life cycle is over. It will not stand the test of time like sims 2. RIP normal expansions.

So Generations with a new age, and School pack where you control what happens at school isn't a Life Simulation?
    Also, as said in another thread, the a Sims has always been about mixing real life with fantasy. These packs still reflect that.
    Nothing's changed in terms of what kind of content they would be putting out.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Maybe its just the expansion/game packs that are coming sooner rather than the end. A supernatural Pack will come, Main reason I bought the Sims 4
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    I agree with the others, I think Pets is pretty much a given, although it would be nice if they added some more to it to differentiate it from previous versions of the Sims Pets. So many people like the idea of a farm animals pack, well it would go perfectly with Pets so those two ideas can easily become one.
    The Carnival/Amusement Park pack sounds fun, but I've played other theme park simulators (Roller Coaster Tycoon, anyone?) and I can't see any Sims 4 Theme Park EP even being as half as detailed and well done as that game and would probably end up being one of those packs that are half-baked, and end up becoming boring and repetitive once you've played through it a couple of times.
    Supernatural is almost definitely coming at some point too. I've never actually been interested in Supernatural Sims throughout the entire series, but I'm finding myself actually really open to the idea of trying them out in the Sims 4. That and the Superheroes pack I actually liked too :) So I look forward to SN and possibly a super heroes pack for TS4
    Only time will tell! We haven't even got the second EP yet, so there's still plenty to come!

• Options
    Mulder123Mulder123 Posts: 68 Member
    Amusement parks in the sims would be excellent. I'm not that keen on supernatural. Pets would be nice to have.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    paramourn wrote: »
    I would love a gamepack or expansion regarding Farm Life. A barn, some cute country styled clothes, a cow, some chickens, a goat! With corn to grow & country recipes. I'd toss down some cash in a heartbeat!

Me too!!... There could be sheep to sheer, chickens that lay eggs, cows that give milk... Horses... I would love to see the canning station, butter churn, and sewing machine return too.
  • Options
    Mati22Mati22 Posts: 88 Member
    I'm surprised they are not planning separate pack for Seasons. And there was no pack about travelling to the future, although I think there won't be one in The Sims 4. They will probably make the EP exclusive for TS3.
    RIP The Sims 2000-2015 :'(
  • Options
    Mati22 wrote: »
    I'm surprised they are not planning separate pack for Seasons. And there was no pack about travelling to the future, although I think there won't be one in The Sims 4. They will probably make the EP exclusive for TS3.
    I hope they won't do this EP again in TS4. I mean, what could they do different from the one in TS3? I think there are other EP's that are more needed and that they can actually innovate. smiley-confused005.gif

• Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    Windely wrote: »
    I hope they won't do this EP again in TS4. I mean, what could they do different from the one in TS3? I think there are other EP's that are more needed and that they can actually innovate. smiley-confused005.gif

I've seen people suggest a Time Travel pack before, where you can travel not only to the future, but to the past as well. So if they were to EVER try to re-do TS3 Into the Future, that's where they could possibly go with it. But I also doubt that they will do another time-travel/future pack. As much as I loved Into The Future, I don't think it was all that popular and as well received by many other simmers *shrugs*
  • Options
    Mati22Mati22 Posts: 88 Member

I agree. I just wanted to point out that it's missing. :) However I think at the end of the series, they will release something unique for TS4, e.g. the superhero EP. I think travelling to the future was fun but it's certainly one of the least popular themes. Personally, it would be more exciting for me if they decided to release EP about travelling to the past.

RIP The Sims 2000-2015 :'(
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    kerryn96 wrote: »

I've seen people suggest a Time Travel pack before, where you can travel not only to the future, but to the past as well. So if they were to EVER try to re-do TS3 Into the Future, that's where they could possibly go with it. But I also doubt that they will do another time-travel/future pack. As much as I loved Into The Future, I don't think it was all that popular and as well received by many other simmers *shrugs*

I just hope plumbots return in some way :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I agree. I just wanted to point out that it's missing. :) However I think at the end of the series, they will release something unique for TS4, e.g. the superhero EP. I think travelling to the future was fun but it's certainly one of the least popular themes. Personally, it would be more exciting for me if they decided to release EP about travelling to the past.
    Well, this would be kinda like Medieval. But it could be cute if they would go to a different context in the past, for sure! smiley-happy088.gif

• Options
    John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    I want town life expansion back with neighborhood editing tools!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I really want an amusement park expansion or gamepack especially when we got the rollercoaster,carousel and gondola from the TS3 Store. Also Sims Free play has an amusement park now.
  • Options
    alienXingalienXing Posts: 168 Member
    A new supernatural gets introduced in each expansion anyway. No need for a whole EP for them.

Pets are a given, but I think they'll come later than usual this time.
  • Options
    lapislazulilapislazuli Posts: 73 Member
    It'd be kind of silly not to add things like seasons and pets, but I guess supernatural isn't always a given. I'd be surprised if they didn't make one, though.
    anyways,