Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hold on now, this club/groups thing just might be for me. :)

CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
That trailer still had me in Late Night mode. Is EA afraid something isn't cool unless it looks like a party?
I wasn't even aware of the clubs/groups features. I felt like the core feature of this EP got lost in the music and dancing.
Your Sims will be able to join different Clubs, each with their own interests, personalities, and styles. They have defined behaviours that dictate how they tend to act, including how they treat other Sims, and what they do or don't like to do. There will be a variety of Clubs waiting for your Sims when you first load up the expansion pack, but you’re also able to create and customize your own. You can set their requirements, decide what behaviours they have, choose their preferred hang outs, and even give them distinct rewards.

Hanging out with groups of friends makes Get Together feel truly unique. Your Sim’s in-game friends will act a lot like your real ones – whether you’re going for a dip in the Natural Pools along the bluffs or just lounging around in the pub, groups will engage in new, exciting ways. Your Sim can take on their friends in a game of foosball, or try on outfits together with the all-new Walk-in Closet. They’ll hang out and share experiences together in fun, new ways.

That could really get me into my sims and their friends depending on how EA does it.
I did like moments in the trailer where the group of friends all raised their glasses, the two friends helping out a third with her outfit (and later synchronized dancing). I really need to see what these other activities and clubs are like.

I wrote the following back in 2011.
If I can do this in Get Together, I'm in.
CK213 wrote: »

Friends:

-I want a coffee house. Not just for coffee, but a place for sims to gather to listen to musicians, or where bookworms gather to discuss their favorite books, (another way to score group relationship point and maybe inspiration that leads to rewards depending on which books were discussed). Writer's can meet with their writer's group to get inspiration for novels and improve their writing. Or simply a group of friends can gather just to touch base. And this coffee house serves coffee with a variety of energy and mood effects. It depends on the type. There is a coffee type that refills the energy bar, not just gives a delaying moodlet.

Imagine this:

A special group object that works like the fire pit.
Screenshot-907.jpg

But instead of roasting stuff, your group of sims are there to discuss the latest book, or meet with fellow writers to get a critique or give critiques of literary works in progress, or just meet with friends for a chat and snack.

Just click on the table and decide what kind of gathering to have: Book Club, Writer's group, or gathering of friends. Click on it again and you can choose what food and drinks will be served. Your sim will be charged for it, no need to make everyone go up to a cashier to buy food. Your sims will sit down and build relationship points, skill points, advancement in writing progress, and hunger satisfaction depending on the situation and need. A gathering will last for an hour or two.

It will need to be nicely animated for sim behaviors.

Groups:

Most importantly: Bring back the ability to manage groups. I want lists of friends to call up in a pinch to go out on the town. Perhaps it hasn't crossed EA mind, but it would be so awesome to create a list of 8 sims of a particular set of traits, career, skill set, or just whoever you want and ask them all out with one phone call. And forget about their schedules. If your sim's relationship is strong enough they should be able to call off work. That's just how special your sim is to them. :wink:

I just read about 64 x 64 lots. That's a big deal for me and a plus for this EP.
"There's just something about Sims from Windenburg that makes you want to meet them all."
And I wonder what they mean by that.
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
Post edited by CK213 on

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Well, your post there sounds a lot to what I imagine the clubs to be like, making a group of sims get together to share a common interest. I am so getting a bridge club for my elders. And I agree, it is one of the features that I am really excited about. Perhaps it is difficult to show of in a sparkling trailer but I am hoping for a nice blog or demo to show of this feature before the expansion comes out :smile:
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I want clubs for children and teens, most of all. And apparently, from guru's tweets, it's possible :)
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Yeah, this EP sounds amazing now that I've heard about the club system! And to think I was pretty impressed by what I saw in the trailer alone!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Kids and teens can make their own clubs or join too. I hope there are some interesting things for kids to do in the midle of this also. :)

And yes the club thing sound awsome.

Phone cases might be one of the rewards for being in a club.

I wonder if sims have to go through a test or need some requirements to join groups :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    By what I read it will be exactly like this, they say you can even make/customize the dance routine your group will do together :)

And we can have book clubs too

I didn't like the announcement though, very bad the presentation, didn't focus on selling the good of the EP
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    I want to make a nerd club. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hopefully this will stop groups from leaving for no reason. That has been an issue since one of the patches.
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I want to make a nerd club. XD

The first rule of nerd club is: You DO NOT talk about NERD CLUB.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I hadn't heard before that clubs could be for children and teens too! That opens up all sorts of interesting gameplay if the club system is flexible enough.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I wonder if we can upload these club types thru the gallery.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I wonder if we can upload these club types thru the gallery.

I'd say yes but you probably have to have the sims in one household.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I'm really liking what I hear about clubs. Can't understand why they didn't focus on the club aspect more in the presentation - maybe the roar of anger might have been a bit less deafening?! :D:p
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    I'm starting to think they stole your ideas mate :D
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    hafizchan wrote: »
    I'm starting to think they stole your ideas mate :D

They can take as many ideas of mine as they want, as long as I get to play them. :)
    Please make some fun group objects.

Now that I think about it, I did like that University Science project. Three sims working together for a common goal.
    The Sims Studio should do more with group objects and add more game play depth.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    It seems my thing to! It's a shame they didn't advertise this group/cliques things in the trailer!? I think a whole load more people would be interested in this pack if they just understood it more!
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Why wasnt club stuff showcased at the presentation? If it's flexible enough it's a major selling point for me.
  • Options
    Why wasnt club stuff showcased at the presentation? If it's flexible enough it's a major selling point for me.

I think it was just not detailed enough for people to realised that the three girls were a club.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    If there's a murder mod in sims 4 I'm going to make a cult >:) wait am I allowed to say that? Am I going to get banned? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    I'm cautiously optimistic about the clubs, too. They seem like they could possibly make children and elders and interactions like "gossip about co-workers" a lot more fun. I've been asking for more things for my sims to do together than just talk, and I've been longing for real dancing for my sims. I'd love a dancer career add-on for get to work. I've been getting a lot of what I wanted/asked for in the forum as new things come out, so I'm pretty happy. Still feel a little sad about toddlers....I do miss them. I really enjoyed teaching them to walk and talk and watch them play in Sims 2. Imagine how cool toddler play dates could have been.
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    I think it is always going to look good and then we will get our hands on it and it will be yet another disappointment :(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    jacqpinks wrote: »
    I think it is always going to look good and then we will get our hands on it and it will be yet another disappointment :(

I'm hoping for an EP that will really hook me, but I have to admit Get To Work did not hold my interest long.