Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix Your Priorities

Because what?

osk14sr.png

(In case you're wondering, no I don't have any mods.)

Why is this possible.

And why isn't this fixed. It's going to be a year since you released this game, and the incest glitch/bug has been going around since that time.
I haven't even played this family, but I came in to age up their daughter a few days before her actual birthday to see that.

It's not the first time either, a few months ago when I went to go check on a family and went back to the usual one I play, I discovered that sim mother had a romantic bar with her father and son.

Stop with all the single YA party after party and fix a "family issue".
You guys are really good at showing your priorities. Just adds another reason why I wouldn't recommend the game.

Comments

• Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Good gawd I love this thread so much......
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Smarter sims, weirder stories. :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Don't forget all the parties that must be thrown and planned...and more single sim items.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Shiva wrote: »
    Good god woman, don't you see? How can they possibly afford to spend their time on trivial bugs like these when there are hot dog costumes to be made?!

I don't even know why I bothered lol, but seeing this in my game upsets me. I just won't play it until a patch fixes it.

And it's not like they really can flirt with each other, but they should fix this relationship panel/family tree, wherever the root lies.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Agreed. This won't ever be fixed, they seem to ignore the majority of the forum community.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,452 Member
    They could add a work around if this bug can't be fixed by adding a cheat to let us change relationships. Modders have done it.
  • Options

There aren't any excuses/justification for this ..... not even the weirder stories part.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yeah, it is infuriating . I was disappointed that it hasn't had another look taken since they thought they fixed it a couple months ago. We're talking about this, and a possible mod fix over in another thread, FWIW. I know it shouldn't have to be fixed by modders, but...

I'm just interested to see she has a nephew. I thought the game didn't have this. Is she his aunt as well?
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    At least its not a Mother and son, like in my game.

I leave the family alone for two seconds and comeback to that! IDK how or when it really happened...
  • Options
    ShivaShiva Posts: 111 Member

More like "Smarter Sims, Illegal Stories"
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,452 Member
    Well never say never the custom music bug got fixed today.
  • Options
    Yeah, it is infuriating . I was disappointed that it hasn't had another look taken since they thought they fixed it a couple months ago. We're talking about this, and a possible mod fix over in another thread, FWIW. I know it shouldn't have to be fixed by modders, but...

I'm just interested to see she has a nephew. I thought the game didn't have this. Is she his aunt as well?

Yes, that's her sister's son.

Initially I thought my problem was the story progression mod (MTS, inspired by twallan, I can't remember the name of the mod),
    so I got rid of it a few months ago. New patch came, but the bugged incest/relationship panel still occured (mother was romantically involved with her father and son).

I don't know if that happened after or before the nephews mother died ... but culling isn't helping either when you think about it. I feel that when it erases the relationships on the family tree, the game might forget that so and so was related in someway to another sim .... Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't even know what the family tree is for anymore with all the culling.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Sorry they just finished taking dance lessons so they could be ready to preform other day, so that was not on their minds
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Thank you for confirming that the incest bug hasn't been fixed. I was wondering for some time now.

She's very sad because she's in a forbidden relationship.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

More like "Smarter Sims, Illegal Stories"

Nice one! But doncha know, this wouldn't happen if you didn't get married and have kids in this first place! You're sposed to be out there tearin' it up, breakin' it down, what have you! Get together and join Non-Mothers Against Families and stop all this illegal activity! /sarcasm

Ah, I'm going to see if I can get the uncle/aunt nephew/niece designation, that part is cool.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Maybe the guys at EA are ok with incest? Loool!
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I feel your frustration. This incest BS has infected three of my sim families. It's stupid.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    It would be lovely if they'd finally address this and the culling issue, instead of acting like they don't hear us.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    It would be lovely if they'd finally address this and the culling issue, instead of acting like they don't hear us.

But...apparently they doooo hear us. Acting on it is completely different.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    Hmmm.....and "I" on the other hand have to use a mod to do this :c you guys are so lucky.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    @LaAbby when you make a point, you certainly make it loud and clear. I'd love to get a view of your file setup in TS4 to see if I could try and help, but still the point stands. There really shouldn't be any of this.

Good god woman, don't you see? How can they possibly afford to spend their time on trivial bugs like these when there are hot dog costumes to be made?!

Wait, @Shiva! They haven't made Chili Dog and Polish Sausage outfits yet, so I doubt they have addressed the Equal Opportunity Meat Products issue!
  • Options
    taatelimiestaatelimies Posts: 105 Member

This here is probs the best comment I've ever read. Here, have a biscuit. :p
    Origin ID: pinkb4tman | PSN: otttoe