Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1 Year Anniversary Patch (Idea)

SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I was thinking about what others have said and it makes sense... a HUGE patch for September, with (mostly) everything Simmers have been wanting for the past year! That being said, when you think about the GT EP and how lackluster that is, with barely any content and they call THAT an EP, it is kind of worry-some. But if it did happen, what would you want in it? I am thinking

1. Spiral staircases
2. Toddlers
3. The ability to paint ceilings
4. No more culling
5. General Bug Fixes
6. Create a Style
7. Create a World
8. NPC's (maid, burglar ect.)

but I know there is MUCH MUCH more I am forgetting. What would you want in it? I will update this thread.
"I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
Post edited by SharkDO on

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Some new gameplay would be nice. Something that makes it fun and interesting. Other than that, I have no ideas.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    EA is a business, we cant expect everything for free, that would be too much work for them. i hope they focus more on expansion packs and stuff packs. after one year's update, base game is already more than its cost's worth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Neighborhood Editor

Terrain Tools

World Editor

CAW

CASt

Toddlers

Mixed Foundations

Open Neighborhoods

Adjusted Teen Heights

Height Slider

Service NPCs -- Repairmen (and women), Firefighters, Burglars, Gardeners, Butlers, Police, etc

Other NPCs -- Social Bunny, Tragic Clown (there are so many parties), Cake Dancers, Crazy Cat Lady, etc

Hair Sliders

Makeup Opacity Sliders

Incest Bug Fix

Environment Scores

A UI Overhaul or color options, moveable controls, etc.

Inventory Organization -- Filter and Sort

Friendship Sorting by level of Friendship

Auto-Sprinklers

Playing Instruments in Groups

Some Curly Hairstyles

Face-to-Face Dancing

Holding Hands

Increased or Eliminated Culling Limit

Improved Book Reading

Inheritance System (things, not just money)

Emotions System Overhaul

Easy Way to Change Sim Names

Increased Sim Awareness -- no more tramping on dead bodies or not reacting when partner is in labor in the same room

I realize that the chance of getting some of these things is scant, but they are what I'd like to see added in the form of free patches/updates, as opposed to purchasable packs.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Toddlers, Create A Style, and Open Neighborhoods (not worlds) are the three things I wish could be added to the game... unfortunately, it's already pretty much confirmed that CAST and Open Neighborhoods won't be happening ever.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Good lord...
    Yes, it'd be superb if they add stuff with the patch, but please, please, please, how about some bugfixing first?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I just want toddlers.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited August 2015
    you need to realise that create a style will nerver return at this point in time its impossible to add in the game and has for toddlers for me right now they are in the 1% line because what i went to see first added are workable washers and dryers in other word the option to do laundry in the sims4 edit and you might have to pay for toddlers if they are added in a generation ep sinces its something thta will not be patch
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Toddlers with toddler stuff, don't forget that ;)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    ... star wars birthday party theme?
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member

With gnomes. Don't forget the gnomes.
  • Options
    NewcrestSimmerNewcrestSimmer Posts: 124 Member
    Please fix culling. Just, please. :(
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Ability to paint foundations, like in TS3 and TS2 (I hate that we can't paint foundations like we can paint walls)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    That's right, The Sims 4 does has it's 1 year anniversary coming up next month. And for that, I wold like the spiral, and L shaped stairs to return. Plus U shaped stairs. And the return of painting the ceiling. As long as the ceiling coverings don't go outside the exterior walls of the structure, and leave black holes in the ceiling like they did in Sims 3. :)
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member

Don't say it, not even as a joke. Next time they add Star Wars stuff, they gonna quote you and say it is fan-requested or sonething.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Has EA ever given us stuff for first year anniversaries in the past?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited August 2015
    marcellala wrote: »

Don't say it, not even as a joke. Next time they add Star Wars stuff, they gonna quote you and say it is fan-requested or sonething.
    Actually they don't generally quote anybody. If they do release more Star Wars stuff, and comment on it. They are likely just say that it was requested by fans. And they might say that they thought it was a cool idea to release more Star Wars stuff. But they generally don't quote anyone on anything when commenting on something. :)

• Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I would want:
    1. For nothing on your list to actually happen
    2. For them to release what they plan to release
    3. For people to stop jumping on the hype train all the time
    4. For people to accept sims 4 lacks some things and just move bac to one of the other games
    5. For people to suggest new ideas that are easy to do and mean they wouldn't have to rip down the game and start again
    6. For people to analyse the positive and negative in sims 4
    7. For the devs to release what they want to release anyways
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    marcellala wrote: »

Actually they don't generally quote anybody. If they do release more Star Wars stuff, and comment on it. They are likely just say that it was requested by fans. And they might say that they thought it was a cool idea to release more Star Wars stuff. But they generally don't quote anyone on anything when commenting on something. :)

You really know a joke was bad when someone takes it serious *sigh*
  • Options
    JelisaJelisa Posts: 86 Member
    toddlers
    burglars (and an alarm system)
    firemen
    nanny/babysitter

That's pretty much all I'm asking for. Everything else they can put into an EP, GP or SP. Just those 4 things I'd really like to see in a patch before the next EP. I don't even miss open world or CASt that much.
  • Options
    plenilunesplenilunes Posts: 296 Member
    I would still very much want toddlers- other NPCs would be cool, but they're not on the top of my list. Interested to see what they come up with.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    @greenXen I think they will do something about culling, imagine if the world of winderburgh has 4-5 (sub)neighborhoods and all those sims in clubs if is just 180 plus get to work the game will stop working since only Base game and get to work causes problems with culling already. Imagine you make a club of reading or whatever and people started disappearing from it? I think guru daniel said they are looking how to improve culling sometime ago when asked about new EP.
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sure, and the patch will give us santa clause, and pets, and seasons, and let's just be bold..and say it'll bring back shorter teens..and elders that look OLD! -gasp-
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    What about a I Love Justine Keaton t-shirt? B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.