Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something terrible must be happening at Maxis

GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
When they can't seem to be going back to their roots. Anyone here remembers The Sims 1 and 2 expansions? How diverse and awesome they were, even Sims 3 kept a lot of that. Whoever is coming up with these ideas need to rethink their design plan and what content is going to be given to the fans. So say you don't do much partying, you are more like a family lover story teller, what's left for you in this expansion? A pub and few interactions? That sounds more like a stuff pack and than an actual expansion.

Comments

• Options
    pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    The Sims 1 was a totally new PC game that no other company was making. It was a great game I was so very addicted to it! The sims 2 reused some ideas from TS1 but came with full on family play and weather!! I loved both games and could play for hours. The Sims 3 was alright but, I loved the open world. I like the look of the sims in TS 4 but I wish they brought toddlers back, the whole baby in a crib changing to a toddler is to much like TS1 and frankly a little creepy. I think in TS 2 and 3 they reused most of the ideas from the game before and put a new twist on it. I am currious to see where TS 4 goes.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Well, in a sense they are since we have no toddlers and babies in cribs like sims 1 :) How family players played Sims 1?
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    We had a mod. No toddlers but there was a mod that made teenagers and completed the lifecycle
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Get Together is way better than family play or toddlers.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    Well, in a sense they are since we have no toddlers and babies in cribs like sims 1 :) How family players played Sims 1?
    Statements like this irk me.

How are we supposed to know what were getting in the future? That's a poor excuse.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    That clap. VOM-TASTIC. "I'm going to have a I rule moment" *CUE TOMATOS THROWN AT STAGE*

I'm so embarrassed for this whole presentation and I had nothing to do with it. I was just sitting here in utter embarrassment, thinking... is this REALLY happening or is this some kinda sick joke???

2zgg7k8.png
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    The way I've been seeing The Sims franchise since the first iteration is as an evolving world. With The Sims 4 it feels like that evolution has been broken and now the common themes are broski, party like crazy and weird stories. Look, I know toddles is probably the most requested addition and fine by me if Maxis didn't wanted to do it but they could have at least come up with betters ideas for an expansion pack, the idea is to expand the base game. If not, I think expansions name should be rebranded to Themes Pack.
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    when sims 1 came out I was hooked!! I could play for weeks without getting bored.
    Same thing happened with sims 2! amazing gameplay!

Sims 3 though at times I felt like my sims were emotionless dolls but there was so much going on in the city, always something new to do.

I got bored with sims 4 surprisingly really quick. The sims were very much improved but the content is lacking. with each coming new content I buy it excites me back into the game.....(for a while).
    This just shows how sims 4 is lacking in CONTENT.....

This is going to take a few more EPs to really make me hooked....
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    Get Together is way better than family play or toddlers.

Now, now Colton. Should't you be saying "Get Together is way better than Justine"?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    GreyWind wrote: »
    When they can't seem to be going back to their roots. Anyone here remembers The Sims 1 and 2 expansions? How diverse and awesome they were, even Sims 3 kept a lot of that. Whoever is coming up with these ideas need to rethink their design plan and what content is going to be given to the fans. So say you don't do much partying, you are more like a family lover story teller, what's left for you in this expansion? A pub and few interactions? That sounds more like a stuff pack and than an actual expansion.

I don't know how they can continue to ignore the out cries for more group activities, more family play (kids play tag, hide and seek etc.) and or the plea for a life stage like toddlers and just pump out another party EP. We should have guessed with all this Party pack, Party patio, etc. etc. it would continue in that vein.

It's just astounding how they can ignore the elephant in the room....real life, everyday, mundane stuff, like family and kids.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    i think ea is just trolling us because they hate our gooshy little innards.
  • Options
    javadjavad Posts: 161 Member
    edited August 2015

they played something that has never been done before and were impressed by fresh and amazing EPs with tons of new content/interactions IN 2000/03! and i also don't think there were real family players at all at the time of ts1, because the game was new and everyone played in a similar, yet unique way. the formation of family players, builders, story creatory, LPers etc. came more into practice during the sims 2 - and believe me, family aspects were MUCH better back then. i think it's totally unacceptable that a game from 2014 still can't keep up with it's predecessors from 2009 AND 2004 in so many aspects. and the fact that this game is sharing some similarities with the sims 1 - a game from 15 years ago is absolutely crazy! sometimes i ask myself, if the sims 4 really is the game that we've been waiting for. the game that would really improve onto the sims 3 and reach the charm of ts2 and ts1, but so far it's failing to deliver. :(
  • Options
    LuckyPalms992LuckyPalms992 Posts: 55 Member
    Just wanted to say your Avi is my type of guy.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Well thanks to whoever moved this so it would die in another section of your forums. Regardless, this thread was about the sims 4.
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member

Well in the Sims 1 I was mostly into building rather than gameplay. The families seemed static to me, sure the sims could have kids but they didn't grow up. And as for the baby cribs **shudder**. I really didn't get into the gameplay until the Sims 2. It was marvelous, no more cradles of doom, we had realistic babies who became toddlers who then became children who then became teens who then became adults who had their own children which started the whole cycle all over again. As far as I was concerned the Sims 3 retained that generational aspect and freed the sims to experience the world outside the lots.

so the Sims 4 was a leap backwards for me. The whole babies being tied to crib and morphing into children is a deja vu of the worst kind but I find the lack of an open world more damaging to family play especially given the nature of the gameplay. In the Sims 1, 2 and 3 if you went somewhere that involved a loading screen time was frozen on the home lot that's not the case with the Sims 4. There, going to another lot means throwing the rest of the family who are not coming with the active sim under the bus. They drop any activities that you have queued, the away actions are pretty lame and to make matters even worse there has been a bug in the game since the December patch which means sims at work or school don't look after their basic needs like bladder or hunger if the home lot is not loaded.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I agree!
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    @SimGuruBChick How is this thread off topic?
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member

is she still here? i thought that she left us for someplace better and safer like canada.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    GreyWind wrote: »
    Well thanks to whoever moved this so it would die in another section of your forums. Regardless, this thread was about the sims 4.

You can move it back. Don't ask me how.
    This not off topic. I think it silly they move anything they disagree with off topic.
  • Options

is she still here? i thought that she left us for someplace better and safer like canada.

Look like she is out of the office until next week. Ok, @SimGuruDrake, how is this thread off topic?

tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    So, this is a thread about how the sims has regressed?