Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is this an Expansion Pack?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited August 2015
    This would've been the perfect EP to implement apartments imo. But...from what I saw, tons of cute outfits/hair and 0 actual gameplay additions. Of course it's only a teaser, but it's a highly disappointing one and did the opposite of hyping.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    @jackjack_k, I have to say, I like reading your posts even if I don't always agree with you. :smile: But, this time I think you are spot on. I agree 100%. I was expecting a Late Night themed pack, and usually I enjoy those types of expansions, so I was going into this one with an open mind. But, I just saw nothing new. I kept thinking "this can't be an expansion. This is just a GP, right?" Sad. :frowning: I'm just so confused. I feel like they dropped the ball big time.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    temestemes Posts: 175 Member
    Yeah I agree, it feels more like a game pack (or world pack). Expansion packs are expected to introduce brand new gameplay elements and mechanics, "Get Together" feels like some random GP & SP stuff lazily thrown together.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    @jackjack_k, I have to say, I like reading your posts even if I don't always agree with you. :smile: But, this time I think you are spot on. I agree 100%. I was expecting a Late Night themed pack, and usually I enjoy those types of expansions, so I was going into this one with an open mind. But, I just saw nothing new. I kept thinking "this can't be an expansion. This is just a GP, right?" Sad. :frowning: I'm just so confused. I feel like they dropped the ball big time.

I think get together is the latenight theme pack in some ways.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member

I think that's what they want it to be. But it looks like it's falling short.

Also, even though I was expecting it, I feel like it's ill-timed. So many fans have said that they're tired of "party packs." A lot of people liked GTW (I didn't play it myself), but I noticed the consensus seemed to be that it was at least a move in the right direction because it offered something different. But, now they're back to parties and bros. And, what's worse, is that it doesn't even seem to offer a lot of new stuff. :confused:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    to be honest, this is the first sims 4 content that I was truly dissapointed in...
    All their previous game packs and stuff packs offered something new....

This just offers revamped things......
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I agree with the OP but can I point out that swimming pools where not included in the base game and only 'patched in' two months later

That's still base game content. It just came out later.
    Like fountains, basements, swimming in water etc in The Sims 3.

You could build basements in the base game of TS3 before WA came out, it says on page 21 of the official manual
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    MaryJos wrote: »
    Funny how you guys judge the whole expansion with just 1 trailer of 1 minute...

The whole purpose of the trailer at a huge gaming expo is to show off the new pack and make people want to buy it. Based on the reaction it's received within the past 5 hours it hasn't been received very well. If there is something we haven't seen we won't hear anything until October.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    are they still dangling toddlers like a shriveled-up carrot on a string in front of people?
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I agree with the OP but can I point out that swimming pools where not included in the base game and only 'patched in' two months later

That's still base game content. It just came out later.
    Like fountains, basements, swimming in water etc in The Sims 3.

You could build basements in the base game of TS3 before WA came out, it says on page 21 of the official manual

Fake basements aka Sims 2 basements.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am not sure what justifies this being an expansion. I am not really impressed at all. The world looks meh. I was hoping for a city world. Where are the open restaurants, theaters,... What is the point of getting together if there is no where to really get together...the cafe is the only new place...we can make a pub in game now...sigh

I am still waiting for more information but this might be a hard expansion to buy. I am not feeling like it is worth the money at the moment.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Nightlife - Downtown Sub-neighborhood, dating, restaurants, dining, vampires, cars, bars, bowling alleys, dance clubs, DJ's etc.
    Late Night - City World, celebreties, vapires, bars, lounges, dance clubs, bands, mixology, hot tubs, penthouses, elevators, etc.

Get Together - Clubs, Cafés, dancing, DJ's, unknown creature and huh.... something else.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    It feels like University, without the University.

Late Night, without the City experience.

Pets (country world) without the Pets.

Free Time without new Hobbies.

And Expansion Pack without the Expansion.