Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game wont load into households

I've been playing for about a week now with no problems. Was just playing. Everything was running smoothly. My sim went into labor, and I clicked for her to go to the hospital (first time trying this action). Went to the load screen, and took me to the world menu. Tried again to get into the household - load screen then world menu. Closed out and rebooted the game - same problem. Rebooted the computer - same problem with any household. Ideas?

Playing on a brand new Macbook with Yosemite.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,732 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hello.
    Remove any mods that you have and see if that helps.
    The Relationship Decay mod has been causing issues, so if you have that mod, remove it.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try the suggestions in this link.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/12/loading-a-family-just-reloads-the-map/
    There are a variety of causes of your issue and there are a number of ways to help fix the problem.

Some simmers have found this helped.

Close down your game
    Start your game and load the faulty save game
    Go to the family you have last played with and go straight to build mode
    Delete any easel/drawing tables including unfinished paintings
    Go back to map view
    Load your family

Another simmer found that the bath and shower from Spa Day was causing an issue so going straight to build mode and removing that may help also.

If that doesn't help, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and test to see if the issues have been fixed. Then exit the game. Add back the "options.ini" file, "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders. Don't add back the " saves folder ", but keep that in a safe place. Your game will be working now.
    If you would like to try to recover the save games that are in saves folder , go to your saves folder that is on your desktop, and put one .save file back into the folder, ( not the ones that end in .save.ver ) go to the load button ( the one with the file image) in the main screen in the game, load the game and see if it works. Then take that file out and try another .save file. Every file that works, is a game file that you will be able to keep in the game.
    Don't put the slot_00000001.save file. back into the folder because that is the autosave, and that could be the cause of the issue.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    The EXACT same problem happened to me too today. Sim into labor, click to go to the hospital and then bam- back to the world menu. When I tried to load the game again it said that both sims were at the hospital. Sadly, I couldn't find a solution to this. It didn't load any other household anymore too, in any world. The only way I could start playing again was by erasing that household from from the game... and thankfully, I wasn't planning on playing with them anyway.
    Sad to hear it happened to you too.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    HeatherNickelHeatherNickel Posts: 41 Member
    @rosemow - Thanks for all the suggestions. Got to go get my babe to bed, and will will get to work on attempting to fix this. I'll report back.

@Kiwicantdie - I'll let you know if one of the above fixes works in case you run into that problem again. :)
  • Options
    HeatherNickelHeatherNickel Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2015
    Okay, so I tried everything @rosemow suggested. I didn't quite do everything the link she posted suggested cause it was a bit beyond my knowledge. But once I finally did as @Kiwicantdie suggested my game started working again. I didn't delete the family, but I evicted them and then bulldozed the lot. I then redownloaded the lot and moved the family back in. It's been fine since. I did previously have a barely unfinished piece on the craft table and i assume that was the issue even though my game didn't recover after deleting the table. The house is from the gallery, but it's all stuff from the base game so it's not a cc issue that I can tell. I'll just make sure from now on to finish art on the craft table before exiting the game. Hopefully this helps. I haven't put my couple mods back in yet (faster eating and no intro), but I will soon. One at a time.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I assumed it was the sims stuck in the hospital that was causing the problem, not the objects in the house. Goooood to know! If this problem ever reappears, then I know what to do without losing the houseold :)
    Thanks @rosemow :)
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor