Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers - September patch?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Honestly, I hope they'll add toddlers soon and announce them at Gamescom, which I think will happen, otherwise they could've said "We won't add them" as an answer which they did when some asked for open world and cast, but I do hope that if they won't announce them they will either give us a definte answer so we know what to expect (or not to expect), it's getting kinda messy for a lot of people and I do understand that you only want a simple answer saying either "yes we're working on them - extra info -" or "no they won't be coming in Sims 4", either way it's more of an answer then we have now.

Quite curious how it'll play out, only 16 more days until Gamescom! I'm excited tho!

You do realize that it was just two months ago that Rachel Franklin said they were exploring toddlers?

http://kotaku.com/11-months-later-the-sims-4-players-still-want-answers-1705320586

It is something we’re exploring but we don’t currently have more information to share around when or how other than to say our fans will be the first to know.
    The article was published in May, but she told that to the writer in March, the article says:
    ... The Sims 4 executive producer Rachel Franklin told me in an email exchange after the release of the game’s first expansion at the end of March...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited July 2015
    *gasp* :o

7RWLNLe.png

Well, plum.

30Scv9r.png
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    Omg! These magic 8 balls and magic conch shells are trippin' me out! :D Don't forget to ask a genie, psychic, and any other future predictors!
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    PandaORose wrote: »
    Omg! These magic 8 balls and magic conch shells are trippin' me out! :D Don't forget to ask a genie, psychic, and any other future predictors!

lol you should see this one :D

tumblr_nrt84uOGfG1rz1zglo1_540.png

Big 8 has spoken lol
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    PandaORose wrote: »

Wha?! I'm not paying for them, unless you have a Genie you can send me... I'm saving for Toddlers. ;)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    cdm1985 wrote: »
    I don't know, I think maybe they aren't saying anything about toddlers because they ARE planning to add them in an expansion...maybe they don't want to ruin the surprise, idk. I think toddlers are too big of a thing to add in a patch though. I feel like there will be a generations type expansion that adds them, hopefully soon, I like family play :)

The problem with limiting toddlers to an EP is that we'd never get anything new for toddlers beyond what's in that EP. Look at Spa Day for example; they could have made it where you can own and run your own spa, but they limited that programming to GTW. They program every pack with base game only content taken into account, because they can't assume that every player has a particular pack beyond base game. (Ended up with some pretty major bugs in Sims 3 for that reason -- they not only programmed with just base game content, they tested with just base game installed instead of various combinations of packs.) Imagine getting toddlers with a few outfits and toys and furniture, and never getting anything else ever again. That would be worse than not getting toddlers at all.

I could see getting basic toddlers in a patch, with basic interactions/objects/CASsets, followed up by a Generations-type pack that would include additional interactions/objects/CASsets for toddlers (along with other age groups). That way everyone would have toddlers, then players could purchase the pack to expand toddler play as they could afford it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited July 2015
    cdm1985 wrote: »
    I don't know, I think maybe they aren't saying anything about toddlers because they ARE planning to add them in an expansion...maybe they don't want to ruin the surprise, idk. I think toddlers are too big of a thing to add in a patch though. I feel like there will be a generations type expansion that adds them, hopefully soon, I like family play :)

The problem with limiting toddlers to an EP is that we'd never get anything new for toddlers beyond what's in that EP. Look at Spa Day for example; they could have made it where you can own and run your own spa, but they limited that programming to GTW. They program every pack with base game only content taken into account, because they can't assume that every player has a particular pack beyond base game. (Ended up with some pretty major bugs in Sims 3 for that reason -- they not only programmed with just base game content, they tested with just base game installed instead of various combinations of packs.) Imagine getting toddlers with a few outfits and toys and furniture, and never getting anything else ever again. That would be worse than not getting toddlers at all.

I could see getting basic toddlers in a patch, with basic interactions/objects/CASsets, followed up by a Generations-type pack that would include additional interactions/objects/CASsets for toddlers (along with other age groups). That way everyone would have toddlers, then players could purchase the pack to expand toddler play as they could afford it.

I don't know if that's true. You can't open your own spa the same way you can't open your own restaurant, museum or bar in GTW. GTW focuses on retail and selling items rather than in providing services. However you can definitely open herb stores and natural remedies shops and those came with Outdoor Retreat...

• Options
    GorgeousGnomeGorgeousGnome Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2015
    @QDog I had never thought of opening up a herb store, that is a brilliant idea! Thank you!
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I don't think Rachel really knows whats going on with the game. She's not involved in the making and that 'exploring' comment we know has to make no sense. Toddlers were originally meant to be in the base game but were pulled because their developement wasn't finished ready for the launch. This tells us that they were being worked on more thab a full year ago. Not just an idea to explore. There had to have been devs actively going to work and developing them. Unless what we were told about them was a lie. Let's assume it wasn't..to turn around almost a year later and use the term 'exploring' has to be a massive understatement. I've always got the impression that Rachel doesn't really know what she's talking about. If an actusl guru was interviewed we'd have got a much more informed answer.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    The forums are going to be a very scary place after Gamescom if toddlers are not announced. I'm a little scared.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    I don't think Rachel really knows whats going on with the game. She's not involved in the making and that 'exploring' comment we know has to make no sense. Toddlers were originally meant to be in the base game but were pulled because their developement wasn't finished ready for the launch. This tells us that they were being worked on more thab a full year ago. Not just an idea to explore. There had to have been devs actively going to work and developing them. Unless what we were told about them was a lie. Let's assume it wasn't..to turn around almost a year later and use the term 'exploring' has to be a massive understatement. I've always got the impression that Rachel doesn't really know what she's talking about. If an actusl guru was interviewed we'd have got a much more informed answer.

Where did they say they were actively working on them? To my knowledge all that they have said is that they are not shipping with the game because of time constraints, which I interpreted as "We were cut short on time so we cut their development completely". Which would make perfect sense, as there is currently no data in the game to suggest they were being worked on, and that comment from Rachel also kind of says to me that they weren't a thing.
  • Options
    Charell88Charell88 Posts: 30 Member
    [quote="jessathemessa;13883946"]The forums are going to be a very scary place after Gamescom if toddlers are not announced. I'm a little scared.[/quote]

LOL I feel the same way....
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,064 Member
    Sims 3 Supernatural and Sims 4 have an object than are copies of 8 Ball
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I want toddlers, it's creepy that the babies change into children, already walking and talking ect. There can be so much more with the toddlers, bathing, out for walks, and a day nursery in our own sims home, I miss all that.
    We need cyber placards saying Bring back toddlers.
    But it would be great to have the option when growing up a baby. a box asking if we want our baby to grow to a child or toddler, for those that don't want toddlers. I do so want them back.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    meubanks wrote: »
    To people who don't like toddlers and don't want them "forced" on you, I mean no disrespect, but the point is flawed and not well taken. Toddlers don't just magically arrive in the mailbox and they can't appear autonomously. You need to create them in CAS or through deliberate choices in the course of game play. They are an easily and completely avoidable game play feature for those who don't enjoy them, and it's actually harder to get a toddler than it is to avoid including one in your game. Choosing not to play them will cost you nothing, or at the very worst a single mouse click to age them up. Their inclusion into the game will not cause any of the features that you like to disappear. We all have different play styles, and the "I don't like it so it shouldn't exist" argument can be made about literally any aspect of the game. Toddler fans can gain without you losing anything.

I see the point somewhat with unavoidable content. I hated zombies in Supernatural but they were a take-it-or-leave-it feature of the pack. I had to have them if I wanted to use the many features of the pack that I did like. They were ubiquitously common and there was nothing at all about them that I found enjoyable. I still would not want them removed for the sake of whatever-masochistic-tendency would cause someone to enjoy them. I just wanted the option to turn them off or reduce their frequency in my game.

Toddlers are not the same thing at all. I can play with them while you play without them and we both can enjoy our own games in our own ways. From your side of the argument only you should be allowed to. There are a lot of features in the game that I don't use. Should I be indignant about how they are being "forced" on me? I want EA to remove them all right now. If I don't want it no one should be allowed to have it. I mean no disrespect but the argument just makes no sense. Their mere existence will not "force" you to play with them. The strength of the Sims series is it's flexibility. We should all have the opportunity to play the game that we like.

The "put them in an EP" argument is equally flawed. That EP will likely still have content that at least some non-fans of toddlers still want, and if toddlers are the only thing that appeals to us in that EP then everything else in that pack is being "forced" on us. It escalates, rather than solves, the original dispute. It is the same situation in a different form. I'm for opportunities and choice for all Simmers. I'm against restrictions and limitations that deny some of us. I think I just unintentionally wrote a campaign slogan. :)

With a campaign slogan like that, I'd vote for you!

Thumbs%20Up%202_zpssqulgkj9.gif
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    The forums are going to be a very scary place after Gamescom if toddlers are not announced. I'm a little scared.

This GIF perfectly sums up what would happen...

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fire_community.gif[/img]
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member

Hahahaha yup. Oh geez... Brace yourselves!
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    My only wish is that they would say for sure if they aren't or are going to be added at some point.....I really don't care when, I rarely play them. At least everyone would know and the guessing game would stop. I would rather see pets come back but time will tell, I have played Sims since the very beginning and will probably play till one of us is gone. I am in my 60s, not really into all the party stuff but love GTW.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    To people who don't like toddlers and don't want them "forced" on you, I mean no disrespect, but the point is flawed and not well taken. Toddlers don't just magically arrive in the mailbox and they can't appear autonomously. You need to create them in CAS or through deliberate choices in the course of game play. They are an easily and completely avoidable game play feature for those who don't enjoy them, and it's actually harder to get a toddler than it is to avoid including one in your game. Choosing not to play them will cost you nothing, or at the very worst a single mouse click to age them up. Their inclusion into the game will not cause any of the features that you like to disappear. We all have different play styles, and the "I don't like it so it shouldn't exist" argument can be made about literally any aspect of the game. Toddler fans can gain without you losing anything.

I see the point somewhat with unavoidable content. I hated zombies in Supernatural but they were a take-it-or-leave-it feature of the pack. I had to have them if I wanted to use the many features of the pack that I did like. They were ubiquitously common and there was nothing at all about them that I found enjoyable. I still would not want them removed for the sake of whatever-masochistic-tendency would cause someone to enjoy them. I just wanted the option to turn them off or reduce their frequency in my game.

Toddlers are not the same thing at all. I can play with them while you play without them and we both can enjoy our own games in our own ways. From your side of the argument only you should be allowed to. There are a lot of features in the game that I don't use. Should I be indignant about how they are being "forced" on me? I want EA to remove them all right now. If I don't want it no one should be allowed to have it. I mean no disrespect but the argument just makes no sense. Their mere existence will not "force" you to play with them. The strength of the Sims series is it's flexibility. We should all have the opportunity to play the game that we like.

The "put them in an EP" argument is equally flawed. That EP will likely still have content that at least some non-fans of toddlers still want, and if toddlers are the only thing that appeals to us in that EP then everything else in that pack is being "forced" on us. It escalates, rather than solves, the original dispute. It is the same situation in a different form. I'm for opportunities and choice for all Simmers. I'm against restrictions and limitations that deny some of us. I think I just unintentionally wrote a campaign slogan. :)

Then maybe EA is right not putting them in yet. As no matter what, no one will be happy.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2015

Yep, why I will never pay for a toddler EP. I want toddlers to be included in as many expansions as possible. Supernatural toddlers are important to me and either way, toddlers will have be patched sometime if I want to have alien toddlers again. Plus I want toddlers to interact with pets. It just won't work at all if they are in a Generations EP only. So it's like do people want them patched into the base game or having a million patches for each and every expansion pack so supernatural toddlers will be available? What a coding mess that would be. People would complain to the Gurus every time the supernatural patch didn't work right.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member

Well at least there will be pizza... The next expansion seems to be Late Night I don't see us getting toddlers with that sadly hopefully they do the right thing and patch them in as Sims 4 turns a year.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

supports campain

by the logic of i don't like no one schould have it... I schould be able to sa that vampires, aliens, wearwolfs and zombies are not to be in the game
    I just choose not to play with them as you, it is easy to not play with toddlers.... even if they are in game.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2015
    anettesb wrote: »
    supports campain

by the logic of i don't like no one schould have it... I schould be able to sa that vampires, aliens, wearwolfs and zombies are not to be in the game
    I just choose not to play with them as you, it is easy to not play with toddlers.... even if they are in game.
    Um I'd edit that post. No idea what you are saying, but it's ok if English isn't your first language. I'd be happy to help reword it for you if you want. Guess I can try help anyway.

I support that campaign. By that logic of "I don't like it, no one should have it", I should be able to say that vampires, aliens, werewolves, and zombies should not be in the game. I just choose not to play them as you do, it is easy to not play with toddlers even if they are in my game.

So feel free to correct me if I didn't translate it well. But that's nice you are ok with toddlers being in the game if they come back.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KrystKryst Posts: 95 Member
    edited July 2015
    This 🐸🐸🐸🐸 forum won't let me quote! Grrr, I'm bored of this conversation now... Lets talk about the pro's and cons of cars
    tumblr_mgr2j44MwG1rpgt2to1_400.gif
    Galaxy defender, stay forever.
  • Options
    SimslikeeeSimslikeee Posts: 188 Member
    @pinkish That's cool that you are in your 60s and enjoy The Sims. I'm 22, and don't even know other adults, my age or otherwise, that are into it haha.
    a89288ef-cb73-4b64-b739-a5fc56944e13.jpg

Bring back realistic babies and toddlers!
    Check out my blog for my simming adventures!
    http://www.irishsimmer.wordpress.com