Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day or Outdoor Retreat?

I really only want to spend my money on one of these game packs but I don't know which one. Which one is more useful and has the most replay-ability? Which one has the best content in CAS and build/buy? If you could only choose one, which would you choose?

Comments

• Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    That's kind of a hard call, IMO. I'd say they're pretty close. It's really all about what you like to do more. Are you more likely to send your Sims off camping for a vacation, or to send them out for a day at the spa? Either way, the new content is finite and you're going to have 'seen it all' after a bit.

I guess I might give the nod to Spa Day myself, because I feel it's got more items that I can incorporate into my Sims' homes and use on a more day-to-day basis. (And I'm more fond of yoga than of camping, just personally.) Outdoor Retreat has things you can put in your house, but the real draw is going camping, which you have to take time off work for and send them away from the home lot.

Outdoor Retreat is the more 'different' of the two, as far as giving you things with a different 'flavor' to do. And it has the Herbalism skill which can be used to make 'home remedies' with somewhat useful effects. (Though some are really only useful when camping.) Spa Day, on the other hand, has more functional items that can be placed in the household and used whenever you please, without any special conditions. The Wellness skill doesn't do a whole lot in and of itself, but basically is a measure of how good you are at any of the new Spa Day interactions (yoga, meditation).
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    MooseGooseMooseGoose Posts: 127 Member
    Depends on what type of player you are. I find myself using spa day more because I like to play through my sims careers, and with outdoor retreat you have to go to the vacation world.
    I love the herbalism and wellness skill equally!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Tough call. I like them both and since I've put a spa retreat in Granite Falls, it makes going on vacation just that much better.

As to best content, I really like the modern feel of all the things in SD. I don't use the rustic stuff from OR nearly as much, but I do use the coolers and tents a lot.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    They're both great packs. If you can only get one, pick the one that has activities that interest you the most.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    I haven't really had a chance to play Spa Day, but it has a lot to offer. That being said I have had a lot of time with Outdoor Retreat. While @MooseGoose made a good point about having to go to a sort of vacation world, I still love a lot of things about OR. It adds a lot to family gameplay. If you don't want to send your families on a camping trip, you can buy the items like the fire pits for activities the entire family can enjoy together like telling stories and roasting marshmallows. I the items from that pack a lot, like the coolers, fire pits, tents, horseshoes game etc. I think overall (and again I have not had much time with the new pack yet) that both packs have too much to offer to not eventually get both. If you can only get one right now, then you've already received great advice from the other simmers in this thread, get the one that offers the sim activities you like more for your sims.
  • Options
    GhedrainGhedrain Posts: 48 Member
    Spa Day is nice but Outdoor Retreat has much more to offer. With Outdoor Retreat you get a new aspiration as well as the herbalist skill. There is plenty of area to explore, your sim can go hiking, there is a secret area, new fish and tons of new furniture and clothing. I noticed with Spa Day I tend to use the spa as a gym and we already have access to gyms. With Outdoor Retreat I can send my sims on vacation and get a bit of extra time building skills and socializing with the family. The vacations can be short as well so they really only take up your weekend if that's all the time your sims want to be gone.
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    I really only want to spend my money on one of these game packs but I don't know which one. Which one is more useful and has the most replay-ability? Which one has the best content in CAS and build/buy? If you could only choose one, which would you choose?

Personally I love Spa Day .. I've probably used outdoor retreat related things 5x?
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    ErikTErikT Posts: 59 Member
    Do you like camping or yoga/massage/sauna more? Both packs are nice, but I'm more into camping so I like that one better.
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    I would choose outdoor retreat - since it comes with a vacation world which gives your sims extra things to do for the weekend. I like Spa but it gets repetitive after a while. But if combined with outdoor Retreat - it's just awesome to have your sims travel and visit a spa while on vacation (of course you need to add one in Granite Falls)
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I think they're different enough that you could probably decide for yourself which you are more likely to use. Spa day probably fits into the gameplay a bit smoother so I think that's what I'd choose. I have no regrets over my time with OR though. I wanted those tents and campfires.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    KnoxhoodKnoxhood Posts: 266 Member
    edited July 2015
    Both Spa Day and OR work well together. Having said that, I don't own OR and I kind of wish I did because the scenery and stuff in it is pretty cool like the campfires. With Spa Day it works great with Get to Work as well. My sim now has stuff to do on her days off :).
    EA ID: Knoxhood
    VzZNxCw.gif
    PC Specs: Corsair 760T Black Case, Intel core i7 6700K CPU, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Mobo, MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 Geil 2400MHz RAM, 2x 240GB HyperX Savage & Samsung 850 EVO SSDs, 9TB WD Red HDDs, ID-COOLING FrostFlow 240L Red LED CPU cooling,750W PSU.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    You need to have both ! Travelling to a spa in the wood is just amazing