Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got a couple more newb questions

I like to play multiple households, and I don't like mt Sims aging up while I'm not playing them. I've played around with settings, but still not sure if I have the right one. I've already missed so much in some of their lives. Which setting do I need to set it to to keep them from aging unless I am currently playing that household?

Also, if I haven't played a family in a day or so, the garden plants are all doing horribly. Any way to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    This one should stop them from aging unless you're playing as them
    3fa3ddb3078e6f59bb21224c947df1f9.png
    If you keep the households as unplayed, then you should also uncheck the box listed as "AutoAge (Unplayed Sims)."

As for gardening... I'm not that sure. I always had it a habit for one of my sims to garden everyday in the morning or night, whichever fits their work schedule. xD
  • Options
    HeatherNickelHeatherNickel Posts: 41 Member
    I garden daily as well (with a specific Sim), but every time I come back to his household his plants aren't doing well. Shouldn't it reload right where I left off?
  • Options
    TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    I garden daily as well (with a specific Sim), but every time I come back to his household his plants aren't doing well. Shouldn't it reload right where I left off?

No, the days go on without you there
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    There is a gardener and handyman mod to allow those NPCs so that your plants won't die found here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4ra2hk4m29bybh/Daveo88_NPCs_updatedbyqc.rar
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member

I rotate daily and currently play 30 households, so more than 4 weeks go by before I return, and my plants are always just as I left them (But I also return at the same time of day, and I don't know if the game simulates any changes if you return at a different time). But if you are overwhelmed by the work on the plants, or worry too much about what happens to them, while you are gone: try putting the plants in the family inventory before you leave the lot. They are then kept in stasis until you pull them back out.

My cow plants live in the inventory, and only get pulled out when someone needs it for the gardening aspiration. No tending or feeding needed :)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    It's a lot of job to take care of the plants! If you have a small family and don't want it to be a full time job, I'd recommend a small garden. I've gotten annoyed at the needy plants so many times. I find for me 4 plants is an ok amount to have.
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Recommended for gardeners, Scumbumbos' Faster Gardening at MTS. Really cuts down on the work and compatible with the latest patch.
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 314 Member
    You could try sending whoever you're playing at the moment to do the gardening at the other families' houses, though I'm not sure if the results would hold when you save. I'd probably really recommend some of the mods others have mentioned.