Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In-game folders for categorization of custom content.

I would like to see a feature in the game that allows you to create your own folder for items you use. An example would be to create a folder purely for "xxxx livingroom" or "xxxx bathroom".

I have an awful lot of CC in my game and would like to be able to split it up into folders. I dislike having to go through all of the sofa's to find the one I want.

I believe this feature was in a previous Sims title, however I can't remember which one.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or is there already a feature that I can use? I know there is the "room" feature where you can save rooms however I would like to categorise individual objects.

Comments

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    You mean collections? Both Sims 2 and 3 had collections. I would be fine even with a CC filter, but collections were the best to sort things.
  • Options
    LomadiasXLomadiasX Posts: 56 Member
    Ah yes that may be it! I haven't played the previous instalments for a while so I couldn't remember. A CC filter would be handy certainly, but I would definitely prefer some folders.
  • Options
    MartinesSimblrMartinesSimblr Posts: 4 New Member
    I absolutely second this request, we really need proper in-game collections like TS2 and TS3 had. Decorating is becoming a daunting task with a catalogue full of custom content! I can't imagine it's that complicated for EA to implement this, so let's make a petition!
  • Options
    LomadiasXLomadiasX Posts: 56 Member
    http://strawpoll.me/4937075/r

Please go ahead and vote and we shall see if we can get noticed!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I might be doing something really stupid, but I can't seem to vote?
  • Options
    arimi00arimi00 Posts: 107 Member
    This is definitely a must especially since many cc are categorized wrong like I have wine bottles in plants & racks in accent tables! Not to mention I can never find custom walls & floors without loking at creator name.

Collection folders would be useful not only for cc users but also others as more stuff gets added particularly misc deco , lighting categories.

S2 & S3 both had this feature, I hope they patch it in soon .
  • Options
    Bumping this! Please make this happen EA!
  • Options
    simsinmypocketsimsinmypocket Posts: 80 Member
    I never used "collections" in TS3/TS2 and I don't feel like this is something I need. Although, it might come in handy when we get more EPs/SPs/GPs. At this point I believe there are more important things EA should work on.
    arimi00 wrote: »
    This is definitely a must especially since many cc are categorized wrong like I have wine bottles in plants & racks in accent tables! [...]
    @arimi00 You can easily fix that using Sims4Studio. Just open the package file that contains wrongly categorized piece of CC, go to "tags" tab and change the category. Save and that's it. It's gonna take you less than a minute. :wink: