Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day Spa isnt 20

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    CLP! That explains it.

Hint:
    Go to http://forum.bioware.com/ - Bioware is EA subsidiary just like Maxis. There, search for this "bioware points mexico".
    The first result and you didn't hear that from me.

What? Why mexico i haven't ever been in mexico

It says US dollars lol not CLP . That 12.99 is 13 bucks pretty much
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    CLP! That explains it.

Hint:
    Go to http://forum.bioware.com/ - Bioware is EA subsidiary just like Maxis. There, search for this "bioware points mexico".
    The first result and you didn't hear that from me.

What? Why mexico i haven't ever been in mexico

It says US dollars lol not CLP . That 12.99 is 13 bucks pretty much

Sorry double post
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited July 2015
    Just read it. Instead of Mexico I think Brazil and some other countries would also have the same effect but cannot find that other thread.

One thing, I'm not doing it nor support it. It's just for informative purpose so people know that Origin pricing is very different depending on the region you are currently in.
  • Options
    Just read it. Instead of Mexico I think Brazil and some other countries would also have the same effect but cannot find that other thread.

I see a bunch of things what am i suppose to read
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    If you aren't in the US, you won't be seeing a price in $US; pricing should be in your currency.

Whether taxes are charged on top of a price, included in a price, or not charged at all depend on local laws.

I mean you actually are of the impression that when each person goes to Origin or any other online store to purchase an item that the price is always shown in their currency?? Like really??

Not trying to be mean but I'm astounded that anyone would think that. Just astounded

I apologize. I assumed that what I knew from most people who have posted here about the currency they see Origin stuff in was being applied everywhere.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    It says 12,99 the confirmation thing also says that. If they charge me more then both origin and ea games will get a big complain.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited July 2015
    Maybe they charge different prices depending on the region? I'm also from South America and I paid US$12.99 for Spa Day.
  • Options

One thing, I'm not doing it nor support it. It's just for informative purpose so people know that Origin pricing is very different depending on the region you are currently in.

You are saying origin charges me less cause of where i live? That seems unfair for those who paid 20
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    If you aren't in the US, you won't be seeing a price in $US; pricing should be in your currency.
    Not really. Depends on the country you're in and if Origin operates with that currency. For example, I don't see a price in my currency but in Euros.

v8g593.png

Clearly says US. If it were in my currency it would says CLP. That price doesn't even exist in my currency a dollar is worth 1000 pesos here

did you not notice the language on the sims pack is in Spanish? that might be why yours says 12.99

• Options
    edited July 2015
    See these are the threads where i need a guru. I'll try asking SimGuruRusskii she seems to handle a lot of things from south america lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    You are saying origin charges me less cause of where i live? That seems unfair for those who paid 20
    Why would that be unfair?
    I love where I live. I refuse to relocate in some other country just to get a better price on games. :)

Besides, Origin always has something on sale. Sooner or later all of us will be able to get game additions discounted. You just got it before us. ;)
  • Options
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Maybe they charge different prices depending on the region? I'm also from South America and I payed US$12.99 for Spa Day.

They definitely do (but at the beginning of the topic the OP didn't say they weren't in the US). In New Zealand, it's higher. And people were posting about lower prices for some of South America back at basegame launch. Where I am (in Canada), the common regional practice of using the same dollar value as the US market but charging in our dollar is working in my favour right now, because our dollar's been tanking.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Maybe they charge different prices depending on the region? I'm also from South America and I payed US$12.99 for Spa Day.

They definitely do (but at the beginning of the topic the OP didn't say they weren't in the US). In New Zealand, it's higher. And people were posting about lower prices for some of South America back at basegame launch. Where I am (in Canada), the common regional practice of using the same dollar value as the US market but charging in our dollar is working in my favour right now, because our dollar's been tanking.

The thing is that despite the fact that I'm not in the US i still payed in us currency, so im just paying 13 dollars. Its great for me , but it seems unfair for other
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I expect its something to do with the taxes in each country. They have to add the tax.
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member

Whether taxes are charged on top of a price, included in a price, or not charged at all depend on local laws.

I mean you actually are of the impression that when each person goes to Origin or any other online store to purchase an item that the price is always shown in their currency?? Like really??

Not trying to be mean but I'm astounded that anyone would think that. Just astounded

I apologize. I assumed that what I knew from most people who have posted here about the currency they see Origin stuff in was being applied everywhere.

Lol, you probably didn't understand what those ppl were saying. Every site I visit with the exception of Origin and Overstock show their prices in US currency. Overstock offers shipping directly to Barbados and therefore price me in Barbadian currency so I know exactly what I'm paying before purchase. Origin charges hundreds of players, myself included in currencies they are not affiliated with. Myself and a whole host of players who live nowhere near Europe are charged in Euros. What makes it worse is that we end up paying more than the players who are charged in US currency.

For instance this pack is US$20 but we are charged €20 which is not the same since the € has a higher value than the US$. So whereas at US$20 I would be paying BDS$40 because I'm charged in Euros I end up paying closer to BDS$50. No taxes are added so that's no reason for price difference.

If they were doing it correctly I should have been charged in US currency or at the least €18.26 which is equivalent to US$20.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Lol, you probably didn't understand what those ppl were saying. Every site I visit with the exception of Origin and Overstock show their prices in US currency. Overstock offers shipping directly to Barbados and therefore price me in Barbadian currency so I know exactly what I'm paying before purchase. Origin charges hundreds of players, myself included in currencies they are not affiliated with. Myself and a whole host of players who live nowhere near Europe are charged in Euros. What makes it worse is that we end up paying more than the players who are charged in US currency.

For instance this pack is US$20 but we are charged €20 which is not the same since the € has a higher value than the US$. So whereas at US$20 I would be paying BDS$40 because I'm charged in Euros I end up paying closer to BDS$50. No taxes are added so that's no reason for price difference.

If they were doing it correctly I should have been charged in US currency or at the least €18.26 which is equivalent to US$20.

I already apologized for what I didn't know, thanks.

Out of curiosity, what does Steam do where you are?
  • Options

Likewise unfair for those who pay more because of where we live.
  • Options
    The thing is that despite the fact that I'm not in the US i still payed in us currency, so im just paying 13 dollars. Its great for me , but it seems unfair for other
    Well, everyone else who'd say "it's unfair" should pack up their bags, travel in your country and ask for citizenship.
    They won't. Why?
    Because of a better paycheck on their spot than you'll have for the same job in your country. Isn't that unfair too?
  • Options
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I expect its something to do with the taxes in each country. They have to add the tax.

It would tell me though. Plus idk if you pay taxes with digital things
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

I already apologized for what I didn't know, thanks.

Out of curiosity, what does Steam do where you are?

Sorry, I wasn't correcting you I just wanted to explain the differences. Steam charges in US, however I had already bought the base game from Origin, to get the packs from Steam to work, I would have had to have the base game from them as well.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    IngeJones wrote: »

It would tell me though. Plus idk if you pay taxes with digital things

Dunno about you but I do. 25%. I'm not paying it myself, Origin does. It's simply included in the price I'm seeing.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Sorry, I wasn't correcting you I just wanted to explain the differences. Steam charges in US, however I had already bought the base game from Origin, to get the packs from Steam to work, I would have had to have the base game from them as well.
    No. All keys for EA games or DLC you bought on Steam, you can use on Origin too (add game, redeem code).
    For example, you can buy Sims 3 base game on Origin but some EP on Steam - you can register the very same EP key from Steam on Origin. It'll work and you can play the game with EP.

• Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    How come some people paid 21 and some change in the U.S? Or I think that person was in the U.S but it wasn't said. I paid 19.99 no tax for mine
  • Options
    No. All keys for EA games or DLC you bought on Steam, you can use on Origin too (add game, redeem code).
    For example, you can buy Sims 3 base game on Origin but some EP on Steam - you can register the very same EP key from Steam on Origin. It'll work and you can play the game with EP.

I would have to look again but I've read on several occasions that the base game must be from steam.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Sorry, I was just curious which currency Steam was using in places that are non-US but aren't using local currency. But it's just curiosity. I didn't mean to try buying Sims 4 there.