Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

10 Oven Hoods and No Dishwasher?

Really?

Comments

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Yep. I think the current Sims 4 tech is too limited to make a dishwasher.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

I'll never understand how their tech in 2015 is more limited than the tech they had more than 10 years ago with TS2. Either they're really inexperienced low-cost developers or EA has seriously given them nothing to work with. Who knows, maybe it's both.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I miss dishwashers.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    We all miss dishwashers. My sims gross me out washing dishes in the bathroom sinks when there is a kitchen sink.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Jarsie9 wrote: »

It's entirely possible. The tech being limited was due to Facial Hair and it clipping.

It's more likely they need Animators for Dishwashers and EA won't fund the animation team.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Jarsie9 wrote: »

It's entirely possible. The tech being limited was due to Facial Hair and it clipping.

It's more likely they need Animators for Dishwashers and EA won't fund the animation team.

I think it's more to do with the coding behind it -- they often commented how they had more FX people (animators/modelers, etc.) than they needed, and often found themselves unable to do things without getting engineers on it.

Pretty much all of TS4's issues stem from that, it seems.
  • Options
    TootsieeTootsiee Posts: 16 Member
    I really hope we get dishwashers in game/stuff packs soon...
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    edited July 2015
    Yep and even then the hoods aren't fire alarms or have lighting so basically they are useless. You may notice as well our Sims don't even open dresser drawers anymore. Taking a guess that programing a Sim opening and closing a dresser drawer is just SOOOO difficult...oh wait yeah it was done 10 years ago in Sims 2, guess the creators at Sims 2 were genius's or evil wizards...bet that is why we won't see dishwashers or trash compactors they are to difficult to program as well.
    Post edited by ArielDelphinus on
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    awilliams428awilliams428 Posts: 4 New Member
    I agree I would love dishwashers, and trash compactors. I have wondered why they didn't add those yet.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    They should be added in for free, because I'm not paying for that object.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    [quote="pepperjax1230;13818620"]We all miss dishwashers. My sims gross me out washing dishes in the bathroom sinks when there is a kitchen sink.[/quote]

Why do they do that?!?!? Urghhhh it drives me crazy!!!!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    if the july patch is in 2 part please make sure that dishwashers and workable washers and dryers are put in prioraty in other wrod at the top of the list there no way i am letting my sims hand wash some dishes when she could load up the dishwasher to wash dishes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Open dishwasher, open trash compactor, open washing machine and dryer, open dresser drawers to change clothes (can't believe they game doesn't have this!)... it's not like they wouldn't get much use out of opening animations! Seriously?!
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Shaobun wrote: »
    Open dishwasher, open trash compactor, open washing machine and dryer, open dresser drawers to change clothes (can't believe they game doesn't have this!)... it's not like they wouldn't get much use out of opening animations! Seriously?!

I would have preferred to see those animations return over the different emotional walk styles we have now.

In TS2, my Sims have an aquarium in their house. Each and every fish in that aquarium was animated to respond to food when my Sims feed them. If I don't feed the fish, the fish die, and my Sims have to of course replace them. However, in the process of doing so, my Sims would actually take a green net, scoop the fish out, and hold the net in in their hand as they walk all the way to the toilet bowl to flush down the dead fish. They don't just magically poof them out for replacement fish.

It's such a small, maybe insignificant detail to others, but I personally really like seeing developers go the extra mile to add a deeper level of immersion. In TS2, it extended to other places as well (just as someone mentioned, they pull kitchen utensils from either the drawer or cabinet of the counter they are cooking on).

Anyway, for the record, TS4: Spa Day is getting an aquarium. And guess what? We can't even feed the fish in there to begin with. Just goes to show how poor in quality TS4 is compared to TS2. It never ceases to amaze me how much TS4 lacks compared to its 10 year old predecessor.
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    I must say, in my brief time with the game, I was indeed surprised by the number of stove hoods. Heck, TS3 base game didn't even have one.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Dear @SimGuruDrake,

Please take a look at this topic and relay this to the patch team that dishwashers are pretty much needed and need to be patch in the game same for workable washers and dryers. And do not forget to mention the most important age group for lots of simmers and that is toddlers rm7kua.jpg as well as trash compactors are pretty much needed.

Thank you
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    xale90xale90 Posts: 209 Member
    Is there a dishwasher mod available?
    Bjork-animated-fix3sec_zpse5f5950f.gif ModernMansionDesign_zps90f720d8.gif Modern-House-Design_zpsf4076eb9.gif GJmTYrF.gif nfh_zps4d3443dd.png
    Click on each image to see the house
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    xale90 wrote: »
    Is there a dishwasher mod available?

Nope I haven't found one, sorry.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    @Sk8rblaze I agree with everything you said. It's my biggest gripe with TS4, when all those things add up what we get isn't insignificant at all. It's what makes the sims come alive. I like mundane detail. I'd be fine with waiting for (and buying) new content if the content they added had some depth. It's like every time they add something great (like aquariums & retail) they don't finish it.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    @SimGuruDrake Here's a post I made in early April with some things added and others removed. It seems relevant to this thread.
    Anybody else feel like there are some great ideas and content introduced, but nothing is followed through with? For example:
    - Emotions linked to "leveling" and not to interactions or whims
    - Babies can be breast fed but are part of their bassinet
    - Family trees but issues with culling ancestors
    - Multi-tasking but can't fish or hike together
    - OR introduces rental properties. Wouldn't it be great if we could rent anywhere and build whatever lot we like anywhere (including residential in Granite Falls)?
    - Stores & jail cells but no locks
    - Retail but no home businesses
    - Bakeries but no restaurants (and for something that's a "highlight" of GTW bakeries are terrible for making money)
    - Photo studio but only 2 sims at a time
    - Selfies but not with your children
    - Aliens but only scientist can switch them off (and has to every 24 hours)
    - Abduction but can't even discuss it with other sims
    - Hospital receptionist checks people in (groups patients together), but should tell them to sit down (or play with toys if a child)
    - Police not linked to criminal
    - Poor npc implementation and not enough npcs (a photographer would be nice as would a gardener, repairman, burglar)
    - Schools but no uniforms
    - Vehicles on road but can't have a car-pool/school-bus drop by to pick up our sims?
    - Cash registers that can't ring up customers
    - Aquariums with fish that can't be fed
    - Heaps of collectables, but no storage (at least GTW introduced shelves)
    - No way to turn off supernaturals (poor game design I think)
    - Active careers but it means neglecting every other sim and co-workers aren't consistent and can't be part of your household
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yep and even then the hoods aren't fire alarms or have lighting so basically they are useless. You may notice as well our Sims don't even open dresser drawers anymore. Taking a guess that programing a Sim opening and closing a dresser drawer is just SOOOO difficult...oh wait yeah it was done 10 years ago in Sims 2, guess the creators at Sims 2 were genius's or evil wizards...bet that is why we won't see dishwashers or trash compactors they are to difficult to program as well.
    I don't think it has anything to do with difficult but with the budget they got to create Sims 4.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Yes, the dishwasher situation is like totally ridiculous. I wouldn't mind it so much if the Sims were smart enough to figure out to wash the dishes in the sink closest to them...but oh no....they walk to the basement or upstairs OR anywhere the farthest sink is to wash dishes. & don't let them be near a table and chair. They'll pick up the dishes, sit down, & then go wash them. Whoever commented on having dishwashers patched in...I totally agree. We've had them since TS2. There's a simple saying...if it isn't broken don't try to fix it. Not sure who's concept it was to not include this feature...but enough is enough already. My Sims live in straight up filth....the maid does nothing (still) & I refuse to have my Sims spend hours washing dishes.
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I would have preferred to see those animations return over the different emotional walk styles we have now.

In TS2, my Sims have an aquarium in their house. Each and every fish in that aquarium was animated to respond to food when my Sims feed them. If I don't feed the fish, the fish die, and my Sims have to of course replace them. However, in the process of doing so, my Sims would actually take a green net, scoop the fish out, and hold the net in in their hand as they walk all the way to the toilet bowl to flush down the dead fish. They don't just magically poof them out for replacement fish.

It's such a small, maybe insignificant detail to others, but I personally really like seeing developers go the extra mile to add a deeper level of immersion. In TS2, it extended to other places as well (just as someone mentioned, they pull kitchen utensils from either the drawer or cabinet of the counter they are cooking on).

Anyway, for the record, TS4: Spa Day is getting an aquarium. And guess what? We can't even feed the fish in there to begin with. Just goes to show how poor in quality TS4 is compared to TS2. It never ceases to amaze me how much TS4 lacks compared to its 10 year old predecessor.

No, no, no. Don't you dare get me interested in playing Sims 2 just for the fish I've barely scratched the surface of Sims 3 :D Oh but that does sound like the team cared a lot back then. So much attention to detail.

As for dishwashers well this is their reasoning. Frankly I don't think it holds any water. This isn't taken out of context. This is what they answered in the interview
    There's always an evaluation process of how we make sure that we're building a foundation that addresses as many of those possible stories that you could tell as we can. So something as small as a dishwasher, for example, it was certainly something that we discussed. And when we looked at the Sims themselves, they already have the capability of handling the dirty dishes. We brought over live drag from The Sims 3. So it wasn't a gameplay moment that felt meaningful at the time of how our Sims were reacting to the world. How their emotions were playing out and how their interactions were playing out. It wasn't an object that two Sims would use together, for example where you could see their personalities clash. It wasn't an object that would show off how our multi-tasking and compatibility were working.

You can find the interview here gamespot.com/articles/sims-4-s-first-major-expansion-introduces-playable/1100-6425100/

Here's why the reasoning doesn't work for me. Two years ago when I was staying with my aunt she wanted my sister and cous to wash the dishes, I dry them and put them in the dishwasher and we talk with eachother. I guess she wanted the dishes extra clean or something.

As for emotions maybe a neat Sim is happy that dishes will get clean better or unhappy when it breaks. A Sim with less patience finds it boring and would rather be doing anything else, a hot headed Sim kicks it when it breaks, throws dishes in an angry huff.

It really isn't hard to think up stuff for Sims to do. And for not showing multi-tasking...big whoop. So one thing won't show it, sounds like lousy excuses too me.

The weird thing is I don't care either way...but I'm tired of their lame excuses and am fine with people wanting it. Hopefully if it comes it won't cost any money.

Heh when I use a dish washer in the game I'll pay attention to see what my Sims does now :)
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Apparently there are not enough Fossils, Elements and Mathematical Designs to keep them focused on creating such marvelous things
    OJGRGDT.gif