Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I control two families with NRaas Story Progression?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    xyxnixxyxnix Posts: 34 Member
    My computer doesn't have internet. I'm posting on the forum with my phone. My phone doesn't have enough memory to download the file.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2015
    Well no, the SuperPatch is a whopping 1.7 GB download so that's not surprising. And not being able to patch is certainly a pretty good reason for not having done so, thus answering that question. :)

If you have no computer based Internet access, then that limits things a bit. Do you have access to a strong Internet connection elsewhere? If your computer is not portable enough, you could download the SuperPatcher at some other location on some other computer if necessary and within your reach and, if you have a USB thumb drive, use that to transport it back.

In the meantime, I wouldn't say playing on Patch 1.42 is impossible. But you will find a lot of mods do not offer versions intended to work on patch levels going back that far, especially those created in the past couple of years.

As for the matter at hand, castes are out of the question on SP v229. But you could approximate the same effect by using Household Options on the inactive households that you do not want messed up in your absence (click on the ground of the household's residential lot, its map tag, or any of the sims who live there to access NRaas > Story Progression > Household Options). The biggest downside is having to change a pack of Household Options on both the outgoing household and the incoming one every time you switch actives. This is kind of how we used to do it before castes were invented.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Unfortunately there is nowhere nearby that has Wi-Fi. But there is a used game exchange store nearby that sells The Sims 3 EPs for $5 a piece.
    They don't have Wi-Fi either.
  • Options
    Afraid I am out of viable suggestions, then. But many of us did play rotationally before castes came along, so it is possible. Whether it's worth the effort to keep changing many Household Options so many times, or at least let a few sim weeks go by before switching playable households, is of course up to you.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    I just thought I'd add that some of those EPs in that store probably won't be playable on the patch level you are at as they usually released a patch before a new EP was released. You might like to ask at the store if there is any way they know of to get the patch you need to be able to play the game as you'd like.
  • Options
    I was actually just wondering how they got to Patch 1.42. That's the one that came out alongside Seasons, which I think was later than all of the EPs/SPs mentioned.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    So here is the situation now. I went to the used game exange store and bought and installed The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff and 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff. My patch is now v 1.47. Is there anything I can do?
  • Options
    Yay! My friends just gave me a copy of The Sims 3 University Life.
  • Options
    So do the patches come with the EPs?

I know when I bought The Sims after the series had ended it had all the patches on the disks. which was lucky as I couldn't have downloaded them at the time.
  • Options
    Yes the patches come with the EPs. But University Life was not in the case, turns out it was Tekken 4 for PS2.
  • Options
    xyxnix wrote: »
    Yes the patches come with the EPs. But University Life was not in the case, turns out it was Tekken 4 for PS2.

That's a disappointment. University Life has a lot of fun stuff in it.

The final EP is Into the Future and it has a lot of things in it that are very like what they have done with Sims 4. Except you get the benefit of Sims 3 CAS and you have all the stuff that you've already got installed. I've managed to get all the EPs and SPs for Sims 3 and am loving it. I hope you can track it down too.
  • Options
    @Karritz It sounds fun.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I don't know if you need this or are interested, but I thought I'd post the list of EPs and SPs in release order so you can refer to it if you need to.

World Adventures
    High End Loft Stuff
    Ambitions
    Fast Lane Stuff
    Late Night
    Outdoor Living stuff
    Generations
    Town Life Stuff
    Pets
    Master Suite Stuff
    Showtime
    Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
    Diesel Stuff
    Supernatural
    Seasons
    70s 80s 90s Stuff
    University Life
    Island Paradise
    Movie Stuff
    Into the Future
  • Options
    @Karritz Thanks for the EP overview! I think now that the only choice is to do it rotationally.
  • Options
    FYI, if the patches are indeed coming along for the ride on these disks (I didn't know this either), then ITF would bring you up to Patch 1.63. Not quite the highest level available, but coincidentally the current version of StoryProgression is still compatible with that patch level.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Now when I load my saves, my sims are invisible! I backed up my saves.
  • Options
    xyxnix wrote: »
    Now when I load my saves, my sims are invisible! I backed up my saves.

I don't know if you've got special problems, but the usual reason for Sims to become invisible is something is wrong with their outfits. The easiest way to fix that is to click on a dresser and tell them to change their outfit.

Another thing you can do is reset them.

The easiest way to reset a Sim is to know its name. Then.

Hold the Shift and Ctrl and hit the C key

The cheat window will appear at the top of the screen. In the cheat window type

ResetSim John Doe

Where the sim name is John Doe replace with the name of your sim. You don't need to do TestingCheatsEnabled True first to reset a Sim.
  • Options
    @Karritz It didn't work, I was using NRaas Story Progression then uninstalled it and the plumbob and the though bubble is only visible, I can't even switch between sims.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Did you delete your 4-5 cache files upon removing the mod?

CASPartCache.package
    compositor.package
    scriptCache.package (this is the important one to delete)
    simCompositorCache.package
    socialCache.package (it's okay if you don't have this one)

Edit: Also, did you have any SP add-on modules in place that got left behind (Extra, Skills, Careers, etc.)?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!