Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Concept - New Life Stages, CAS, and gameplay. -NEW ADDITIONS TO LIST 5/12/2013-

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited April 2013
    Well this thread went downhill fast.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    Good grief, you truly are piece of genius. /sarcasm

Considering that I'm the only one of us with any evidence on their side, I would say your sarcasm applies more to yourself than to me.
    The only thing I would like to point out is THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT TS4, WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT TS3? Not once did I say we should cross engines and whatever other nonsense you are spewing out of your mouth. I am talking about TS4 and what CAN BE DONE IN THE FUTURE. I used TS3 as a reference for WHAT NEEDS TO CHANGE. Now I am going to roll my eyes at you one more time today and beg you to stop replying. As a matter of fact, I am just going to go ahead and stop the email notifications on this thread.

Why am I talking about TS3? You brought it up first, with this comment:
    Besides that, TS3 did little to push the envelope beyond what TS2 offered.

Source: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/671664.page#10678115

You're actually the first one to bring TS3 into the discussion between you and I, and you were the one to really talk about it in-depth. In fact, you even brought TS3 mods into the equation with this bit:
    Consort has a mod that allows the child and teens to "grow". It starts the child out at about 4 years old looking and they grow each night around midnight until they age to the next life stage. It is handled beautifully, actually and the effects add a great touch of realism to the game. If we were not restricted to a standard set of animations, it would be perfect. It is something that can be implemented in TS4.

Source: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/671664.page#10678115

And went further on about it here:
    So basically you say...they don't do it in TS3, it can't be done...blah, blah, blah...and I say, these people do it, that game does it, with a little research sims can do it, too. And this is where we part ways.

Source: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/671664.page#10678972

So, why am I talking about Sims 3 on a topic about Sims 4? Because YOU won't shut up about it. You keep bringing it up and using it as evidence for your claims about what should be possible in Sims 4, then trying to blame everything I say as though I'm talking about Sims 3. So, if you want the talk about Sims 3 to stop, then do yourself a favor and stop talking about it.

Oh, and as those quotes show, you just lied about using Sims 3 only as a reference for what needs to change... you used it as evidence for what you think is possible in Sims 4 simply because it can be done with Sims 3, even through mods, and used it to try to support your claims.
    And that whole box of rocks thing...yeah, it totally applies. Just from the simple fact that you, for some reason, think of mixing engines is evidence enough. I don't even understand how you got any of that out of what I said on a TS4 concept thread. You seem to be lingering in the past somewhere. And you claim to have done tests on what, TS3's engine? Super graphics? You do realize that the core of the sims franchise don't have super computers so they cater to that demographic, right? Oh, no you didn't. And you seem to really forget the fact that the sims is the ONLY game of its kind. There is no other. What is tried and tested is only this game. There are no other references to use so the only way this game gets better if someone comes along to challenge it or they invest in it.

And now the troll continues to try to incite flames.

Where did I mention mixing engines? I want exact quotes. Because, honestly, you're just making that up.

As for how I got those items out of what you said: You said you wanted items with multiple contact points for interactions, multiple contact points on the characters, and scripts running the animations. And you seriously seem to think that's a new idea for video games, despite the fact the first has been used for years in multiple types of video games, the second is pretty much standard these days, and the third has been around since before games even had what modern gamers would consider graphics and is in use in hundreds of video games on the market in a limited capacity.

And you accuse me of being stuck in the past, yet you can't seem to provide any evidence that your idea is new, refuse to even address the issue of development time that serves as the major enemy of game developers everywhere, and refuse to even come up with a single piece of technical explanation that supports what you say in addition to outright lying about what I said.

Oh, and speaking of lies, let's get to the whoppers you told in this post.

Tests on the Sims 3 engine? Nope. Here's my actual words:
    As for that mod: It doesn't help your case. Sims 3, even when it was launched, had low-end graphics; today, it's graphics are abysmal. How about actually testing something similar to that mod using 30 characters rendered with state of the art graphics? I have, and we used the newest graphics cards on the market. The result? We ended up with a bunch of very-expensive paperweights that used to be graphics cards and a lecture from the dean on not setting fires.

Source: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/671664.page#10678511
    Secondly, go back and reread what I said about the mod, then note the conditions I applied with the test I mentioned. If you had any clue about hardware testing at all, or even about animation (are you certain you took the class you claim you took?), you would understand that I was talking about conditions that do not exist inside of Sims 3. If you peruse these forums enough, you'll note that the conditions I mentioned are ones people are demanding for Sims 4 to have. So, when I tested the idea, I tested it under conditions that players want to see. And if you knew anything about animation, you would know that understanding what graphics cards the animations you've produced worked on is very important to the usability of those animations. You can't simply divorce hardware and software, like you're doing, and that's something they teach in the beginner classes.

Source: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/671664.page#10679664

Now, your next lie... that I don't realize that players don't have supercomputers. Well, here's the evidence it's a lie:
    Now, why don't they have time? Because programming a good game using the tried-and-true technologies can easily take four or five years, while the method you're talking about would take them far longer to develop and test all of the scripts they need. Due to how fast computer technology moves, any longer than 6 years of development and you hit the point where your game is in danger of never being released just due to how much technology has changed since you started the project. Then add to that the fact that to see enough money to cover the costs of development you will have to program the game for machines that are extremely far from top of the line; otherwise, your game will be a commercial failure and the company will have lost money (plus, it's a good bet being associated with a project that much of a failure will affect where you can get a job; game programmers and animators are not hard to find).

Source: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/671664.page#10678511

So, I've proven you've lied multiple times now.
    Ciao.

Feel free to let the door hit you on the way out. Hopefully, this time, you'll keep your word on leaving... you haven't any of the previous times you've said we're done.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    adventfear wrote:

Which is incredibly sad, since except for a couple of items you have a very good idea for how Sims 4 should be made. Pretty much, removing those two items still leaves for a game that is far superior to Sims 3.

I apologize for this thread going downhill as it has.
  • Options
    asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    Not once did I say we should cross engines and whatever other nonsense you are spewing out of your mouth.

I'm sorry but I can't help but reply to this comment. I'm pretty sure no one is actually communicating by means of speaking with one's mouth.

I know exactly what you meant, but one of my pet peeves is people refering to "talking" when they actually mean "typing."

Perhaps spewing out of your mind? brain? hands? computer? keyboard? Certainly not mouth.
    adventfear wrote:

Aw, it's only page two. And plus, I'm sure this thread is getting a lot of attention since its frequently being bumped up. (After all, it caught my attention.)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Aw, it's only page two. And plus, I'm sure this thread is getting a lot of attention since its frequently being bumped up. (After all, it caught my attention.)

I meant in the sense that it fell into an argument. I started it as a thread detailing my ideas for TS4 and a tiny, itty bitty little argument broke out.
  • Options
    asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited April 2013
    adventfear wrote:

I meant in the sense that it fell into an argument. I started it as a thread detailing my ideas for TS4 and a tiny, itty bitty little argument broke out.

Yeah, I knew what you meant. I was just trying to point out the positives. (which actually is really unlike me usually :shock: )
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited April 2013
    I enjoyed TanyaRubirose first post, along with the original post quotes. :mrgreen:

Thank you both!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Oh to add to the "Interactions"... Maybe some mannerisms. Like in Sims 2, if the Sim was shy and you made them dance, it was an awkward dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSL8sEjwwzM

OP: I wouldn't mind seeing you expand on this if you agree (your idea/input). :)

Edited: I lol'd when I read this :lol:
    Gone are the days of spawning inside a car, driving from one place to another, then spawning outside of the car while the car vanishes into your pocket.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Goodywood wrote:
    I enjoyed TanyaRubirose first post, along with the original post quotes. :mrgreen:

Thank you both!

That's the post I enjoyed writing the most on this thread ^^

Adventfear has a really good idea, and if this thread dies, I would like to see another started on it ^^
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Goodywood wrote:

Thank you both!

That's the post I enjoyed writing the most on this thread ^^

Adventfear has a really good idea, and if this thread dies, I would like to see another started on it ^^

Yes... with your commentary! 8)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I added new concepts to the main post. You can find them under "additional concepts" and include things like new skills, ways to get money, miscellaneous things, and open venue concepts.
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited April 2013
    I just wish it were harder to make money...or at least make things more expensive to buy...and give us bigger things to buy. It's way too easy to get and stay rich in this game. I'm hoping TS4 will be a little more challenging.

Also, I miss the chance cards from TS2. If you picked the wrong one, your sim could be demoted or even fired. I think you could actually lose skill points too...I miss the surprises.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited April 2013
    I just wish it were harder to make money...or at least make things more expensive to buy...
    This! +1
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well considering the domain name for TS4 has been registered, time will tell if they make it like I'm speculating... Hopefully they do lol
  • Options
    SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I love your Shell Sim idea.
    When you go to interact with them, the game instantly changes them to a sim you can interact with.

Genius! This could be the solution to the empty town vibe I always get.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Love those ideas :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well now we KNOW The Sims 4 is coming out. Since they said they're looking for fan ideas I guess I should try to keep this thread alive.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have a couple ideas I'd like to throw out there.

I enjoy playing some different life states from time to time, but often the extended lifespan of some life states annoys me. I would like to see customizable life spans for any new life state. I don't want characters to live five times longer than a regular human unless there's something I DO to make that happen (lifetime happiness rewards, etc)

I do like that jogging a lot can extend a sim's life expectancy and I would like to see that expanded in Sims 4. I would like to see diet have an impact too. Right now, sims gain weight only if they overeat, but why should a sim be able to eat birthday cake for every single meal and never gain weight?? How about meals and sports/physical activities having an impact (albeit a small one) on life expectancy, overall health and of course, weight and muscle development.

Sure, it would mean a lot of data has to be stored, but I'd rather store data about how my sim lives than some of the data that's already stored--if I had to sacrifice something. I'd happily give up naming every fish ever caught, for example, for having diet and lifestyle actually mean something!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I have a couple ideas I'd like to throw out there.

I enjoy playing some different life states from time to time, but often the extended lifespan of some life states annoys me. I would like to see customizable life spans for any new life state. I don't want characters to live five times longer than a regular human unless there's something I DO to make that happen (lifetime happiness rewards, etc)

I do like that jogging a lot can extend a sim's life expectancy and I would like to see that expanded in Sims 4. I would like to see diet have an impact too. Right now, sims gain weight only if they overeat, but why should a sim be able to eat birthday cake for every single meal and never gain weight?? How about meals and sports/physical activities having an impact (albeit a small one) on life expectancy, overall health and of course, weight and muscle development.

Sure, it would mean a lot of data has to be stored, but I'd rather store data about how my sim lives than some of the data that's already stored--if I had to sacrifice something. I'd happily give up naming every fish ever caught, for example, for having diet and lifestyle actually mean something!

I think they should do something like that but make it optional, so if we're telling stories and we want our Sims to be the same size throughout we can make it so.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I added new concepts to it, such as preset heights and necessities for Generations content to be base-game.
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    No young child, as I said again. We already lack toddlers and adding a young child is a waste of time. SO it needs to be more like this:
    Baby
    Toddler
    Child
    Preteen
    Teen
    Young Adult
    Adult
    Elder
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Maybe they taking so long to release Toddlers because they working on young child and preteen

*wishful thinking*
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Why in the heck was this dug up after two years? O.o