Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nvidia Cards High Fans High heat -Patch and or oigin update causing possible issues

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2015
    meeoun wrote: »
    patty wrote: »
    I called EA and was told to call the mfg of the computer. Gave me a web link to check out a known problem with the computer. The link took me to a site that was not the make of my computer. So what is causing the high heat problem? Hope we get to the source.

EA does not know but its something they need to figure out . Coding of the game, patch etc. All I know is the game does not recognize my video card for no reason and my cpu runs very high which has nothing to do with my video card and cpu temps are also caused by something in the game. All I can say is if your computer is having heat issues from this game dont play it until it gets fixed.

My computer is fine and I have a Nvidia 650m. Sounds like you were blocking either the suction or exhaust vents on your laptop while you played for awhile. Or you had your card put in your comp without the right fan(s) installed. If this game burnt out video cards a patch wouldn't of caused it- we would've seen more cases like this upon the game's release.

I am however having issues with the game not recognizing my video card. My Nvidia software recognizes the game but not vice versa. This however has occurred since a patch. (Not sure which one) To correct this I have to periodically disable Origin in Game from the application menu before starting my game. Otherwise the game will give me a notification saying my video card doesn't mean the game's requirements.

Cheers
    meeoun

No only some people have it and some dont. There is nothing wrong with our computers we have run several tests by tech helpers in this forum. The tests I was actually running for EA. My CPU went to 79c in less than one minute of playing. My computer plays the sims 3 and all eps just fine. We have had several in this forum testing this issue. On vanilla games both in slow boot and not and no difference. PC and laptop both. EA knows there is a problem. They have all my computer info.

There is both a cpu and gpu issue with the patch. You may not be seeing a lot because we cant go through the forum requesting DxDIag from everyone but I have found more with our issue posting in other places not in this thread.

I have the game accepted on Nvida control panel but the game is not recognizing the nvida cards as accepted.

We have run all our tests with origin disabled
    What driver do you currently have installed?. I know there was issues with the version 2.2 patch from Nvidia on 650m side. There was quite a bit commotion concerning it on their forums.
    Sorry to hear about your issue. Hope it gets resolved.

Cheers

meeoun

Thanks!! I had issue with the last two ea game patches. The first patch last week my nvida was on the patch issued Feb 10th. The game was fine on that nvida patch until the EA patch came out. Thats wen we started having problems with heat high fans etc. I uninstalled the game. When other stated they were going to test out this issue with testing the game I decided to re download the game, my nvida patch was now updated to the newest on 3/17. Game was ok until the new game patch we got 2 days ago. problem came back . Thats why I called EA when I realized I was not the only one and the problem keeps coming back. We had tests to back it up

PS one of the testers has both 660 card with windows 7 on desktop and 765M on laptop with windows 8.1. They had same results with this game. I had them test both their computers.
  • Options
    1Abulafia11Abulafia1 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi everybody. I have the same problem, I think.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    AMD 6-Core, 3,3 GHz
    8 MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 4 MB
    Driver Version 9.18.13.4788, latest update on 20.03.

After getting sick of restarting my computer (it freezes totally after about 15 minutes of playing) I installed SpeedFan and checked out the temperatures. It increases from 40 to 70 degree in about 10 minutes. Fans are working proberly, no problems with any other processes but Sims4.
    After playing with BIOS I could postpone the overheating for 5 minutes but not stop it.

I had this problem before, somehow it stopped, now I have it again. Unfortunately I don't know if there was an update of Origin or the game at the same time when the overheating recurred.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
  • Options

Is this happening to you too!
  • Options
    1Abulafia1 wrote: »
    Hi everybody. I have the same problem, I think.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    AMD 6-Core, 3,3 GHz
    8 MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 4 MB
    Driver Version 9.18.13.4788, latest update on 20.03.

After getting sick of restarting my computer (it freezes totally after about 15 minutes of playing) I installed SpeedFan and checked out the temperatures. It increases from 40 to 70 degree in about 10 minutes. Fans are working proberly, no problems with any other processes but Sims4.
    After playing with BIOS I could postpone the overheating for 5 minutes but not stop it.

I had this problem before, somehow it stopped, now I have it again. Unfortunately I don't know if there was an update of Origin or the game at the same time when the overheating recurred.

My computer goes from 40 to 70c in less than a minute. I know mine is caused by the new patches.
  • Options
    Now, I did the following:

Copied the saves-folder to my desktop
    Copied the "TheSims4"-folder to my desktop
    Deinstalled TheSims4
    Downloaded and installed the game again
    Changed 3D settings of my grafic card, i.e. I activated Vertical Sync (recommended by crinrict's blog)
    Started SpeedFan
    Started the Game, activated Vertical Sync there again

=> Temperatures increasing, but ok

Copied the former TheSims4-folder into the ElectronicArts-directory
    Started the Game

=> Temperatures too high (up to 80-90 °C until everything freezes)

I replaced the folders again

=> Temperatures ok (max about 70)

In the next step I want to replace only the saves-folder, then only one of the saves.
  • Options
    It seems to be enough to delete the TheSims4-folder and let the game generate a new one. Replacing the saves-folder with the old saves-folder works for me. Temperature max is about 69 °C, no more freezing so far. Played about one and a half hour.
    Maybe others with the same or similar problem would like to test that?
  • Options
    1Abulafia1 wrote: »
    It seems to be enough to delete the TheSims4-folder and let the game generate a new one. Replacing the saves-folder with the old saves-folder works for me. Temperature max is about 69 °C, no more freezing so far. Played about one and a half hour.
    Maybe others with the same or similar problem would like to test that?

If that works for you and some others fine. It does not work for me EA knows there is a problem and they need to fix it. My card is also not recognized since the new patches. It was before the patches. and it should be on the recognized list. They told me to wait until they fix it.
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    I'm also having this problem! I have a laptop with nvidia geforce GTX 670M. I didn't start having the problem of TS4 overheating until earlier this month. Just now, I walked away from my computer and when I came back it had completely overheated and shut down. I'm going to try to repair the game through origin to see if that does anything before I try uninstall/reinstalling it.
  • Options
    Kira101x wrote: »
    I'm also having this problem! I have a laptop with nvidia geforce GTX 670M. I didn't start having the problem of TS4 overheating until earlier this month. Just now, I walked away from my computer and when I came back it had completely overheated and shut down. I'm going to try to repair the game through origin to see if that does anything before I try uninstall/reinstalling it.

I did everything , uninstall reinstall etc.Reinstalled origin, Always been on Vanilla game. EA said they need to fix whatever is going on but it seems the new patches are causing it. Not much we can do unless ea fixes it but it seems to be hitting laptop CPU pretty hard

• Options
    pattypatty Posts: 52 Member
    Still have the high heat. I did a live chat with the graphic card people, and they said there is no known problem with the update of march 17. I also did a live chat with the maker of my computer and they also said there is no known defect with the CPU's . I uninstalled, repaired, started a new game and it is still happening. Has anyone heard from ea?
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I'm like the most uninformed person ever when it comes to pcs, so i don't know if i have the same issue as the OP, but my relatevely new PC starts to make odd noises while playing the sims and it started recently. But i don't know if it's the fan or not.
    I have a NVidia GTX 750 graphics card and a i7.
  • Options
    patty wrote: »
    Still have the high heat. I did a live chat with the graphic card people, and they said there is no known problem with the update of march 17. I also did a live chat with the maker of my computer and they also said there is no known defect with the CPU's . I uninstalled, repaired, started a new game and it is still happening. Has anyone heard from ea?

Im not having high heat on my GPU. My card is just not recognized by the game since the new patch but it was working before the past two patches.. My CPU temps are the issue. Your card will and should run higher than your CPU. I used the Nvida Inspector to monitor my GPU temps max was 50c and game was using 81 % of my card when I tested it again yesterday and I had the game run at high speed.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    marcellala wrote: »
    I'm like the most uninformed person ever when it comes to pcs, so i don't know if i have the same issue as the OP, but my relatevely new PC starts to make odd noises while playing the sims and it started recently. But i don't know if it's the fan or not.

Yes the game causing loud noises. Use these to check your game. Keep them open on your desktop while playing. The first one listed when you stop playing your game and go back to desktop. read your max temps not average. My CPU goes from 40's to high 70's in less than a minute of playing and not even saving.

people having issues with the patch test your game with below

monitoring tool (cpu/hdd/gpu and ram also fans :
    http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php
    For NVidia card monitoring :
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html
    with NVidia inspector, to get to the monitoring.. you need RIGHT CLICK on show overclocking and select sensor monitoring.
    And for temperature monitoring.. (which can be done from the first and second also.) :
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html you can use the free version.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member

Yes the game causing loud noises. Use these to check your game. Keep them open on your desktop while playing. The first one listed when you stop playing your game and go back to desktop. read your max temps not average. My CPU goes from 40's to high 70's in less than a minute of playing and not even saving.

with NVidia inspector, to get to the monitoring.. you need RIGHT CLICK on show overclocking and select sensor monitoring.
    And for temperature monitoring.. (which can be done from the first and second also.) :

Thanks, i'll test it before i consider to get the EP.
  • Options

Thanks, i'll test it before i consider to get the EP.

Your welcome and yes you should test before getting the EP. I cancelled my pre-order. Not sure when and if they will fix this and Im not taking any chances ruining my laptop
  • Options
    AiichiAshida382AiichiAshida382 Posts: 150 Member
    So, interesting update. I changed my graphics settings from "Low" to "Low Medium" and my temperature dropped by 4 to 5 degrees. Thought y'all might want to know that tidbit.
    愛してるから始めよう
    Origin ID:Only1OfMe333
  • Options
    So, interesting update. I changed my graphics settings from "Low" to "Low Medium" and my temperature dropped by 4 to 5 degrees. Thought y'all might want to know that tidbit.

Thats interesting!!! Well I hope EA figures out wat is causing it and fixes it. Some of us should not have to play on low to get our GPU or CPU temps lowered. After the origin update I got yesterday ( I have not been on origin) My GPU went high again. I give up!!!
  • Options
    AiichiAshida382AiichiAshida382 Posts: 150 Member
    I just find it so odd that turning up my graphics helped. I'm tempted to bring the graphics up even higher just to see if it lowers the temp even more.
    愛してるから始めよう
    Origin ID:Only1OfMe333
  • Options
    I just find it so odd that turning up my graphics helped. I'm tempted to bring the graphics up even higher just to see if it lowers the temp even more.

If I were you I would report that to EA and let them know. The more people that report it the better chance we have at getting it fixed.
  • Options
    THEREALCH0SEN1THEREALCH0SEN1 Posts: 7 New Member
    Did anyone ever find a solution for this?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Did anyone ever find a solution for this?

not that I am aware of. I stopped playing on my laptop. Are you having this issue? Are you playing on laptop or desktop? What card and have you monitored your temps in game?
  • Options
    winxwinxyuwinxwinxyu Posts: 8 New Member
    @phoebebebe13 I have the same problem too. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (or 720M, I don't really remember which) and the game overheats, but in my old computer with a 240M, it worked lag-free.. I think that EA is trying hard to keep up with tech xD.
  • Options
    winxwinxyu wrote: »
    @phoebebebe13 I have the same problem too. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (or 720M, I don't really remember which) and the game overheats, but in my old computer with a 240M, it worked lag-free.. I think that EA is trying hard to keep up with tech xD.

Leaving out this game causing some nvidia cards issues. If you have a 720 or 740 card it might not be able to handle the game. Especially 720 card. These are lower end cards and not GTX cards designed for gaming. The games recommended requirements are for Desktop GTX 650 card. Laptop cards are weaker than desktop cards. My laptop card is a GTX 770m which is about equal to a 750 ti desktop card. http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-770M-vs-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti

as you add more to the game eps and patches the game will get more demanding and why EA gives recommended requirements. The reccomended requirements are for people who intend on playing the whole game with eps and patches

If you try to report to ea that your overheating but don't meet the requirements to play the game, EA will tell you just that, you don't meet the requirements. When I report this issue to ea which I have, I have to give them people who have computers that meet the requirements of the game.

If your overheating I suggest getting a laptop cooler lowering your settings in game put the game in laptop mode. If you have cc that will make your game more demanding you might want to get rid of the cc.
  • Options
    Chayenne32Chayenne32 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2015
    Hello
    i have got this link here from German Sims 4 Forum... i have the same problem with heat and fan in my Intel Core i7 4770 with NVidia GTX760 with 3 GB Ram and 8 GB RAM
    My Fan runs very fast and blows can not play the game... :(
    Have tried by the NVidia Experience adjust what but nothing helps. The Origin settings I've made as already described here, it simply does not help.
    the fan blows only in Livemudus so much did yesterday a new family created since went reasonably my graphics card is 74 degrees during play. What I found out when I minimize the game and will see what on my desktop turns the fan no longer so on and is no longer running as fast only in the game im Livemod... what is that problem?
    I see only the GForce Videocards are the problem

Greetings

Chayenne32

I have translated this from German in English hope you can understand what i mean. I hope EA help us with a new Patch that we can play Sims 4 again without the fan blowing so fast..