Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fed up, worried for Gamescom.

Comments

• Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    I'm ready for Gamescom because what they will announce will basically determine the fate of the franchise/The Sims 4 for me. I will mark the date on my calendar and will be ready with snacks, candies and juice! No use in worrying, I already worry enough. Gamescom will be exciting!
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    I know I just want some answers even if its bad news. Im tired of the wondering will toddlers be in the game? Will family play actually become important? I just want to know.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Yup, I'm a bit worried as well. I'm happy I have Sims 2 to play, but sometimes you want something new. Everything about Sims 4 and it's packs feels half done. Like everything had so much potential, even with the base game being already limited.

I feel like they could have redeemed themselves with the packs, but it's like Oooh Get to Work? Could have made the jobs open sandbox, allowing the player to fulfill the day how they wish. You know how many possibilities that would leave open? Now we see people becoming bored already, and the game hasn't even been out for a year lol. The retail part of this pack just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off. I don't even want to go there.

Perfect Patio had a lot more potential. Some outdoor games for kids, new foods. Pool stuff etc. It was okay.

Outdoor Retreat by far is the most entertaining pack imo. Although I too wish for lake swimming and some other stuff.

Overall I feel your pain, it's not even the single life party hardy direction a lot of the packs have, because I play singles sometimes and even that's just boring. All they do is sit around and chat chat chat. It's just that for me everything feels half done. There's no more WOW factor. It's funny because even though I didn't play Sims 3 in it's prime. The packs still got me so excited. Especially University & Seasons, oh and Generations.
    However now it's like oh a New expansion pack for Sims 4? Oh it's Seasons. But we don't get any weather... huh?

Eh, I'm just hoping for the best.

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I know I just want some answers even if its bad news. Im tired of the wondering will toddlers be in the game? Will family play actually become important? I just want to know.

We all do :( I wasn't too happy when I saw @SimGuruDrake say they don't want to sticky the family thread because they want people to feel all play styles are important. When I think the reason so many family players feel so low is because we feel like we aren't appreciated or valued. We already feel other play styles take precedent due to the cuts they made so they need to come out and discuss with the play styles they cut.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited June 2015

We all do :( I wasn't too happy when I saw @SimGuruDrake say they don't want to sticky the family thread because they want people to feel all play styles are important. When I think the reason so many family players feel so low is because we feel like we aren't appreciated or valued. We already feel other play styles take precedent due to the cuts they made so they need to come out and discuss with the play styles they cut.

Really? He said that when the game HE is part of developing is completley ignoring us? Smh. I also just want good or bad news at this point, the silence is deafening.

Edit: Remembered he mainly works on the community side of things, but still...ugh.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    I know I feel like no one cares about family style players. Its really heart breaking. I don't know what Id do if I didn't have the sims 2 and 3. I want to love sims 4 like I do those games. I like the sims 4 and I have fun playing it. But I don't love it the same as the other 2 games. I was completely bored of the sims 4 til I finally got get to work. When I got the sims 2 and 3 base games I was still really into them by the time the 1st ep came out. And I didn't even get the 1st ep for the sims 3. So I played just the base game for 3 for awhile and didn't get completely bored of it.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    The thing is I personally find it difficult to be closing the sims 4 and not playing it for a while because it's always like "oh I just need to make sure that Mae gets a promotion" or "I just need to spend 5 more mintues to make sure the little simmies are doing there homework" something along them lines and I get bored of it but then a get a burst of go and play it again, the backdrops and the ideas corner got me feeling some kinda way :triumph::grimace:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I know I feel like no one cares about family style players. Its really heart breaking. I don't know what Id do if I didn't have the sims 2 and 3. I want to love sims 4 like I do those games. I like the sims 4 and I have fun playing it. But I don't love it the same as the other 2 games. I was completely bored of the sims 4 til I finally got get to work. When I got the sims 2 and 3 base games I was still really into them by the time the 1st ep came out. And I didn't even get the 1st ep for the sims 3. So I played just the base game for 3 for awhile and didn't get completely bored of it.

TS3 base is really entertaining ot me...and TS2!
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    This is more or less how I feel. :)

I wish I'd have known what I know now about the game: that it wasn't going to get better... I had hope at the beginning, but now it's all gone. At least I haven't wasted anymore money on it, I stopped after GTW.
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    I've given up on the game (uninstalled) and on Maxis/EA caring anymore. Therefore I no longer worry about this game or what happens if S4 dies. Maxis/EA has made it clear they don't want family oriented players or their money anymore so if they go out of business it's all on them, welcome to the unemployment lines is all I can say. Companies only stay in business if they provide a service or product people want. As you can see from how this forum itself is dying, many people are walking away. Sadly the people who do love S4 will have to suffer along with the rest of us.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    Astro wrote: »

I wish I'd have known what I know now about the game: that it wasn't going to get better... I had hope at the beginning, but now it's all gone. At least I haven't wasted anymore money on it, I stopped after GTW.

I am guilty of buying OR, GTW AND LP, glad I stopped now.
  • Options

*Cringes* You bought Luxury Party? I feel sorry for you. I took one look at the low quality chocolate fountain that I saw in one of the trailers and said "nope".
  • Options
    edited June 2015

*Cringes* You bought Luxury Party? I feel sorry for you. I took one look at the low quality chocolate fountain that I saw in one of the trailers and said "nope".

:( I unisntalled LP an hour after buying. Then I was just like "Eh what the heck" and uninstalled the whole game. It was a thrilling experience watching the blue circle spin around as my pc wiped away TS4! I enjoyed the thought of it being ripped from my pc xD
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    @Astro that's what I thought when I saw the chocolate fountain, thought I was the only one :grimace::joy:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options

:( I unisntalled LP an hour after buying. Then I was just like "Eh what the heck" and uninstalled the whole game. It was a thrilling experience watching the blue circle spin around as my pc wiped away TS4! I enjoyed the thought of it being ripped from my pc xD
    XD

That's how I felt! Another plus was that I freed up 12 gigs, (which were much needed since I was running low on space :# ).
  • Options

XD

That's how I felt! Another plus was that I freed up 12 gigs, (which were much needed since I was running low on space :# ).

Haha xD I was like "Time to use my pc for things that are actually worth it."
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I'm guilty of the same (buying everything up to Patio Pack), lol. But, it was more for the (male) hairstyles and some of the clothing items. I already have tons of CC from the previous games (Sims 2 and Sims 3), and I'm not in the mood to deal with CC conflicts at the moment, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    I am not worried at all about the future of the franchise or the prospects for TS5.

They should worry about the prospects of keeping me as a customer. They got their money out of me for TS4. Nothing I can do about that now, so no sense in worrying about it. They're going to have to pull some mighty big miracles to have a repeat performance. I didn't do much research before buying TS4 because, based on past performance, I trusted them to deliver a good product. That won't happen again. You know the old saying: Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

I hope they've learned some lessons over this past year, too.

And heaven help 'em if a bona-fide competitor comes onto the market between now and then...

Ditto.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member

The guru might be right here that all play styles are important, but I personally think the majority of sims players are those who are interested in family play. producing lots of generations of sims, different life stage. I might be wrong, but what I have seen me and most of my friends are family player, so I think EA should give a serious consideration for this play style.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

The guru might be right here that all play styles are important, but I personally think the majority of sims players are those who are interested in family play. producing lots of generations of sims, different life stage. I might be wrong, but what I have seen me and most of my friends are family player, so I think EA should give a serious consideration for this play style.

I agree. All play styles are important, but the cuts to family players has been quite a big issue so they need to show family play some really love and care.
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    What even is Gamescom?
  • Options
    Teresita wrote: »
    What even is Gamescom?

August I believe.
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    Teresita wrote: »
    What even is Gamescom?